Notices

Hello World

Old 05-26-2015, 02:39 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Hello World

Hi everyone, day 1 for me. I'm nursing a hangover again, after failing to quit again. I've decided to come here and try to quit woth some support. I've been drinking since 18 and if I think about it, it has never been a healthy relationship. It's gotton much worse over the last few years and I've gone from being in very good shape to a complete mess. My drinking has also started to impact my work. I'm desperate to quit before I hit 30 and I'm running out of time. At the moment I'll just be happy to make it to this time next week without a drink and then take it from there.
Old 05-26-2015, 02:41 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Administrator

Welcome aboard Caplin
have you ever tried to quit before?

D
Old 05-26-2015, 03:16 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Hears The Voice

Welcome to SR!

Originally Posted by Caplin View Post
Hi everyone, day 1 for me. I'm nursing a hangover again, after failing to quit again. I've decided to come here and try to quit woth some support. I've been drinking since 18 and if I think about it, it has never been a healthy relationship. It's gotton much worse over the last few years and I've gone from being in very good shape to a complete mess. My drinking has also started to impact my work. I'm desperate to quit before I hit 30 and I'm running out of time. At the moment I'll just be happy to make it to this time next week without a drink and then take it from there.
When I looked at my situation as something I needed to quit, to give something up, it felt like a loss to me. That made it more painful than it needed to be.

It took me far too long to realize I wasn't quitting alcohol. I was giving myself a better life. No loss, all gain.

Best of Luck on Your Journey.
Old 05-26-2015, 03:27 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Nonsensical View Post
Welcome to SR! When I looked at my situation as something I needed to quit, to give something up, it felt like a loss to me. That made it more painful than it needed to be. It took me far too long to realize I wasn't quitting alcohol. I was giving myself a better life. No loss, all gain. Best of Luck on Your Journey.
I like that way of looking at it, felt the 'loss' too many times, now for the gain
Old 05-26-2015, 11:05 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Welcome to the Forum Caplin!!