Notices

Stay Sober Weekender Thread until 6/1

Old 06-01-2015, 08:08 PM
  # 481 (permalink)  

Ruby, do you pack lunches for your kids? Pack a nice one for yourself too.
Old 06-01-2015, 08:14 PM
  # 482 (permalink)  

I do pack lunches for me and the kids. I'm very odd about eating I think. Eat my biggest meal at noon but then usually skip dinner. I have to make something light. I've not been cooking at all lately. We don't usually walk in the door until 6:30. I have to figure something out.
Old 06-01-2015, 08:19 PM
  # 483 (permalink)  

Main meal during the day is perfect, I prefer it that way too. The trouble is with late-night snacks when the kids are in bed, eh?
Old 06-01-2015, 08:39 PM
  # 484 (permalink)  

Yes, indeed. Ice cream! Maybe if I ate regular healthy food I wouldn't have cravings. I'm addicted to ice cream now
Old 06-02-2015, 05:18 AM
  # 485 (permalink)  

Biminiblue ~

'...and I saw two eagles at the beach and did 8400 steps.'

So, was it Don Henley and Glenn Frey, perchance?

The question to be answered by about anyone in Recovery...

- 'How Bad Do You Want It?' ~ Don Henley
Old 06-02-2015, 05:47 AM
  # 486 (permalink)  
A simple guy making his way

Have a huge meeting I a few hours. Confidence level is failing. I have to remember I know my stuff. Just relax and enjoy the conversation. Uggghhh.
Old 06-02-2015, 05:54 AM
  # 487 (permalink)  
That bell or bike person

Ken , you managed to do your job on a comedown from coke every monday and with a massive hangover ,
You can do it sober for sure and probably the bosses job too if you should want to put yourself about it .
Knock em dead, you know you can , i know you can ,

m
Old 06-02-2015, 06:44 AM
  # 488 (permalink)  

You can do it! What Mec said. Clear headed and not miserable you will be even better! Knock 'em dead!
Old 06-02-2015, 07:17 AM
  # 489 (permalink)  

I love coming on here during the week for a dose of cheer. Kind of like waking up and coming downstairs in my pajamas for a cup of coffee.
Old 06-02-2015, 07:25 AM
  # 490 (permalink)  

Speaking of pajamas and a cup of coffee...

I went to bed and couldn't sleep because I was so underfed yesterday. I tossed and turned for an hour.

Fig Newtons.

I'm on restricted calories already because I'm on a cut - and then I tried to go to bed under by 359 ( which actually translates to nearly 900 calories under if I count the weight loss cut ). And I don't have a lot of body fat from which to pull. yeah. It didn't work too well. However, I had a glass of milk and only enough cookies to get me to my calorie goal. Then I was able to sleep.

Full disclosure because sobriety site and all.

I didn't go over my calories. So I still call that a win.

Ken, you are a rock star. I think even rock stars have stage fright. I've been fighting my fear of applying for jobs. Ugh. We have to just do the thing anyway, right? We are all in your corner! You will be%
Old 06-02-2015, 07:37 AM
  # 491 (permalink)  

Hey we are still going!!!

I hope the meeting went/is going well K!!

Hi Mex, Ruby, Bim, and everyone else.

The landlord is showing some one around the apartment later, so myself and Mrs B are going to go to Ikea to look at furniture for our new place!! Very exciting. Moving in less than two weeks. Yikes!!! My life has changed so much!!!

B
Old 06-02-2015, 07:43 AM
  # 492 (permalink)  

I don't know what happened to the rest of my post ^^

I guess it was determined I was talking too much.
Old 06-02-2015, 07:48 AM
  # 493 (permalink)  

Bimini, I'd hardly say you talk too much. I tossed and turned too last night. Feeling blah today. I hope you feel better. Still earlier for you.

