Notices

Facing work in the morning

Old 05-18-2015, 04:59 AM
  # 21 (permalink)  

I got barred from an establishment a year and a half ago. I said thank you and decided The next day that I would never hang out in bars again and I haven't. It was a catalyst for change. Someone once told me alcohol is not your friend because of the ridiculous behavior that used to follow. That was an understatement.
Old 05-18-2015, 06:16 AM
  # 22 (permalink)  

Sorry to hear it boombox. Like many others here, I've been "That Guy" too. Sounds like your Friday, Saturday, Sunday AND Monday were more-or-less ruined by this experience. Stop letting alcohol steal all these days from you. Good luck - you can get sober once and for all! Sounds like you have some good steps planned, we're with ya.
Old 05-18-2015, 08:23 AM
  # 23 (permalink)  

Hi Boombox, I have been there many of times. Don't be so hard on yourself....use this as a drive to stay sober. By the end of the week colleagues would have forgotten. You never know there may be a few feeling just like you in there. Good luck with your recovery
Old 05-18-2015, 10:44 AM
  # 24 (permalink)  

Boombox , I have been there so many times. Never drank during work but hangovers were awful... Sometimes I could no even think of words in meetings ... Hang in there and good wishes for keeping sober. Let's do this journey together with others on this awesome site.
Old 05-18-2015, 02:19 PM
  # 25 (permalink)  

Wow survived that and it was thanks to checking up on these forums. Every time I started feeling the berating myself was getting too much I'd have a minute or two out and read some more on here. Thanks guys! The anxiety about facing them tomorrow is building but not as bad as last night.
Old 05-18-2015, 02:32 PM
  # 26 (permalink)  
Community Greeter

Glad to hear you made it through. Hold your head up - better days are coming. Your co-workers memory of what happened will fade & you'll rise above this.
Old 05-18-2015, 02:42 PM
  # 27 (permalink)  

Been there, done that!!

I learnt 2 lessons...

1. Work and booze are not good combinations. No matter how much fun you think you are having.
2. Me & booze in all situations - work, home, private life, whatever, is never a good idea.
There is saying about 'there are many times I have regretted drinking. I have never regretted not drinking...'.

It's something like that anyway.
I hope someone can give the correct quote.

I remember the mornings after work events where I had not drunk and left before the madness started......those mornings I literally skipped to work with joy.
Its great when the sniggers and gossip are not about me!

Wishing you the best xx
Old 05-18-2015, 02:44 PM
  # 28 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Sasha4 View Post
Been there, done that!!

I learnt 2 lessons...

1. Work and booze are not good combinations. No matter how much fun you think you are having.
2. Me & booze in all situations - work, home, private life, whatever, is never a good idea.
There is saying about 'there are many times I have regretted drinking. I have never regretted not drinking...'.

It's something like that anyway.
I hope someone can give the correct quote.

I remember the mornings after work events where I had not drunk and left before the madness started......those mornings I literally skipped to work with joy.
Its great when the sniggers and gossip are not about me!

Wishing you the best xx
So true! Love it!