Notices

Seen my therapist she diagnosed me

Old 05-21-2015, 04:00 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Seen my therapist she diagnosed me

So I finally had my Skype session with my therapist today , was a mix up about it last time, anyways she has diagnosed me with PTSD from childhood trauma, I knew there was something going on inside of me I just couldn't pin point it!

ANYWAYS im now feeling exhausted after talking about some rather horrific stuff but hey atleast now I know what I am up against!
Old 05-21-2015, 04:38 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Hi Chilled.

It's good to know what's going on with us, I think
Can you also have face to face sessions with her? I don't have PTSD, but my therapy sessions are a mix of f2f and Skype because I have no other option when I am out of town. But I much prefer to meet in person.

Good luck!
Old 05-21-2015, 04:56 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by haennie View Post
Hi Chilled.

It's good to know what's going on with us, I think
Can you also have face to face sessions with her? I don't have PTSD, but my therapy sessions are a mix of f2f and Skype because I have no other option when I am out of town. But I much prefer to meet in person.

Good luck!
She is goona have my doctor put me on medication ( I forget the name ) and then when that has kicked in and my nerves are calmer I can go to London to see her there and also further Skype sessions
Old 05-21-2015, 06:14 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Forum Leader

Glad to hear this Chilled. I too finally sought help for my psychological issues for the first time in my life recently. It's comforting to know that the problems can be not only identified, but also treated and improved. Best of luck working with your new therapist, i look forward to my sessions.
Old 05-21-2015, 06:21 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by ScottFromWI View Post
Glad to hear this Chilled. I too finally sought help for my psychological issues for the first time in my life recently. It's comforting to know that the problems can be not only identified, but also treated and improved. Best of luck working with your new therapist, i look forward to my sessions.
I was sooooo nervous about opening up but I just knew I had to in order for her to asses me and start the ball rolling, she assed me with mild depression when I was 12 and said it would only get worse if left untreated etc

I kinda thought maybe it was PTSD all along but im not a therapist so I couldn't put my finger on it! What I know now is there is ALOT of work to be done and surely only good can come out of this

I cried after the session, real heart wrenching tears but they were SOBER tears and I cant remember when I done that last!
Old 05-21-2015, 06:23 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

I am so glad that you are finally getting answers, Chilled.
Old 05-21-2015, 07:00 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  
Administrator

Good for you for knowing that you need to deal with the underlying issues, along with stopping drinking. I'm glad your therapist is helping you and, even though you may feel there is a lot of work to do, it will all be okay.
Old 05-21-2015, 07:36 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Talking with my therapist has bought it all back to me very fresh in my mind, its just wiped me out at the moment! feel a million emotions running through me, I don't wish to whine or moan about it as such im just expressing!
Old 05-21-2015, 08:03 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  

Wishing you well chilled. Hope this is the start of a whole new beginning for you.
Old 05-21-2015, 09:27 AM
  # 10 (permalink)  
Realising my life

That was a brave and extremely important step in your journey to a new life, Chilled. Be proud that you've taken it, my friend
Old 05-21-2015, 09:54 AM
  # 11 (permalink)  

I started seeing a therapist about a year and a half ago and was diagnosed the same for childhood trauma. As children we have no way to really find sustainable coping mechanisms and things usually go tumbling downhill gaining speed as we get older, especially if we are continuing to use similar coping mechanisms from childhood. I never had anyone to go to because I was living with the person (aka the trauma). For me it was shutting off to anything emotional and controlling my environment... This usually meant keeping everyone else out unless they played by my rules, no exception (needless to at I was a very lonely/ sad/ angry/ confused girl for a very very long time.
Keep with it, I discovered that there was a woman inside me that could trust, love, and actually be funny and make friends! These are all things I never thought were possible before.
Old 05-21-2015, 09:54 AM
  # 12 (permalink)  
pray for strength

Wow, Chilledice! I'm so impressed and inspired with where you have brought yourself. And you had a great cry to boot! In my experience with sobriety...this is the good stuff. As painful as it may feel to sift through, it frees your heart so you you can let even more good stuff and light in. So happy for you! Keep going, it gets better and better.
Old 05-21-2015, 12:15 PM
  # 13 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Verte View Post
Wow, Chilledice! I'm so impressed and inspired with where you have brought yourself. And you had a great cry to boot! In my experience with sobriety...this is the good stuff. As painful as it may feel to sift through, it frees your heart so you you can let even more good stuff and light in. So happy for you! Keep going, it gets better and better.
I think I had a bit of a weepathon going on there lol today has just draaaaaaagged so I cant wait until 11pm comes so I can get to bed and tomorrow maybe a bit brighter
Old 05-21-2015, 12:16 PM
  # 14 (permalink)  

Thanks for the support guys it means so much to me! I am here and I am sober and today was darn well difficult too!