Notices

well after my seizure

Old 05-22-2015, 05:06 PM
  # 21 (permalink)  

Sorry you have to wait a few days but I'm glad you have a plan once the weekend is over... Do you see a therapist for your anxiety or just a physician?
Old 05-22-2015, 05:33 PM
  # 22 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by site1Q84 View Post
Sorry you have to wait a few days but I'm glad you have a plan once the weekend is over... Do you see a therapist for your anxiety or just a physician?
I'm gonna get a shrink. I've never seen someone for my anxiety before at all ...

Dennis

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Sober Recovery
Old 05-22-2015, 06:04 PM
  # 23 (permalink)  

Well hopefully that will help! Sometimes just venting about things brings my stress level down so much it helps my anxiety... it's like stuff doesn't build up as much
Old 05-22-2015, 06:13 PM
  # 24 (permalink)  

Well hopefully that will help! Sometimes just venting about things brings my stress level down so much it helps my anxiety... it's like stuff doesn't build up as much
Venting has always helped. But this time it's different. Can't explain it; but just venting won't fix the emptiness I feel. Between my back, anxiety, & my world I have just gone numb w\ fear..

Old 05-22-2015, 06:20 PM
  # 25 (permalink)  

Well then I'm very glad you're seeing your doctor and looking for a therapist.. I hope it all gets worked out for you!
Old 05-22-2015, 06:31 PM
  # 26 (permalink)  

Well then I'm very glad you're seeing your doctor and looking for a therapist.. I hope it all gets worked out for you!
Thanx. I must say I am amazed I never ran to the bottle. I have practically every chance in the world to. Today alone grabbing misc things for mom I walked past 2 different liquor stores 3-4 times & not once did I look to see what was on sale..

Old 05-22-2015, 06:44 PM
  # 27 (permalink)  

Hah! I honestly wasn't even thinking about you drinking when I was reading this thread, just glad to hear you're okay!

Now that you reminded me, that is INCREDIBLE! The fact that you didn't even look is awesome. I don't know if I would have made it through all that and remained sober. So good job to you! As we all know too well, drinking only makes things worse.
Old 05-22-2015, 07:03 PM
  # 28 (permalink)  

Hah! I honestly wasn't even thinking about you drinking when I was reading this thread, just glad to hear you're okay!

Now that you reminded me, that is INCREDIBLE! The fact that you didn't even look is awesome. I don't know if I would have made it through all that and remained sober. So good job to you! As we all know too well, drinking only makes things worse.
I didn't mean to toot my own horn but I am floored I didn't get a bottle, beer, or some misc. Mood altering substance.

Dennis

Old 05-22-2015, 07:08 PM
  # 29 (permalink)  
Re-Member

Tooting is ok, Dennis! Toot away! Heck, I'll toot right along with you. Just have to remember where I put my horn.
Old 05-22-2015, 08:09 PM
  # 30 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by CaseyW View Post
Tooting is ok, Dennis! Toot away! Heck, I'll toot right along with you. Just have to remember where I put my horn.
Haha I am very proud I haven't ran to booze. Especially after the first night of mom's hospital stay ... That night alone had bender written all over .. It's an intriguing thought though. If I had my seizure while booze in my system.

Things wouldn't be as bright as the actually are. Hospital wouldn't have bent over backwards to admit me. They wanted to cut me loose; but this one doctor called in a "favor" from a neurosurgeon & had me admitted as well as got me health care to boot.

Dennis

Old 05-23-2015, 02:59 AM
  # 31 (permalink)  

That's great!
Old 05-26-2015, 01:32 PM
  # 32 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by MythOfSisyphus View Post
That's great!
Yes it is !!!!! But I am on the fence about feeling ok haha I have this "not me" feeling & it is scaring me & making me more anxious. I only have 2 pills left (wasn't given many) I've taken less than prescribed so I can make them last to my Dr appointment tomorrow. I am also not gonna read how long after a seizure do you feel normal, again out of fear lol

Old 05-26-2015, 04:01 PM
  # 33 (permalink)  
Administrator

Give yourself a little time Dennis - the not me feeling will fade

D
Old 05-26-2015, 04:19 PM
  # 34 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Dee74 View Post
Give yourself a little time Dennis - the not me feeling will fade

D
Yea Dee I figured it also has something to do w\ my mom's stints & the pressure of that as well..

But got some more good news about dad... They had thought he couldn't walk @ all because they couldn't talk to mom or I who knows he needed a lil nudge.. But he got up for physical therapy & walked today. He still doesn't know about mom & I .. Nor will he the way I figure it ...

Dennis