SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information

SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/)
-   Newcomers to Recovery (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/newcomers-recovery/)
-   -   Made It Two Day 2 After 9 Day Bender (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/newcomers-recovery/368354-made-two-day-2-after-9-day-bender.html)

Soberintexas007 05-29-2015 12:02 AM

Made It Two Day 2 After 9 Day Bender

Finally made it past my Day 1! I cannot believe that I had a 8 day bender in which I drank each day, but it did happen so quickly. The disease took hold of me, and I just could not stop.

So grateful to have a productive day yesterday without drinking. It feels good to be back on track. Now my goal is to string some days together and hopefully get the ball rolling.

Beeraholic 05-29-2015 12:16 AM

Gotta start with day 1, right!? Good luck!

Soberintexas007 05-29-2015 01:01 PM

On Day 2

Well, I have made it to day 2 after drinking for 8 straight nights and some days in a row. Feels great not to wake up depressed, anxious, and dysfunctional. Husband thinks that I will just cave in and relapse as usual (and he doesn't even think I am an addict). But I know that I lose control after that first drink, and that is all that matters. Plus, even though I have been relapsing, I do give myself credit for getting back on the sober horse and giving it another try, while making changes to my program. I have faith in God.

CaseyW 05-29-2015 01:28 PM

Congrats on day 2, Soberintexas007. I'm also sober in Texas (but I'm not James Bond or any other secret agent, unfortunately. I did like martinis though.) Hope you'll join us in the Class of May 2015 thread on this forum. It's a great way to learn from and help others who are also in early recovery.

saoutchik 05-29-2015 01:36 PM

Congratulations on 2 days SIT007

CaseyW 05-29-2015 01:40 PM

So nice I'll welcome you back twice! I think I just responded to your other thread but once again, congrats on day 2. Thanks for checking in and keep on keeping on!

Copper442 05-29-2015 01:57 PM

Congrats on day 2! Keep it going. Post as often as you need to. Especially when tempted before you decide to pick up a drink. Many good folks here willing to help in those situations.

Soberintexas007 05-29-2015 03:53 PM

Thank you. One of the things I am doing differently this time around is trying to have three meals each day, whereas before I just had one late at night.

So this morning I had orange juice and blackberries. Now I am going to have a salad for lunch. I already just exercised and feel well. It is just a matter of me remembering to eat because when I don't, the cravings kick in and I am am susceptible to relapse.

site1Q84 05-29-2015 04:25 PM

Welcome back!

Not giving up is the most important part, if you ask me. It's definitely a fight, but just keep changing that plan and eventually something will stick! You've heard about the HALT thing, yes? Hungry, Angry, Lonely, Tired are all big triggers for relapse, so try and think those through when you're feeling cravings.. it's likely one or more of those things.

Dee74 05-29-2015 04:56 PM

I merged your threads soberintx.
Too many threads about the same thing is confusing.

D

Soberintexas007 05-29-2015 06:02 PM

Thank you all for your support!

Debbie329 05-29-2015 07:35 PM

Sit007,,,,,,,,I also generally only ate once a day too.......and being hungry reminds me of drinking too. I found out a while ago......before I stopped drinking ......if I have breakfast I'm less likely to drink that day. I'm also having fruit and orange juice for breakfast and sometimes I throw in a yogurt. I also take a b vitamin w breakfast.