SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information

SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/)
-   Newcomers to Recovery (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/newcomers-recovery/)
-   -   Back Again (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/newcomers-recovery/367596-back-again.html)

Delilah1 05-19-2015 07:16 AM

Back Again

Hello,
I am back to day one again. I find myself back into the same routine of daily drinking again. It started with a glass of wine, and has escalated back to a few glasses each night. It is definitely making me less productive or present for my kids and at work, it also has caused my exercise routine to become almost non-existent.
SR was what helped me stay sober, and I plan on logging in daily, and numerous times throughout the day to keep myself accountable.
Looking forward to bring back with all of you.
❤️Delilah

ScottFromWI 05-19-2015 07:17 AM

Welcome back Delilah. If using SR daily helped in the past I hope you can find the motivation to return to that, I use it every day myself.

Perhaps you could also consider if you need additional support locally like meetings our counseling?

lilac0721 05-19-2015 07:18 AM

I have just recently started again, too. It can be so tough to admit we went back to drinking. Good for you for sharing! And thank you!

CaseyW 05-19-2015 07:25 AM

Welcome back Delilah! Hope you'll join us in the Class of May 2015 thread. Having some accountability there has made a huge difference in my early recovery.

Lola23 05-19-2015 07:28 AM

Hi Delilah - I posted this on my thread too b/c I saw you replied...nice to "see" you again. We're in this together now. Just curious, what's your plan this time? Have you attended meetings at all, either AA or anything else? I haven't but I plan to this week.

Anna 05-19-2015 07:30 AM

Welcome back, Delilah!

I always find inspiration when I come here.

Ruby2 05-19-2015 07:53 AM

Welcome back Delilah. I stick close and post throughout the day. It helps me a lot.

Delilah1 05-19-2015 08:39 AM

Originally Posted by Lola23 (Post 5379193)
Hi Delilah - I posted this on my thread too b/c I saw you replied...nice to "see" you again. We're in this together now. Just curious, what's your plan this time? Have you attended meetings at all, either AA or anything else? I haven't but I plan to this week.

Hi Lola,
I just made an appointment with the addiction department through my insurance. Going to meet with the doctor at 9:30 and come up with a plan with him. They offer classes, and have groups, I am going to Some of them. I also really think I need to look at yoga and meditation to help shut my brain off. I will post later to let you know how the appointment goes.:grouphug:

Lola23 05-19-2015 08:43 AM

Originally Posted by Delilah1 (Post 5379290)
Hi Lola,
I just made an appointment with the addiction department through my insurance. Going to meet with the doctor at 9:30 and come up with a plan with him. They offer classes, and have groups, I am going to Some of them. I also really think I need to look at yoga and meditation to help shut my brain off. I will post later to let you know how the appointment goes.:grouphug:

Oh nice, good for you for making the appointment. I have thought about some sort of treatment center, but part of me is scared that work will find out if I go through insurance. And I don't know what all my insurance will even cover, but I think I will look into it now, b/c I've heard many insurances have stepped it up in that regard (thanks Obama). Yes, definitely check in and let us know how it goes.

OnMyWay7 05-19-2015 09:10 AM

Thanks for posting. For those of us getting tired of "fighting" and feel like we can go back and maybe moderate it's always good to hear that you end up coming back. Because I do not want to live through the first few weeks again. I'd rather just keep fighting - but I hope it stops being a fight

least 05-19-2015 09:21 AM

Welcome back! :) Posting here daily helps me a lot. I hope it helps you too. :)

PurpleKnight 05-19-2015 11:01 AM

Welcome back Delilah!! :)

Windancer 05-19-2015 11:10 AM

Hey Delilah! I think I remember you.
I also just returned to SR a few days ago :)

Soberwolf 05-19-2015 11:55 AM

Welcome bk

Foolsgold186 05-19-2015 12:01 PM

Welcome back!!

ccam1973 05-19-2015 12:11 PM

Welcome back Delilah. I'll just echo what others have said... Posting and being involved here at SR give me strength and motivation as well.

You can do it.

Pondlady 05-19-2015 04:13 PM

Nice to see you again Delilah , I too remember you :) I love yoga! I started it a few years ago, got away from it this past year, and have recently resumed it. It makes a huge difference in my stress level and outlook on life. Welcome back.

HeartsAfire 05-19-2015 04:19 PM

So thankful you made it back. Not everyone is that lucky. Kudos to you.

soberclover 05-19-2015 05:13 PM

Welcome back Delilah; I remember you too :)

(And good to see you too Winddancer!)

nomis 05-19-2015 05:32 PM

Hi Delilah!

I remember when I first joing, I think you were in the October club? You had just passed a month or two and somebody started a thread congratulating you. I remember thinking, wow, I wish I could be as strong as her. So there you go! Your presence has here has inspired people in ways you don't even know.

Welcome back!