Notices

I have 4 days today

Old 12-02-2015, 02:04 AM
  # 41 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Krisinwi View Post
Hi everybody. Another day sober for me. Day 6. It still is not easy but I am determined and I am working on a plan. One great thing that has happened is my wife has agreed to quit drinking with me. This came out of the blue and I am pretty stoked about that. That has been a hurdle for me on attempts before. Just thought I would share a little bit. Hope all is good.
This just reminded me of the same thing my wife committed to, she wasn't alkie but man could she drink with the best of us, she only said it so I'd give it up. Of course I needed outside help but she just went off on a shopping addiction for about six weeks and spent thousands of my redundancy and sure as hell when I had to call a halt to the spending, she started sipping on the wine again.
Luckily enough I had a good sponsor who was able to tell me to leave her off at it that it's only once or twice a week, I even would buy her a bottle the odd time because she was better fun when she had one or two in her.
She never did over do it and I built up a healthy fear of alcohol, you see alcohol is fine in some people but not us, we survived for 7 years happily married like this but I became very depressed (lack of meetings and isolation) and we split, then i drank.
So do this for yourself mate and no one else because if she drinks that will be your excuse to pop open a bottle and bam back in the **** again. peace and love brother.
Old 12-03-2015, 06:16 PM
  # 42 (permalink)  

I agree Paddy. Alcohol is not for us. At least not for me. I am still hanging strong. I have no cravings and I am thankful. I am 8 days today. Still not feeling good. I hope this will get better. It's my anniversary today. My wife and I went for dinner and both had no drinks. I think that is a first on our anniversary. I am proud of that. Hope everybody is doing well.
Old 12-03-2015, 06:20 PM
  # 43 (permalink)  

I just saw your post Snowvelvet. I can agree with a lot of what you said. I drank to get rid of anxiety and it just brings more. I wish I wasn't so hard headed and in a constant state of denial. I might of sobered up a long time ago. I am trying now so I guess that is what counts now.
Old 12-03-2015, 06:23 PM
  # 44 (permalink)  
JD
You're not shackled to not drinking, you're free from drinking

Great job on the 8th day. Keep it going.
Old 12-03-2015, 07:54 PM
  # 45 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Purpleknight View Post
4 Days is fantastic Kris!! Keep it going!!

Yes well done