SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information

SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/)
-   Newcomers to Recovery (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/newcomers-recovery/)
-   -   drug addiction (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/newcomers-recovery/367664-drug-addiction.html)

delialovesjesus 05-19-2015 11:21 PM

drug addiction

I wanted to know iF there's any way I can test my husband if his doing drugs without him knowing ?
Please help I met my husband when he was 18 years old I never new oh thought he would do drugs until later on when we move in I herd from family members he was smoking cocaine I never done any type of drugs so I'm so confuse what would that be and do to you ? My husband and I been on in off since we got married in 2000
Finally in 2012 we both made the decision of going back with each other and I thank God for the change we started of really good going to church and he also stop his drinking for good so I'm so thankful to my God for that but a year ago he quit going to church and he just doest want to go with me and kids we have a total of 4/kids together so I have not gave up on going to church I take my kids and we do things together because my husband is on his own little world he doest like to do anything specially family things. But last week I came home he stayed home alone I was gone for about 2hrs we have a gate an a dog lose the thing I thought it was weard the he luck the outside door and also our bedroom the last time he did that I catch him doing drugs in the bathroom about 11pm right before he was going to bed it was white powder and he was smoking it what is that ? Please help me understand who ever is familiar with things like this? Then today when I got to the house I went straight to the bathroom and I saw little tiny spots of white powder on the counter : you could hardly see them but I did I'm not sure what to think oh if I'm seeing things please I need to learned more about what is going on I pray to God his not but I have a feeling he is for some reason

bookmaven 05-19-2015 11:29 PM

To answer your question simply, yes, there probably is a way to test him without his knowledge.

I would not recommend doing that.

I would trust my gut on this one. We are almost always right. You know if his behavior is off.

Have you looked in the Friends and Family part of this forum?

delialovesjesus 05-19-2015 11:47 PM

Originally Posted by bookmaven (Post 5380368)
To answer your question simply, yes, there probably is a way to test him without his knowledge.

I would not recommend doing that.

I would trust my gut on this one. We are almost always right. You know if his behavior is off.

Have you looked in the Friends and Family part of this forum?

Well he doesn't hangout with anybody from work to the house the only time he visits his mother is with me kids otherwise his always at the house I can't see anything other than he gets moody a lot I can't tell what kind of drug his doing because he loves to eat and he can fall sleep very easily my only two concerns was when he lock the doors witch game flash backs and today when I found little tiny spots of white stuff on the bathroom counters so I'm not sure what is going on and if I ask him he will never admitted I have ask him once when I found white powder on the counters and he dined it he didn't know how it got there when at the house only me and him and kids leave there

bookmaven 05-20-2015 06:26 AM

I'm sorry you are going through this. As an addict myself I can tell you that when confronted about my drinking or drugs I almost always lied. I probably even lied to myself, trying to convince myself that the lies I told were true.

Have you thought about beyond knowing if and what drugs he is on? If you find out that he is on drugs what will you do to take care of yourself and your kids? What are you willing to put up with? Where is the boundary line and what are the consequences for him crossing the line? Are you willing and capable of standing up and enforcing those consequences?

You can't control him, only yourself.

Maybe you can find an Al-Anon or a Nar-Anon meeting near you?

Anna 05-20-2015 06:49 AM

What would you do if you found out your husband was using drugs?

I hope that you take care of yourself and your children. Counselling might help you get through this.