Notices

Stay Sober with us this weekend! May 15th until...

Old 05-19-2015, 04:17 AM
  # 461 (permalink)  

can't sneak nuthin by you Bim...
when we was in Seattle the wife was keen on living there. I remember the flight in. I was looking out the window and all I could see was places to fish for 200 miles.
I have been researching the Wash v Oregon cost of living etc. I just tossed a nugget to my wife yesterday and asked if she was still interested in moving to Honduras.
Which brings me to Saoutchik- They don't really do the thinking. But they do do a lot of the decision making.

I was looking online at ebay and general plate values. I believe I have somewhere in the range of 2500-3000 worth of mikasa arabella dinnerware and accessories I collected in years past - rare pieces no longer available. This **** is 20 years old and never used. Just taking up space.
I was telling my friend, when I sell this place they can have it all. Realizing about 20k in just furniture. I am seriously ready to unload and be free of all the entrapments of modern societal living. A bed, a table and a chair is all I need. And this pen...

Have a good Tuesday Ruby.
Old 05-19-2015, 06:49 AM
  # 462 (permalink)  

Good morning everyone. Overcast. Cool. Nice.

Brain why not sell your Mikasa? People look for replacement bits for that stuff. A friend of mine was involved in a fundraiser rummage sale for her church and someone had donated a quite pricey China set that they were asking a fair price for but not for rummage sale. Friend super canny with money and says they will just break set and sell individually on replacements. Com. She hasn't worked in over ten years, travels all over and went through bad divorce and she was breadwinner and still hasn't worked. So, I take her financial advice when I ask for it

Saoutchik, take it from someone who does most of the thinking and deciding, it's exhausting and frustrating. Input and initiative are good and attractive things.

Oh, time to get out of my car and go into the building.
Old 05-19-2015, 06:52 AM
  # 463 (permalink)  

And my trash and recycle day is Monday. Talk about regretful hangovers from Sunday back when I was drinking. Hearing that crash clinking when filled with regret on Monday morning.

Della, do tell us about your new addiction to amazon prime!
Old 05-19-2015, 07:11 AM
  # 464 (permalink)  

replacements.com ? yeah, soon I have to get busy with selling stuff
I figure to make a few bucks back from what I spent over the years. But from what I've seen asked for individual pieces, If I sold it that way, it's prolly in the 5K range. Assuming people pay those prices. WOW! But quick and outta here is what is more appealing to me. 100 bucks at least for the big covered casserole...
It looks like I am still Mr Homemaker for another week. She was late getting home - a meeting after work - and demanded make me breakfast. I pushed back until I found out there is another week or RN board prep all week.
Cut up grapefruit, cherries, and veggie omelet.
I already have the pressure washer hooked up and priming. Might as well wash front steps while it is still rainy outside - free rinse!
I saw the street sweeper making a u-turn down the block and I waved him up, moved my car and he made a special pass just for me Now there's a job...
Old 05-19-2015, 07:13 AM
  # 465 (permalink)  
That bell or bike person

I saw the street sweeper making a u-turn down the block and I waved him up, moved my car and he made a special pass just for me Now there's a job...
Nice to be sober so we can do that kinda thing without taking silly risks
Old 05-19-2015, 07:22 AM
  # 466 (permalink)  

Brain, you had me curious about Arabella so I Googled it. Replacements wanted 25.99 for an unopened pack of paper luncheon napkins. Insane. I have a set of Mikasa from my first marriage. Maybe I'll sell it. I don't have the fancy pieces though.

Going to be a long day. I've always wondered about street sweeping. Seems to just push the dirt around.
Old 05-19-2015, 07:34 AM
  # 467 (permalink)  

I use Replacements. I have 3 sets of china I should probably sell I never use them and my kids would probably rather have cash than china and crystal.
Old 05-19-2015, 07:38 AM
  # 468 (permalink)  
That bell or bike person

hmm 2 pairs of boots , a coat for recycle .
then some paperwork stripped to the fundamentals , recycled the rest .

Hmm what can i throw out or recycle next ?

m
Old 05-19-2015, 07:47 AM
  # 469 (permalink)  

I wish I were home weeding through stuff like you are Mec. I've got so much to get rid of.

And holy cow. I bought 8 place settings of dansk sage at an estate sale, paying 90 for it plus 15 for the large platter. I just priced out the individual pieces on eBay. $557 for it. It's in perfect shape except I chipped one dinner plate.

You're right, Della. Tastes change over time. My wedding dishes were bought 27 years ago during my beige period in the late 80s. Don't appeal to me anymore
Old 05-19-2015, 08:43 AM
  # 470 (permalink)  

Good thing about condos is that I can't be a pack rat.

