Notices

Needed advice about someone in rehab

Old 05-18-2015, 07:49 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Needed advice about someone in rehab

Hi. I'm new here. I think I'm addicted to Benzos but that's another story and I'm thinking about going into rehab. I know I have a problem and need help and yes I know addiction is serious and rehab is also. I'm scared to go but know I will eventually go. I know it will be difficult but I think I will be able to go and do it. I know i need it. I know there are rules and stuff at those places also.

The reason I'm here is that while I was searching for info on a place to go in Canada, I found a blog. The guy from the blog is currently in drug rehab at a place in Northern Ontario. It's one of the places I was looking at. It really is a big company that does a lot of rehab. He has been there more than a month. He gives a fake name on his blog. I found it by accident.

My issue is this. He is in rehab. He basically says how he snuck a phone into rehab. And he blogs about his stuff there. He writes about him going there and what he thinks and lots of info about the place. He doesn't say anything about other patients there and I'm not going to repeat all the other stuff that he says on here in case ppl from there read this.

IDK if i should let that place know (anonimously) that he is doing that. I mean I don't want to be a tattle-tail but I am thinking I should.
I need advice... plz.
Old 05-18-2015, 07:59 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

No, you shouldn't. It's none of your business -- stay out of it.

JMHO
Old 05-18-2015, 08:01 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
RIP Sweet Suki

Stay in your own hula-hoop. This is none of your business.
Old 05-18-2015, 08:43 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Administrator

Hi and welcome NorthStarGirl

I have no experience with rehabs, but I figure you have enough on your plate right now.

Would you really want to be in rehab with the guy whose blog you shut down?

D
Old 05-19-2015, 04:44 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

I would be more concerned about going to a place where someone was actually able to "sneak" in a phone. There are a lot of things much easier to "sneak" into a place.

Ever see that commercial, "He's a French model." ?