Notices

Tough week

Old 05-14-2015, 09:47 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Tough week

Hello all. Some of you know I've been bouncing in and out of here for a long time... This week I'm trying again and I've already stumbled backwards a couple times. Last night was a real barn burner, and my head is ringing. I drank this afternoon then decided to try again. So, here I am.

I decided to stay at a friend's place. He's out of town for a long time and I water his plants once a week. So, I thought that getting out of my house and away from my roommates was a good idea. Thankfully, my house isn't a huge trigger for me or anything, I haven't lived there very long and my roommates are not big drinkers at all. I don't affiliate my room with drinking really, even though I have done a lot of it in there. I just thought some seclusion would really help me. So far so good. It's nice to have time with my thoughts.
Old 05-14-2015, 09:49 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

I may be just ranting in this thread for a while, just to organize my thoughts. Any contributions or anecdotes are much appreciated. I need to be reminded why this is a good idea (as silly as that sounds)
Old 05-14-2015, 09:55 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Administrator

I'm glad you're back Plenny

I think the best argument is looking at your old posts. Re-read them.
Make some changes. Make some commitments.

This can be a real fresh start - a real Chapter 2.

D
Old 05-14-2015, 09:55 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Hillbilly Girl

Glad you are here Penny.....I think knowing I'm not alone in this has helped me a lot.....really reflecting on how alcohol interferes with not just my happiness but those that love me. We only have this one life.....be kind to yourself friend!
Old 05-14-2015, 10:01 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Thanks Dee. Good to see you. I am definitely going to review some old posts. I don't really want to read anything about the relationship I was in, though. I'm afraid of it triggering me.

I mostly have to remember that alcohol doesn't define who I am. I lose that realization sometimes, and I just think that alcohol is an irreplaceable part of my life. But I know and I remember that it's not.
Old 05-14-2015, 10:03 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Thank you Mariah. Unfortunately I actually am quite alone in life.... I have to try to find those other things that flourish when I'm not drinking. My work, my own body, etc. It really is just me now.
Old 05-14-2015, 10:04 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  
Magsie

Hi plenny. Welcome back. It truly is worth it.
Old 05-14-2015, 10:04 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Plenny View Post
Thanks Dee. Good to see you. I am definitely going to review some old posts. I don't really want to read anything about the relationship I was in, though. I'm afraid of it triggering me.

I mostly have to remember that alcohol doesn't define who I am. I lose that realization sometimes, and I just think that alcohol is an irreplaceable part of my life. But I know and I remember that it's not.
There is a person that you are very separate from alcohol, that probably gets hidden by alcohol, at least if you were like me. If you stay sober long enough, that other person will shine
Old 05-15-2015, 02:53 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  

Welcome back Plenny!!