Notices

Stay Sober Memorial Day Weekender May 21 - 26

Old 05-21-2015, 09:12 PM
  # 121 (permalink)  

Jennie, I've never seen Vintage so now I have to Google it I like the sound of cucumber melon.

Lily, the bus goes wherever we take it. It's kind of stream of consciousness. It goes wherever we need it to be to stay sober. It's a wild ride.
Old 05-21-2015, 09:28 PM
  # 122 (permalink)  
pray for strength

Yeah, I was mostly teasing. Whatever I drank was fortified or processed something or other not like coconut milk from the fruit or can. I'm not really sure what the entire shelf of coconut water varieties are all about. Enough about that. Well,

Cucumber-melon sounds delicious. When I was younger there was a company called "New York Seltzer" or something similarly generic with little glass bottles and a skyline label. They had one of the very best raspberry versions I have ever had anywhere in the world. I think the company is out of business because i have not seen it in on shelves for about 2 decades. But wow did it taste good.

It's late and feels like a Friday night or some reason. Hope you all have sweet dreams. Happyandfree is late tonight. Hope all is well.
Old 05-21-2015, 09:30 PM
  # 123 (permalink)  
That bell or bike person

I'm hopping on this bus. Where's it headed?
It goes into next week , it's no race , we just tag along the sober highway .

Sometimes we go to sober beach second left just past lake woebegone ,

Sit high up the beach and wave and cheer to those people still out of their depth or underwater , encourage them to come up onto sober beach where the living is easier and there is less resistance to making headway .

No one gets left behind and the bus comes by every 15 mins should you get off in the wrong place , so you can get back on and back with us anytime .

off up north now, catch you all later, m
Old 05-21-2015, 09:36 PM
  # 124 (permalink)  

Sounds like it's heading in my direction
Old 05-21-2015, 09:42 PM
  # 125 (permalink)  
That bell or bike person

Off to Blackpool and it's environs

*checks packing*
bucket and spade *check*
kiss me quick hat *check*
SR on mobile *check*
clean socks *check*
ready for anything now *check*

Old 05-21-2015, 10:26 PM
  # 126 (permalink)  
Marchia in Aeternum

bimini, what color is your hummingbird?
Old 05-21-2015, 10:28 PM
  # 127 (permalink)  
saoutchik

Don't forget your KISS ME QUICK hat Mex

Last long work day today. I will have to go in for an hour or so tomorrow but it's basically 3 days off.

I have noticed a lot of things at work that would have completely passed me by during my hungover days. Some of it is good and a small portion of it is bad. I have definitely learned a thing or two this week.

Cool pics BigSomb

I will have to look out for these seltzers Ruby, they must be available somewhere round here
Old 05-22-2015, 12:23 AM
  # 128 (permalink)  

Best of luck up north Mex!
Old 05-22-2015, 03:22 AM
  # 129 (permalink)  

Been to the dentist. He poked and prodded, he sucked and tucked. No major problems - such a relief.

B
Old 05-22-2015, 03:37 AM
  # 130 (permalink)  
A simple guy making his way

Sir. M enjoy the trip! So happy for you and Mex-8!!!!!

As for this guy... Welp... I have to catch up on this run away bus!

First day of my ten day vacation.... Been to the gym this morning. Feeling pudgy but that's all in my own mind. Going to meditate a bit to start on a positive note.

Lunch with an old coworker planned.

Going to shave my head bald for the vacation. I did it last year and loved it. I usually only have a very stylish stubble but that's going down to a high gloss.

Hope everyone is doing well. New folks.... Check in today. It's butterflies in the belly time. When I used to need to connect with multiple dealers to keep me fed all weekend. I even had one text me. He said all the things I used to want to hear. Sounds funny when heard through a sober ear. The fact I could hear the difference is a true blessing I cherish!

Ahhhhh.... To the shaver batman!
Old 05-22-2015, 03:38 AM
  # 131 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Behan View Post
Been to the dentist. He poked and prodded, he sucked and tucked. No major problems - such a relief.

B
Can I have the name of your dentist?
Old 05-22-2015, 04:07 AM
  # 132 (permalink)  

Count me in...looking forward to a sober weekend. Hoping the weather here in the UK is kind to us.

Day 12!!!!
Old 05-22-2015, 04:14 AM
  # 133 (permalink)  

Checking in, working a half day and then off to the cabin. Kids will come up tomorrow so have some quiet time before things get busy. I plan to cruise the lake in my kayak at least twice before they arrive. Got a little pay as you go hotspot so I can be connected. I may not be able to post much, but I do read the forums when I'm feeling the need.
Happy Friday!
Old 05-22-2015, 04:36 AM
  # 134 (permalink)  

As one Coloradoan has been heard to ask another: 'How's your Aspen'?

