Notices

Short temper

Old 05-27-2015, 08:19 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Short temper

at 28 days I really haven't felt like drinking, but I could be happy as could be and a little problem will make me angry in no time flat. It seems to be getting worse.
Old 05-27-2015, 08:21 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Administrator

I found I was that way for a month or so too but eventually I stopped overreacting to everything.

Give it some time Dan - congrats on 28 days too
Old 05-27-2015, 08:26 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

My emotions were all over the place for the first six months or so. Especially rage. I still have some anger issues but they're getting better.

For a long time I deadened my emotions with alcohol. I also stunted my emotional maturity so didn't learn to cope with difficult situations or minor annoyances without alcohol. Learning how to do that takes time and practice. So until we learn that stuff we are uncomfortable and explode. Give it time. I find the serenity prayer helped a lot. A gratitude list helped too. Hate, hate being stuck in traffic for work but I'm grateful I have a job. That kind of stuff.

Hang in there. It's normal. Take ten and breathe before responding when you get angry
Old 05-28-2015, 01:34 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Like Ruby said, it's normal for your emotions to be a bit volatile for while, maybe even many months. But it gets better.