Notices

Crabby crabby crabby

Old 05-19-2015, 01:03 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Crabby crabby crabby

Do you ever feel so crabby that you can't even stand to be around yourself?

I'm so mad right now and have no outlet.
Old 05-19-2015, 01:11 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Administrator

What is happening right now that has you so angry? I hope you feel better.

Can you get outside and go for a long walk or bike ride?
Old 05-19-2015, 01:17 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

you know what you might try?

Kickboxing.

Srsly.... it's an incredible outlet for the crabbies.....
Old 05-19-2015, 01:21 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

I echo what Anna has questioned and said.

Are you able to identify or articulate (even if only to yourself) what is making you angry?

Are you able to go for a walk? the exercise and change of scenery may do wonders for your anger and mood.
Old 05-19-2015, 01:22 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Yes. I get in funks where everything bothers me and I start to complain. Then I'll start to even bash myself. Thinking, how can I think this way and say those things. Usually it dies down after an hour. Venting is really helpful. You want to tell us what it is that's bothering you?
Old 05-19-2015, 01:25 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  
Trudgin

I do indeed. At those times I am typically hungry or tired I've found........It usually hard for me to be crabby/angry when I have just eaten something Based on my weight, I do indeed get crabby a lot.
Old 05-19-2015, 01:39 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Yes, I get crabby and angry. I have a couple of "buddies" that I send venting swearing texts to, who understand that it is just venting and don't judge.

Pick up a pillow and wail on the wall or bed. Buy a punching bag. All things I've done.
Old 05-19-2015, 01:44 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  

What you're experiencing is not uncommon. Personally, I know when my blood sugar drops I get less patient with the world, not necessarily angry, but less tolerant. Obviously food helps in that situation, but my best outlet for anger or stress is exercising. Someone upthread mentioned kickboxing and I'm sure that is a great outlet, but IMHO the specific exercise is less important than doing something. Anything. Run, cycle, lift weights, yoga, swim, etc. Whatever suits you.
Old 05-19-2015, 03:36 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  

I echo the kickboxing / boxing suggestion. Works for me every time. Just make sure you know how to hit properly if you're not used to a heavy bad. Wrists are delicate things.
Driving aimlessly on my own always calms me down too, bad loud music optional.
I get very very crabby and snippy and mean, especially if as GC mentioned, blood sugar goes too low.
Old 05-19-2015, 05:21 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  

Hey people, thanks for all your thoughtful replies.

I meant I have no outlet at the moment because I'm at work and have to keep my stupid "game face" on, when really I just want to rip someone's head off.

I am dealing with a sinus infection and on antibiotics, and probably did not get enough sleep. I work afternoons/evenings and usually can sleep in but today I was wide awake at 5 am. It was torture trying to make it through my shift today without nodding off. I am starving but can barely keep any food down so I'm sipping water and eating a saltine cracker about ever half-hour or so. I feel as bad as a hangover, without actually deserving one

While getting ready for work I got a very upsetting phone call from my significant other and there is nothing I can do about that until tomorrow. Totally out of my control.

In addition to the physical issues, which is basically normal for me anyway there have been a ton of changes at work, most of which I understand why they have been implemented but actually make my job more complicated than it needs to be and management has been knit picking about details that used to be nothing. It doesn't help that there are at least 4 "bosses" plus immature co-workers running to tell every little thing they hear. I've had this job for 5 years, and although it's had its moments, I actually love this job. How many people can say that? I know what it's like to have crappy jobs and this isn't one of them. At least it wasn't until recently.

I am taking steps to work that out with the bosses, and I have the next 2 days off - it's my weekend!

My serenity has been compromised. All this junk happening that I can't or don't have control over, and the things I do have the "courage to change" feel so insignificant. I'm doing the best I can though. I need to practice acceptance.

Ok, now I feel better.