Behan, how exciting! Two weeks and your flat being shown to prospects. Well done. I love shopping IKEA. Great ideas for things. Good luck!
Old 06-02-2015, 08:15 AM
  # 494 (permalink)  

G'morning Weekenders,

Stressful morning for me already

Ken, I'm pulling for ya! You got this! What things do you do to center yourself? Calming thoughts, deep breaths, affirmations? I'd watch the caffeine intake too. I know it can send me through the roof mixed with normal anxiety.

Bim, breaking even with your calories, good job. Some people restrict too much and have a hard time dropping the last few lbs. I was taught to keep a small deficit and it worked for me. I was losing while eating 1700-2000 range and working out.

Just got off the phone with receptionist at my dentist... omg, do they even care?? No, I'd say. They don't give a rip. *sigh* Yes, I will keep calling you back because you won't take the responsibility to fix your error and call me back. Lol
Old 06-02-2015, 08:19 AM
  # 495 (permalink)  
saoutchik

Go Ken!

Nice one Behan tho' I don't personally share Ruby's opinion of IKEA.

Really windy here in London - I've just been attacked by a rogue wheelie bin. An outrage
Old 06-02-2015, 08:23 AM
  # 496 (permalink)  

have to share love it .. hey when my Pop died in Nov 99.. I was on a plane going home.. trying not to cry all the time.. on a puddle jumper from Florida to NC.. in the back Loved it. FEMA gent sat next to me .. plane started up shook like great aunt kate. hahahahah I poked him and said ok now when the floor falls away we start running fast.. he gave me such a look. Oh Stew he shouts. not that you would not be good to ride with but and she moved him to the front of the plane . ahahahh he got sick 4 times on that 5 minute hop.. little girl on the other side of his empty seat. look lady I don't care what you said.. just thank you thank you thank you.. some people have no humor.. hit that big bird and hit the bell.. I am in for another 24 go team Go...

Originally Posted by mecanix View Post

Good morning all
Old 06-02-2015, 08:27 AM
  # 497 (permalink)  

soberpotamus! Good to see you. Good luck with the dentist. Keep calling! You reminded me I have to make an appointment for a crown.

Saoutchik, beware the rogue wheelies! That made me smile-can't laugh or I'd be in trouble at work. I hate when the carts go blowing around. I think my favorite part of IKEA is eating in their cafeteria. I don't go very often. Was there when I bought my cabinets for my kitchen project. Which sadly, isn't finished
Old 06-02-2015, 08:27 AM
  # 498 (permalink)  

Yo Weas ~

A difficult thing for this Terminally White Western Person to learn while in Japan repeatedly on Biz Trips was this matter of 'silence'.

The Japanese would just hush up and leave long silences during important Negotiations. They could count on most Westerners to rush in to fill that 'uncomfortable' silence, and make Concessions. Or, concede more favorable Terms & Conditions. They also close their Eyes and lean back in their Chairs to contemplate, or while someone is talking. Appears rude, but isn't intended to be.

We have a Conversational patter - a pace - and various Cultures stick with their own.

Consider hanging back and not speaking 'too' quickly. Another benefit is that doing this makes us look more thoughtful, and knowledgeable. Just as with having a few Recovery Tricks stored away in our Heads - like how to turn down some Drunk insisting we accept a 'Shot' from them - file away a few coping Strategies for pending Discussions. Pull them out of your Memory Bank, and deploy them as req'd.
Old 06-02-2015, 08:30 AM
  # 499 (permalink)  

Hey Ardy. Good to see you. Those puddle jumpers are nerve wracking
Old 06-02-2015, 08:36 AM
  # 500 (permalink)  

Mesa, you make a very good observation about silence (as I rush in to fill the void). Most Americans cannot stand silence. I think so many times I've done or said too much because I've been uncomfortable. I'm learning to take two, take a deep breath, and think before I speak. It works with my kids really well sometimes. They know when they haven't been behaving. If I yell it doesn't have the same effect than if I stay quiet. They then correct their behavior.