Well, some people do it - but they have reality TV for that.

I live in 550 sq. feet. I often tell people I live in a shoebox. My neighbor calls it rabbit hutch. It keeps me from ordering stuff on Amazon Prime. I almost never spend money on "stuff." Of course, it's back to that lack of job thing, too. When my parents died I had to make some tough choices about sentimental keepsakes. It was tough at the time, but I'm glad I had to make choices in the interest of space.

Bring something in, take something out. I like keeping it simple. I don't have advertisements coming at me anymore, cancelled all sales media coming in except the internet. No newspaper, no network TV, no magazines.

Old 05-19-2015, 08:50 AM
  # 471 (permalink)  

P.S. LB, if you move to Honduras, I'll be visiting you. I love Roatan and Utila.

Whale Sharks!!!!!!!!
Old 05-19-2015, 08:56 AM
  # 472 (permalink)  
saoutchik

LB it was lunchtime here when I read your comment about about thinking and making decisions - it made me spill my soup

I must say I prefer being told what to do, when I was married my wife used to buy all my clothes. I have to try and get one or other of my daughters to make sure I don't buy something disastrous. I'm being nagged at work every 10 minutes do decide about something. It's torture

I Googled Arabella Mikasa too, looks pretty good so it should sell. I misread what you said at first and that you had 2500-3000 pieces. Though LB is a man who likes to entertain!

I have a few Amazon Prime boxes Della. Best thing about it is you get access to the Kindle Library. I tried to sneak it through on my expenses a couple of months ago but my boss caught me. Her Majestys Tax Collectors wouldn't let be claim is as a business expense either
Old 05-19-2015, 09:23 AM
  # 473 (permalink)  

Yeah I use it mostly for the Kindle but with not driving now I order a lot of household items like coffee and stuff. I can usually wait 2 days for things
Old 05-19-2015, 10:39 AM
  # 474 (permalink)  

Saoutchik, you could put your clothes choices up for vote on weekenders. That would get you some input your comment about Brain entertaining made me laugh. I bought all this stuff for the parties I intended to have and now only have kids birthday parties. Doesn't go to waste I guess.

I should take advantage of my Prime membership. I don't use it to full potential.
Old 05-19-2015, 10:49 AM
  # 475 (permalink)  
saoutchik

Ruby, I think you may have just come up with an idea for a reality TV show. Desperate Dad Makeover - you decide.

Bit weird, in a Stephen King kind of way. I'm still at work and what's more i'm the only person in the whole building. Spooky
Old 05-19-2015, 11:13 AM
  # 476 (permalink)  

picked up cement, sealer but forgot sand... maybe can get by without it. The front landing is "settling" AGAIN. The crack is about 2" near the side. Gotta fill and repair. Then seal cement steps etc when it dries. Best toy ever for a man - gas operated pressure washer. I just tucked in the Mrs for her afternoon nap.

Saoutchik - is it spooky because there is only one person in the building or because it's you?

Looks like the sun is starting to win, cement and plant the flowers I picked up on the cheap yesterday. And use up more of this mulch taking up a parking space.
Bim, Roatan is the place. We were there on a cruise and did an excursion to the other side of the island, snorkle/kayak thing. After our adventure was over we decided to stay but needed dinero. So the owner met us back at the ship and waited till we cashed up. Back we went and he let us use all the equipment we wanted for the rest of the day - no charge. Had a driver take us back to the ship just in time for the plank, tip the driver. Great fish tacos too.
She was ready to buy a place there next week. I'd go stir crazy living on an island - WILSON! I like to roam.
Later

Ruby, as I was looking I realized I even have the stupid napkin rings that I saw listed for 12$ cheapest. For 1!

Last edited by LBrain; 05-19-2015 at 11:22 AM. Reason: rings
Old 05-19-2015, 11:39 AM
  # 477 (permalink)  

You could retire on your Mikasa, Brain I think I'd have a hard time living on an island. I'd feel claustrophobic.

Saoutchik, I'd be creeped out in an empty building. Sounds like the start of a Dr. Who episode. Don't let the weeping angels get you.
Old 05-19-2015, 12:59 PM
  # 478 (permalink)  
saoutchik

Home. Paella. TV. Bed
Old 05-19-2015, 02:24 PM
  # 479 (permalink)  

Paella sounds lovely Saoutchik. Sweet dreams.

I'm at my desk and looking through stuff. Almost time to head home. Almost.
Old 05-19-2015, 02:50 PM
  # 480 (permalink)  

Hey gang!!!

Nearly half way through the week!!!

Way hey!