Notices

Stay Sober Weekender Thread until 6/1

Old 05-31-2015, 09:31 AM
  # 401 (permalink)  
A simple guy making his way

I like to write notes and put them on the fridge. I had only one magnet so I had only one note.... I got some nice decorative magnets to hold up my subliminal messages.

Today I added...
" the purpose of time is to learn how to use time constructively. "

Seems in line with my vacations many lessons. One that is scary for an alcoholic but necessary to relearn soberly.
Old 05-31-2015, 09:49 AM
  # 402 (permalink)  

Spam Oreos. Barf! I like a good Oreo but I'll have to pass on that one haha

Weekends been good. I am working but have a ton of down time. I'm trying to get studying done but I keep finding myself on here. But I guess it's not a bad distraction. Hope everyone is having a good Sunday
Old 05-31-2015, 09:55 AM
  # 403 (permalink)  
Marchia in Aeternum

Originally Posted by Weasel1966 View Post
Just sayin......

Weasel, don't make me bring out the teased.
Old 05-31-2015, 10:09 AM
  # 404 (permalink)  

Had a low-key weekend... dinner with family Friday night, then spent Saturday with my gf, cooked steaks on her grill and went shopping. Saw sort of a lame movie last night (Tomorrowland) but I enjoy a weekend night out at the movies. Just relaxing today, may sign in and do some work, gf coming by later.
Old 05-31-2015, 10:30 AM
  # 405 (permalink)  

Actually got out to the gym this morning, for the first time in about a month. I think the gym-talk in this thread helped.

Stocked up my freezer and pantry for the next two weeks. Returned some Kindle books to undo some recent overspending.

Was a little nervy and sobby earlier, maybe from exercise/heat/money stress, but am feeling okay now. Remembered the bell calling us to present awareness so I stopped to calm down, breathe slowly and appreciate the panorama of greenery beyond the shopping centers, and the big blue sky full of white clouds, and slowed down to appreciate some flowers of various colors on the way home.

Feeling better now and will lie down for a little bit next. Might mow another part of the yard to add to my accomplishments for the day.

Edit: And I'm back up -- still within the post-editing window! It really only takes about 5 or 10 minutes of lying down for my head and system to reset most of the time. I recommend it. I think Thomas Edison did something similar when he was working on projects.
Old 05-31-2015, 10:41 AM
  # 406 (permalink)  
That bell or bike person

the purpose of time is to learn how to use time constructively
A bit work ethic-y for me K , for me i'd say " the purpose of time is how to spend it gloriously"

Some people might say sitting round chatting to a load of sobers or drunks & in-betweens on the web isn't terribly constructive , i certainly think what we do is glorious tho'

m
Old 05-31-2015, 10:44 AM
  # 407 (permalink)  
saoutchik

Hi SoberHoopsFan

Well done Solarion

Stopped by at the chemists on the way home. They have Body Mass Index machine - was so close to reaching "normal" Mind you they did ask me not to take any more clothes off!

You have an SL500 Mecx - nice one. Love the trick roof on those things (that and the fact that they drive so smoothly)
Old 05-31-2015, 10:45 AM
  # 408 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Weasel1966 View Post
" the purpose of time is to learn how to use time constructively. "
Actually the purpose of time is so that everything doesn't happen at once.
Old 05-31-2015, 10:52 AM
  # 409 (permalink)  
Marchia in Aeternum

Everything happened at once, once. It wasn't pretty. It was the Big Bang.
Old 05-31-2015, 11:36 AM
  # 410 (permalink)  
saoutchik

This man had the solution Trachemys
Attached Images
File Type: jpg
rps20150531_193310.jpg (62.0 KB, 39 views)
Old 05-31-2015, 11:44 AM
  # 411 (permalink)  
Marchia in Aeternum

<That's me laughing yesterday
Old 05-31-2015, 11:52 AM
  # 412 (permalink)  
That bell or bike person

Used to Sao ,
PX'd it earlier in the year as the diff (LSD pah not re-building that) and rear gearbox seals had sprung leaks , the roof ecu went wonky 96' model so it had the heavy lift off top and mohair auto fold away underneath ,
heater was stuck full on despite spending £200 on a second hand control unit , suspect the ECU for climate control under the bonnet , leaking condenser on the AC ..

It needed more surgery than this engineer had room or time for especially as i was contracting at the time , so i bought a 18,000 mile KIA soul , it seemed to exemplify practical decent motoring that was quite comfy if you're happy not buying a badge .
10,000 miles later and it's one of the best cars i've ever had , not quick and a bit road noisy , but comfy , roomy and 45 mpg on a run rather than 20 on 97 octane
no ones going to steal it and no one tries to race you
Old 05-31-2015, 12:10 PM
  # 413 (permalink)  

Checking in. Just found out that I can rent DVDs from the public library! There are hidden in the back, sweet! Sorry Red Box, I won't need your service for several years.
Old 05-31-2015, 12:18 PM
  # 414 (permalink)  

Just spent the last 2 hours catching up on work email and getting everything answered. I can return to work and actually move forward first thing.

(pssssttt - hey you procrastinators.... Thats a GREAT feeling)

The sound of the rain was a wonderful motivator.
Old 05-31-2015, 01:09 PM
  # 415 (permalink)  
saoutchik

Trachymes. Serendipity

I read a book by Og Mandino called the greatest Salesman in the World - because i'm a salesman. Didn't learn much in the way of sales techniques but I learned a lot of stuff about myself

Last edited by saoutchik; 05-31-2015 at 01:10 PM. Reason: spelling
Old 05-31-2015, 01:14 PM
  # 416 (permalink)  

Happy Sunday Sober Enders!!
Spent yesterday doing some purging and cleaning and I felt like I made a little progress. I was going to do more today, but I am moving pretty slow so far.
My next door neighbors, the other half of my townhouse, went hiking today and asked me to stop in midday and let their pup out. Well, my goodness. I had no idea my home could look that good. Makes all that work I did yesterday seem a little less admirable. Of course they are renters and the clean team sweeps in after every rental and does a new paint job and floor shine. But still, I am feeling a bit like a slob now.
Well, I guess the only thing I can do is to keep purging.

Old 05-31-2015, 01:21 PM
  # 417 (permalink)  

Hang in there Olive. A minimalist lifestyle requires sacrifice.

I did cleaning this week and realized I had been slacking the last few weeks. It took twice the efforts to get the rooms back to half what they felt like before. I will do the rest next weekend.

(so much for Mr. Super Not a Procrastinator button I had on in the post above! )
Old 05-31-2015, 01:27 PM
  # 418 (permalink)  

Took a 2 mile walk along the Chisholm Trail today. It is sunny and 74. Wunderbar! The creek along the trail had swollen and then receded and left all kinds of crap on the trail... garbage, tree roots, plastic bottles. What a mess. Lots of people out...we are so thrilled to be able to be outside!!
Old 05-31-2015, 01:32 PM
  # 419 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by ArtFriend View Post
Took a 2 mile walk along the Chisholm Trail today. It is sunny and 74. Wunderbar! The creek along the trail had swollen and then receded and left all kinds of crap on the trail... garbage, tree roots, plastic bottles. What a mess. Lots of people out...we are so thrilled to be able to be outside!!
Such nice day here Art.
Old 05-31-2015, 01:39 PM
  # 420 (permalink)  

Thanks Weasel!

I took a few deep breaths and started the purge again!