Notices

Stay Sober with us this weekend! May 15th until...

Old 05-18-2015, 09:51 AM
  # 441 (permalink)  

Lilac, how are you doing today? I want bacon too.

Bernie, your weather sounds mighty pleasant. Before mosquito season starts. I hope you are well today.

I'm seeing the "Memorial Day is coming" threads. It's on people's minds. I'm going to my nephew's 10th bday party on Saturday. There might be alcohol but that would be my brother's friends.
Old 05-18-2015, 09:56 AM
  # 442 (permalink)  
saoutchik

Greetings Baconauts.

Stressed today. Still at work

Boss is away this week so I am having to do my work and his + people keep asking me for decisions on things.

Roll on Friday
Attached Images
File Type: jpg
rps20150518_175515.jpg (32.1 KB, 73 views)
Old 05-18-2015, 10:39 AM
  # 443 (permalink)  

Saoutchik wearing two hats this week? I hate when that happens. I laughed at the respect my authoritah!

I was reminded that my son has a med check today at 6 so I'm chauffeuring again today. And bringing little Miss Ruby. I have to prepare for the ordeal. The last time they were both there they started fighting in the waiting area, wrestling on the floor, while I was in the bathroom. A tiny six year old girl and a not much bigger 9 year old boy. I can't wait until they stop the squabbling.
Old 05-18-2015, 11:25 AM
  # 444 (permalink)  
saoutchik

Home!

Good luck this evening Ruby, maybe they will be OK this time. Fingers crossed
Old 05-18-2015, 11:39 AM
  # 445 (permalink)  

I figured the regular Monday crew would be here parking and cleaning out the buses for next weekend.

You know what I love the most about the summer downpours and thunderstorms? It isn't snow. I just scampered to collect misc garden tool and buckets/tubs that could collect water. Put windows up in jeep and general hide from the rain activities.
The good news is MrsLB spent a couple hours helping to weed.
I made a nice teriyaki grilled chicken to top the salad I made for us with asiago cheese shaved on it. I think she thinks that I am going to continue being the only one who makes food around here.
She is good at opening yogurt and mixing it with cheerios...

Ruby, you are a trooper.
Old 05-18-2015, 12:21 PM
  # 446 (permalink)  

Thanks Brain. Trying. Your dinner sounds super. I'm probably going to do something simple. Like fast food.

Saoutchik, I'm envious. I wish I were home.
Old 05-18-2015, 12:34 PM
  # 447 (permalink)  

Ruby, thanks for checking on me. Monday is not going well for me. It's also not awful. I pushed myself out the door this morning for a run/walk...legs felt like lead and kept having to take walk breaks. Did 3 miles. Have been mentally foggy most of the morning. I keep thinking about having a drink (easy to do when one is not working...still looking for work in new state and have a licensing exam coming up in July so studying is my full-time job). Lunch (leftover pork - close enough to bacon on a salad) made me feel better.
Time to hit the books. Glad this thread is still going even though the weekend is over
Old 05-18-2015, 01:14 PM
  # 448 (permalink)  

Slightly late, but I once saw Blueberry Pringles when I was in Thailand.

I did not try them, but my interest was peaked.
Old 05-18-2015, 01:33 PM
  # 449 (permalink)  
A simple guy making his way

Hey everyone! I planned on starting the normal time. First thing Thursday. Guess it will go rather long next weekend. I know with me on vacation next week I will need the added support as I have not had that much time off in warm weather and will need help.

Tuckered out today. TV all night.
Old 05-18-2015, 01:41 PM
  # 450 (permalink)  

Weasel, I have a nice warm cat to sit on your lap while you rest up. She's laying on mine now. Resting before getting kids.

Lilac, I am NOT a morning person at all. I find myself dragging with no energy for an hour or so before things get moving. I find having a strong routine to be the best medicine for that. I understand wanting to drink to make it better but honestly, drinking just made me feel that way all day. Eating helps. Did you learn HALT? Address whether cravings are because you're Hungry Angry Lonely or Tired. Usually mine are caused by one of those and once taken care of, they go away. Hang in there
Old 05-18-2015, 01:52 PM
  # 451 (permalink)  

A week off....oh the possibilities! No, I'm not jealous. Not at all.

