SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information

SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/)
-   Newcomers to Recovery (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/newcomers-recovery/)
-   -   Yep....drunk and, (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/newcomers-recovery/367763-yep-drunk.html)

thomas11 05-21-2015 09:51 AM

Yep....drunk and,

Very close to saying adios motherf*ckers or trying to capture all the crap that has become my life. Its a coin flip at this point.

not looking for attention. Just a realistic look at my future.

buk1000 05-21-2015 10:00 AM

Thomas, sleep it off and come back tomorrow. You've made a lot of progress. Don't lose all of that just because of one weak moment.

thomas11 05-21-2015 10:02 AM

Originally Posted by buk1000 (Post 5382485)
Thomas, sleep it off and come back tomorrow. You've made a lot of progress. Don't lose all of that just because of one weak moment.

sleep it off? its noon where I am.

ScottFromWI 05-21-2015 10:03 AM

Originally Posted by thomas11 (Post 5382488)

Dump out what you have so you can sleep it off tonight. Or take a nap. Taking it out on those who have supported you all this time isn't helping anyone, especially you.

buk1000 05-21-2015 10:06 AM

Originally Posted by thomas11 (Post 5382488)

I just meant to give this some thought once you are sober.

thomas11 05-21-2015 10:10 AM

Originally Posted by buk1000 (Post 5382494)
I just meant to give this some thought once you are sober.

10-4. sorry if I offended anyone. It is never my intent. Ever.

firstymer 05-21-2015 10:11 AM

thomas11, I know things seem bad now. But things can get better. Things WILL get better. We are all living proof of that.

Please give yourself a chance. We believe in you. You just gotta try to believe in yourself.

SoberLeigh 05-21-2015 10:27 AM

There is a better, happier and more fulfilling way to live; you are so close to finding and experiencing it, thomas/Jeff; don't give up.

Ambush1256 05-21-2015 10:44 AM

I've been at this same point a few times over the past 3 years. I quit many times and relapsed many times. Weeks, months and finally today, 14 1/2 months sober. I've wanted to throw in the towel so many times but I knew that deep down inside, there was still a strong man who could conquer this beast. Be bold, be strong, be determined to kick this mother's ass. You can do it.

ccam1973 05-21-2015 10:55 AM

Hang in there man. You know you can do this and you also know how hard it is.

Drinking won't help get your life back together. It is definitely worth all of the effort you put in.

Don't let this relapse stop you from winning this fight.

We have confidence in you.

JaneLane 05-21-2015 11:02 AM

Have a nap and come back. Honestly, I have been here enough times to feel awful about myself whilst drunk, but sober you can come here and make a plan. You've got this, you don't need to continue on this path.

doggonecarl 05-21-2015 11:07 AM

From earlier this month:

Originally Posted by thomas11 (Post 5362302)
My wife is leaving to California for 10 days on the 20th of this month....The last time she left me alone, was 2 winters ago and I tried my hardest to kill myself with alcohol. It was horrible and it changed my life. I do not want to repeat that. But left alone to my own vices I am not sure I can 100% guarantee I will be ok.

And now you are drinking. Just like you called it. That's called a self-fulfilling prophecy. The addictive voice loves when you get a running jump on a relapse.

Hope you come back here sober and take to heart the advice you are bound to get.

Nonsensical 05-21-2015 11:10 AM

Originally Posted by thomas11 (Post 5382472)
Its a coin flip at this point.

Just a realistic look at my future.

I hate to throw a cold bucket of water on your analysis, but wrong and wrong.

A coin flip is a random event. There is nothing random in the decision you are making. My addiction used to tell me it was random, that I had no control over the situation. I believed it when it was convenient, but it's a lie.

No one makes a realistic look at their future when they are drunk. FFS, that's why most of us got drunk.

I look forward to your next sober post. :ring

thomas11 05-21-2015 01:14 PM

Originally Posted by doggonecarl (Post 5382602)
From earlier this month:

And now you are drinking. Just like you called it. That's called a self-fulfilling prophecy. The addictive voice loves when you get a running jump on a relapse.

Hope you come back here sober and take to heart the advice you are bound to get.

Thank you carl, but believe me, when I posted I was not oblivious to the fact that I would receive some backlash. But, I posted, I did not lie about it.

thomas11 05-21-2015 01:17 PM

Originally Posted by firstymer (Post 5382502)
thomas11, I know things seem bad now. But things can get better. Things WILL get better. We are all living proof of that.

Please give yourself a chance. We believe in you. You just gotta try to believe in yourself.

I might be a little different case here on this site. In the past, things have been very dark, which is what brought me to this site. Things are no longer dark, I just enjoy a drink or two now and then. But I know its not "right". Please understand, I am not in a dark place or think things are bad. I'm just drinking a little. Things are actually quite good.

thomas11 05-21-2015 01:18 PM

Originally Posted by SoberLeigh (Post 5382534)
There is a better, happier and more fulfilling way to live; you are so close to finding and experiencing it, thomas/Jeff; don't give up.

Soberleigh, I wish i could give you two "thanks". I know you are very active on this site (along with others) and I appreciate it.

thomas11 05-21-2015 01:20 PM

Originally Posted by ccam1973 (Post 5382587)
Hang in there man. You know you can do this and you also know how hard it is.

Drinking won't help get your life back together. It is definitely worth all of the effort you put in.

Don't let this relapse stop you from winning this fight.

We have confidence in you.

Thanks man, I'm not going down the toilet, just drinking a little bit. And I'm enjoying it.

thomas11 05-21-2015 01:21 PM

Originally Posted by No one makes a realistic look at their future when they are drunk. FFS, that's [I
why[/I] most of us got drunk.

I look forward to your next sober post. :ring

Can't argue with you there. I agree.

RunnerBean 05-21-2015 01:25 PM

Originally Posted by thomas11 (Post 5382778)
I might be a little different case here on this site. In the past, things have been very dark, which is what brought me to this site. Things are no longer dark, I just enjoy a drink or two now and then. But I know its not "right". Please understand, I am not in a dark place or think things are bad. I'm just drinking a little. Things are actually quite good.

''Very close to saying adios motherf*ckers or trying to capture all the crap that has become my life''

Drunk you and sober you don't agree

thomas11 05-21-2015 01:27 PM

Originally Posted by RunnerBean (Post 5382789)
''Very close to saying adios motherf*ckers or trying to capture all the crap that has become my life''

Drunk you and sober you don't agree

I am busted. Wow, can't believe it wrote that.