Notices

Uk brothers and sisters.

Old 05-24-2015, 05:19 AM
  # 21 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by AnvilheadII View Post
helpful tip: STOP DRINKING. NOW. coming here all drunk and sloppy and posting pink Floyd videos is NOT the purpose of this forum....we are here to HELP you achieve sobriety. long term. you are not a lost cause.....you ARE however giving yourself permission to drink since wifeypoo is gone and you think you are getting away with something.

grow up. go to a meeting. dump the booze. drinking is a dead end street and you are going down it about 80 mph. it isn't cute or entertaining......it's just sad. you deserve SO much better. your wife deserves to not be gone and know that you are just trashing yourself because she is not there to monitor your behavior. she is not your mommy. she is the woman who cleaved herself to you......and who wants and needs a partner that gives his full 100% to the betterment of both.
This message is harsh, and kind of makes me mad. I'm off this site for awhile. I will read, but not post or start threads.
Old 05-24-2015, 05:28 AM
  # 22 (permalink)  

grow up. its not cute. its not funny and you brought my wife into this. shame on you.
Old 05-24-2015, 05:33 AM
  # 23 (permalink)  
Adventurer

Wishing you the best this morning Jeff.
Old 05-24-2015, 06:01 AM
  # 24 (permalink)  

really?
Old 05-24-2015, 06:02 AM
  # 25 (permalink)  

its morning? wow. I got lost somewhere
Old 05-24-2015, 06:03 AM
  # 26 (permalink)  
Forum Leader

Originally Posted by thomas11 View Post
grow up. its not cute. its not funny and you brought my wife into this. shame on you.
You are responsible for your drinking and the consequences associated with it. Some of Your posts the last few days during your binge have been inflammatory as well so it is not surprising that others have reacted as they have.

The bottom line is you need to stop drinking, there is really not a lot else to say.
Old 05-24-2015, 06:08 AM
  # 27 (permalink)  

ok
Old 05-24-2015, 06:22 AM
  # 28 (permalink)  
bona fido dog-lover

What do you want us to say, Thomas? Go ahead and ruin your life? This is a sobriety site. Is it so surprising that we want you to stop drinking? What do you expect when you post drunk?
Old 05-24-2015, 06:42 AM
  # 29 (permalink)  
voices ca**y

I logged back in this morning to check on you Jeff. I'm really worried for you. Are you drinking now? You are not safe at home alone. Right now it's an environment to drink day after day. You have to change something up to stop this. How far are you willing to go to overcome? NOBODY deserves to go through what you are.
Old 05-24-2015, 07:13 AM
  # 30 (permalink)  

Hey Jeff, cracking tune, love Pink Floyd too, have all their music on my Ipod!!

But when I decided to stop drinking and make some tough decisions I made sure I will continue to listen and enjoy music for a long time to come, this is one of the pleasures I'll be around to keep playing over and over if I want to.

You can too Jeff!!
Old 05-24-2015, 07:50 AM
  # 31 (permalink)  

Hi Jeff, you started posting this February which is when my current attempt at sobriety began in full.

So many of your posts have been spot on, inspirational, and very helpful to me.

I haven't responded to anything you have posted recently since it pains me to see what is happening. Yes, anvil was being harsh, but the post seems accurate to me. I just think that right now, that's not what you want to hear.

I do think that by coming on here and posting while you are drunk, you are in a way asking for help. I know when I got clean for a month in June of 2014, I just abandoned this site once I started drinking again and kept telling myself that moderation was working and I didn't need this board to tell me it was a slippery slope. Well, it was a slippery slope and I wound up back in the same pattern of boozing.

I really hope you stick with us here, Jeff, and do everything possible to get sober. if you need detox, go! You're much more useful to your four employees sober than drunk, even if sobriety means you'll miss some time. And you have the huge added luxury of being your own boss. I don't think you need to tell them why your out for a few days. It's a lot easier in your position than in the case of 90% of people on here that have to tell their employer why they need time off.

Anyway, Jeff, I hope you don't abondon this site because of the negative feedback you've gotten to posting while drunk. As least said, you had to expect this when you came on here and posted drunk.

Be well and stay with us!
Old 05-24-2015, 08:15 AM
  # 32 (permalink)  
Re-Member

Wishing you the best this Sunday morning, thomas11.
Old 05-24-2015, 08:29 AM
  # 33 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by silentrun View Post
I logged back in this morning to check on you Jeff. I'm really worried for you. Are you drinking now? You are not safe at home alone. Right now it's an environment to drink day after day. You have to change something up to stop this. How far are you willing to go to overcome? NOBODY deserves to go through what you are.
^^^ This.

My heart sank when I checked in on you. There is a much better way, Jeff, exponentially better.

Many people here have found it, too, and want the same for you.

This binge is dangerous. Please be good to yourself.
Old 05-24-2015, 08:30 AM
  # 34 (permalink)  

This message is harsh, and kind of makes me mad. I'm off this site for awhile. I will read, but not post or start threads.

It's not all unicorns and rainbows. Alcoholism kills us and drives the loved ones we hold hostage insane. It's serious. Sometimes tough love and the truth is warranted even if it hurts your feelings.
Old 05-24-2015, 08:42 AM
  # 35 (permalink)  

The truth stings sometimes, doesn't it?
Old 05-24-2015, 09:31 AM
  # 36 (permalink)  
Canine Welfare Advocate

I'm off this site for awhile. I will read, but not post or start threads.
If you continue to read post, then pop over to the friends and family of alcoholics forum and read about the havoc and chaos that alcohol brings to our loved ones. Your drinking isn't just affecting you. To continue to drink is to disregard those who are impacted as well.

I warn you though, it can be pretty shocking. And if you think the posts regarding drinking and alcohol are harsh on this side of SR, you'll be surprised.

I'm thankful every day I'm sober that I'm sparing my wife from the ravages of my addiction.
Old 05-24-2015, 09:45 AM
  # 37 (permalink)  

Every day I wish I could go back and change the things that devastated my family. Every single day. I don't regret what I have done to myself. I learned from it. My family didn't deserve the pain I caused. You still have a chance to not destroy your relationships. I should rephrase you still have a choice. Choose wisely.
Old 05-24-2015, 11:13 AM
  # 38 (permalink)  
Adventurer

Jeff, hope you get it together. Your employees and family are counting on you. Please dig yourself out of the hole if self pity because your getting yourself in very deep.

Please consider calling for help.
Old 05-24-2015, 11:36 AM
  # 39 (permalink)  

I want to thank you for this thread. It helped me stay sober these past few days, along with all the others here on SR. It was frightening and painful to witness this thread.

I don't want to be where you are. Ever again. I want to leave that in the distant past and I hope you will too some day very, very soon.

Today can be your day one to a new life.
Old 05-24-2015, 11:39 AM
  # 40 (permalink)  

Nymets86, very well said.

Carl is right about the F&F side of this forum. They are tough to read. I read them early on and it helped me tremendously. But I was ready for the harsh truth.

I hope some of these harsh truths hit home hard, Jeff. They should.