Just back from a rare afternoon workout...that's generally an early morning thing. Definitely a different gym crowd now that the colleges are out. I'm am a morning person Ruby and I think it gets on my wife's nerves.

Got kids with me at home as they are basically done with school and summer has begun. How much longer for your flock Ruby?
Old 05-18-2015, 02:10 PM
  # 452 (permalink)  

FaD, my kids have another month of school. June 19th. They aren't happy about it but I am. I'd rather have them in school than in childcare. Yours must be thrilled.

I should have gone to work out. Smart idea. No time now.
Old 05-18-2015, 02:25 PM
  # 453 (permalink)  

They are glad to be out Ruby. I imagine they start back well before yours.....generally the second week of August.

If I had to go to the gym after work, it probably wouldn't happen often. That's where being a morning guy comes in handy.....I know I can do it then if I get up. Evenings are too filled up with family stuff. I know you relate to that.
Old 05-18-2015, 02:55 PM
  # 454 (permalink)  

I just realized memorial day is May 25th this year. Leave it to America...
Long weekend coming up this weekend.
The sun came out - it's humid. I have an in with the gal at the depot in the flower dept.
I got 3 full flats of flaurs for 3 bucks each. Plus two hanging baskets for 3 - they need a little work but they are solid. I'm going to transplant the hanging flaurs into my deck planters. Almost finished with the front. The back is going to be major work. I did not start a veggie garden this year.
Will ease into a small thing but not a lot. I want to transition to a perennial flower garden as I am thinking of unloading this place.
Old 05-18-2015, 04:14 PM
  # 455 (permalink)  

This thread is bumping along.

Lb, if you sell your place, you can come live here in a condo on a kayaking river...there's a lot of fishin' nearby too.

Weasel, time off?! I'm lamenting having to get a job after a few years of time off.
Old 05-18-2015, 04:21 PM
  # 456 (permalink)  

Well Bim, do you have room for both of us? My job search is focused in the pac northwest. Current job app in the smokestack of ID.
But looking more toward the west. I'd polish doorknobs at Grand Coulee if it was a full time permanent position. I prolly shouldn't have waited so long to start looking.
Old 05-18-2015, 08:15 PM
  # 457 (permalink)  

Hold on, cowboy.

I don't want you living in the same unit! NO. I've lived alone for 25 years. I like it like that. There are 44 other ones here - not to mention lots of other condos nearby. I'd like to have you and the missus as neighbors. Or, you know, in the same county. We have a lot of world-class hospitals here, too. (Your wife is a nurse, right?)

I'm not in Idaho...more expensive here, I'll bet. I live near a big city in Western WA.

And I waited too long to look for work, too. It is what it is, though.
Old 05-18-2015, 08:25 PM
  # 458 (permalink)  

I think the Western side of the US is going to slide off into the pacific because of all the people. I know more people who have relocated. Probably because it's beautiful and temperate.

Time for bed. And this is an upcoming 3 day weekend. Yay!!! Kids start school the day after labor day. There was a one time experiment starting in August. Once. Too many parents weren't getting their kids to school until after labor day.

See you all in the a.m. I'll be around here tomorrow.
Old 05-18-2015, 11:28 PM
  # 459 (permalink)  
saoutchik

Tuesday

Well at least it's a nice morning. Rubbish collection day today which is much better without a hundredweight of empty booze bottles.

I've lived on my own for 6 years, while it has its advantages I don't recommend it. I'd prefer a woman to do my thinking for me.

The Pacific North West looks like an attractive part of the world LB.
Old 05-19-2015, 03:11 AM
  # 460 (permalink)  

It's my trash day too...this is when I run around like a maniac trying to throw everything away in time . It's like I am afraid they are never going to come again.

It's also recycling day. While there are no bottles to be embarrassed of I do have a plethora of Amazon Prime boxes.