Notices

In salt lake wIth no plan

Old 05-27-2015, 08:06 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

In salt lake wIth no plan

Hello folks. I live in Idaho but travel for work. I'm in salt lake for a steel project. I spend the weeks here for now and weekends at home. I thought I would finish the day and head back to the hotel room. But I went out. I'm not a mess like usual but disappointed with myself as this was my first day trying to be sober and I drank. Maybe I'm making excuses but its difficult when your with the crew working out of town. Where I'm from all work is out of town so maybe the odds are stacked against me. So much for a good start. But I'll keep trying. Thanks for hearing me out.
Old 05-27-2015, 08:10 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Administrator

Maybe come here and post next time instead, ben?

D
Old 05-27-2015, 08:15 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Thanks Dee 74. I wish I did but we stopped off right after work before going to the hotel. I should have drove separate but I didn't. I will tomorrow because this has been the routine for many years with the crew of guys I work with and I gotta stop the same old same old. Thanks
Old 05-27-2015, 08:20 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Re-Member

Coming in here when you get that craving to drink is a good idea. And they also have AA meetings in Salt Lake City. Even if you're unsure if you want to participate in AA on a regular basis, going to a meeting is a good way to get out of your own head for an hour or so.

Wishing you the best tonight...

EDIT: Just saw your second post. If you have the option to drive your own vehicle to the job site, then by all means do so. That's a great idea.
Old 05-28-2015, 01:41 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Don't let habit and the expectations of others dictate tomorrow, Ben. I think the most important thing a human can have is choices, the ability to choose one's own path.

I'm glad you're here, GentleBen! It's good to have you with us.