In this Aspen-based Story, the answer might be: not all that well. This Guy might want to focus a wee bit more on his Recovery Plan. He looks 'experienced' at needing some Recovery Work, however.

Charles Abbott came to court Tuesday with a stuffed animal and placed it on the defense table in front of him.

'He’s a very sensitive guy, has law degrees from Yale, Harvard and Stanford,' Abbott told Pitkin County Court Judge Erin Fernandez-Ely. 'I think he’ll be able to represent me before a public defender comes online.'

- Aspen Defendant Enlists Stuffed Animal As His Attorney ~ The Aspen Times -

The Owl aspect of this Story brought the Refrain of The Who Song below to mind.

In other News, Weas is looking quite fetching - in a studly way - after giving himself a Cranial Brazilian. I'm confident that Behan's Dentist could find a way to squeeze him into his pressing Schedule.

- 'Who Are You?' ~ The Who ~ Live -
Attached Images
File Type: jpg
Vin Diesel.jpg (87.0 KB, 45 views)
Old 05-22-2015, 04:40 AM
  # 135 (permalink)  

Good morning all! Have a safe trip Mec, and Bernie.

Kayaking around the lake in solitude sounds lovely. Unless there are motor boats whizzing and roaring around.

I have a short day but I'm picking up Mr. Ruby's paycheck so it's a wash. Weas, he lost his phone or it was stolen while on the road yesterday which may be a blessing considering he will get those calls you got. Just he's not prepared. Sounds like you are doing well.

Son has band at 7 a.m., one half hour from now. Trying to get the troops motivated. Hard sell. See you all later.
Old 05-22-2015, 04:41 AM
  # 136 (permalink)  
Hears The Voice

Friday morning check in.

Aside from being quite good at alleviating pain I am finding Vicodin to be an otherwise unpleasant experience. I can't imagine abusing it. I did discover, however, that I am abusing the stool softeners the doc gave me for one of Vicodin's side effects. Popping the 5th one of the day last night I finally read the bottle that said "1 per day". At least I finally got a result this morning. Phew!

TMI, I know, but I have little else to discuss being chair bound!

It's a new day. Let's hope the pain stays low and I can get off all of these meds!

I'll try to catch up on the thread later. It was making me dizzy to read yesterday.
Be well all!
Old 05-22-2015, 04:59 AM
  # 137 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Verte View Post
Oh no. Oh no! Ok so last year almost to the month, week, whatever...I bought coconut water as an entree into trying coconut seltzer water after Ms.Ruby went on about its virtues.

Whatever I tried was so horrible. Now I have to avert my eyes from that entire section at Whole Foods as my stomach turns whenever I catch sight. The only way I would try that flavor now is if it was chocked full of lemons and a variety of fruits with sunglasses and a moustache disguise.

You go right ahead gettingsmarter and buy yourself a 12-pack of that seltzer if you are feeling brave. Maybe send one to Olive's PO box while you are at it. Report back with your thoughts.
I actually love coconut water. My man is from South Asia so I have to like it if I like it or not.
Verte that's hallarious.
Old 05-22-2015, 05:01 AM
  # 138 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by MesaMan View Post
In other News, Weas is looking quite fetching - in a studly way - after giving himself a Cranial Brazilian. I'm confident that Behan's Dentist could find a way to squeeze him into his pressing Schedule.
HA HA... My dog tags are on a shorter chain than his MM. But yeah... about like that!

BTW... Cranial Brazilian is complete and its a nice breezy feeling.
Old 05-22-2015, 05:24 AM
  # 139 (permalink)  

Mex I had to look up "Kiss me Quick" hats on Google - saw some great pics of Blackpool and the scene. Reminds me of Coney Island or something of that nature, very neat! After watching "Broadchurch" I'm even more keen to visit the Seaside over yonder someday. I've been to London a couple times, and also Manchester and Stoke-on-Trent. Sure would love to get out in the countryside though someday.

Called my mother last night, I've booked a ticket back state-side for July. She's excited and already making plans for me, which is an annoyance of mine. But, I'm sure she's just happy that I am coming and therefore I will let her plans slide off my back.

Gorgeous Friday morning here. Let's kick this weekend off by kicking the drink to the curb! Newcomers, keep jumping on. Plenty of room. What plans do you all have this weekend? What challenges are you facing? And what kind of ideas do you have to stay away from drinking situations?
Old 05-22-2015, 05:33 AM
  # 140 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Lennox View Post
Count me in...looking forward to a sober weekend. Hoping the weather here in the UK is kind to us.

Day 12!!!!
Welcome Lennox! To SR and the weekender. Lots of good people and advice here. Feel free to jump in and report in often this weekend.

What are your plans?