Notices

24 Hours In

Old 05-19-2015, 11:55 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

24 Hours In

This is my first post ever on Sober Recovery though this isn't my first attempt at sobriety. I've been an alcoholic since middle school,at least, that's when I had my first drink.

As I mentioned this isn't my first rodeo. I have previously been sober for about 5 or six months a year ago but can't seem to break that threshold. I am a vodka drinker (pint to pint and a half daily) and have gone from being a functional alcoholic to full blown " not give a crap" alcoholic.

I am making every attempt possible to get sober and recover. I have had quite a few attempts at sobriety and have finally, today, got my first sponsor at AA. I am looking at this as a new opportunity because of the fact that I am fully committed to working the steps and becoming a part of the sober community. My life and my family depend on it. I got pretty close to loosing both because of alcoholism.

Anyway, I am suffering from insomnia once again and figured I ought to make my self useful by posting something. I am humbled and happy to be a part of this community and am looking forward to getting through the withdrawals and getting some good rest. Did I mention that withdrawals really suck!! God bless you all and I look forward to sharing my recovery with you all. As always your support is always helpful!

First post with many more to come....
Old 05-19-2015, 11:57 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Welcome to sr. Keep posting and reading posts.
There's so much support here, you can do this! X
Old 05-20-2015, 12:00 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

May 19th is the date that I hope will stick as the day I re birthed myself into a new sober life. Wish me luck!
Old 05-20-2015, 12:53 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  
That bell or bike person

hey sbrjoe ,
nice to have you along ,

keep on , m
Old 05-20-2015, 01:25 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Welcome sbrjoe.

The withdrawals will pass - you know that as you have been though it. Hang in there. Baby steps and take it one day at a time. All the best.
Old 05-20-2015, 06:52 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Welcome to the boards and I hope you get the support you need. Here and out in the real world.
Old 05-20-2015, 06:59 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Welcome to SR Joe. I am glad to meet you. You are right, with drawls suck. No one has ever said it would be easy, but if you look around here, we have all had a day one. It can be done. I am looking forward to seeing more of your posts and just want to remind you, you are never alone here. We are all here with you on this sober journey. Keep up the good work.
Old 05-20-2015, 07:28 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  
Re-Member

Glad you found us sbrjoe! There is a ton of wisdom and support to be found on these forums. Take advantage of it!