Notices

piecing together

Old 05-24-2015, 06:30 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

piecing together

This week w\ my mom; & I must say it feels like I'm trying to remember a week of black out drunk .... Haha

Find it funny cause mom hasn't drank in 20+ yes (never drank much once a year maybe). And I haven't in awhile .. It's just my memory, lack of sleep, & the seizure+hospital stay has me a lil dark about things. Mom as well.

Kinda therapeutic actually. Mom's face when she hears how foul mouthed she was w\ the EMTs is priceless .. Then she heard how calm, meek,& easy going I handled everything & is shocked .. I must say I am as well on that end. Mom going ballistic not so much.

But everyone says the same thing; I did good ... It amazes me I kept my head together right up until the final form was signed. Then they wanted to admit me lol Then once my older brother was there I eased up a little.

He kept the hard stuff from me until we knew she was being admitted; then he laid down the news,, conjunctive heart failure needed emergency surgery... I got no sleep that night; mom in one hospital, dad another, I was a basketcase.

Next day gathered things up for mom & dad; dropped them off visited with both. Younger bro dropped me off. Told him I couldn't see; 10 seconds later bamn seizure !!!

Then at one point mom & 1 were a floor apart & she knew nothing in best interest of keeping her stable for surgery .. 24hrs later we're both released. But mom was forced to stay w\ my older brother & I was drugged & my younger bro checked in on me through the note since he was working near hear...

The 2nd trip to the hospital last night; even the doctor said was on the staff that released me w\ out something for my anxiety considering while admitted they kept me on something.

Think I'm just getting closure; or very least so I can see how whackadoodle this all has been. As my older brother kept saying, " you can't make this s**t up!!!" Hahaha

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Sober Recovery
Old 05-24-2015, 07:16 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Forum Leader

I'm glad you are able to make some sense of it all and that you are getting help for yourself AW. Best wishes to you and your parents for all the issues you are facing, glad to hear your brothers are there to help as well.
Old 05-25-2015, 06:38 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by ScottFromWI View Post
I'm glad you are able to make some sense of it all and that you are getting help for yourself AW. Best wishes to you and your parents for all the issues you are facing, glad to hear your brothers are there to help as well.
Thanx Scott; been a helluva week haha But I am doing what I can & finally leaning on someone when I do really need to. Something I've been reluctant to do in the past.

Dennis

Old 05-25-2015, 06:44 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Forum Leader

Originally Posted by AugustWest11 View Post
Thanx Scott; been a helluva week haha But I am doing what I can & finally leaning on someone when I do really need to. Something I've been reluctant to do in the past.

Dennis
Keep doing what you are doing. You sound better than you have in months too.
Old 05-25-2015, 08:56 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by ScottFromWI View Post

Keep doing what you are doing. You sound better than you have in months too.
Rereading some of my post does seem to be upwardsbound ...