SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information

SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/)
-   Newcomers to Recovery (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/newcomers-recovery/)
-   -   Stay Sober with us this weekend! May 15th until... (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/newcomers-recovery/367159-stay-sober-us-weekend-may-15th-until.html)

Weasel1966 05-16-2015 07:04 AM

Morning sober team.... still morning here.

Got the gym in. Am back to running. Seems I cannot avoid it. :)

Got my Tommy time in and several cups of coffee. Yikes. I will be peeing and shaking all morning. :( (not far from my old self but all different reasons.)

Feel good and fresh. Heading back to town for the kites, lunch and walking around people watching.

Stay strong newbies!!!

See you in a few. I think I might actually spend the later afternoon resting and watching a movie. Want to slow cook a brisket. We shall see if the mood sticks.

Sober is as sober does!!!

Ruby2 05-16-2015 07:11 AM

Weas, how is Tommy doing? Sounds like a good day so far. Enjoy the kites!

Keep strong everyone! The momentary relief that drinking brings to a tough situation is just that. Momentary. Not worth it.

bigsombrero 05-16-2015 07:19 AM

Cool pic Saotchik! Looks absolutely serene, you can really feel the atmosphere. I am actually watching "Soccer Saturday" with Jeff Stelling and his crew right now. I enjoy the pace of the show and the continuous updates. A player for Southampton scored a hat trick in 3 minutes against Aston Villa! Crazy.

Beautiful morning here. The ex-girlfriend called last night, she's going to be in town today looking for apartments in my city. She asked if she could come over and see my rooftop garden. At the time it seemed like an OK idea...but now I'm regretting the plan. I know I've made her sound like a clingy witch, but she's really not. She was always super supportive of my sobriety, travel, etc. But I don't love her, and I think that this "visit" is a way for her to find her way back into my regular rotation. I spent all week last week up alone on the lake, so I suppose part of me thought some human interaction would be good for me. But I could have found it somewhere else, maybe letting my ex come over wasn't the wisest choice. I'm ticked off that this is troubling me on this gorgeous morning!

CaseyW 05-16-2015 07:21 AM

Haven't really been participating in this thread but have definitely been reading it in every couple of hours. All good here so far. Starting day nine, on my way to work now. Best to all!

P.S. Corn does not belong in ice cream.

gettingsmarter 05-16-2015 08:18 AM

Brynn we are going to the wildflower now! Yay! I'll let you know.

lilac0721 05-16-2015 08:20 AM

Hey, weekenders. I am having a tough time staying sober for more than a couple of days. I caved to the voice that told me to drink yesterday. Don't feel horrible, but also don't feel great this morning.
Can I come to this thread today if I am tempted to go to the liquor store?

ArtFriend 05-16-2015 08:20 AM

It is not too bad today. The rains come tonight and tomorrow. Have fun at Wildflower!

ArtFriend 05-16-2015 08:21 AM

Originally Posted by lilac0721 (Post 5374275)
Hey, weekenders. I am having a tough time staying sober for more than a couple of days. I caved to the voice that told me to drink yesterday. Don't feel horrible, but also don't feel great this morning.
Can I come to this thread today if I am tempted to go to the liquor store?

NO! Only sober people allowed (kidding)

Of course... you can post anywhere you want! Stay strong!

mecanix 05-16-2015 08:22 AM

Stay strong BigS ,
Can you meet her somewhere less intimate than your roof garden ? take some photo's to show her ..

I think that's being friendly without showing too much interest and keeping yourself some space ..

Take care , m

mecanix 05-16-2015 08:31 AM

Hi Lilac ,
of course you're welcome on the bus , all we got to do is try and get through till monday .
If you fail again you're always welcome back , every morning is a new day and we get to try again :)
We can start our day over anytime we like .. so you can get back on the bus anytime ..

Glad to have you here , m

SoberHoopsFan 05-16-2015 08:51 AM

Got in a good workout this morning, about to do brunch with my gf. Committed to not drinking this weekend (and many more to come). It's a beautiful day, it always is when you wake up not hungover

brynn 05-16-2015 08:57 AM

Hi lilac! :) Hang out here....we're all in this together!

Have fun at Wildflower, GS! Can't wait too hear all about it!

Y'all, I woke up this morning grateful that I WANT to be sober....that I ENJOY sobriety! I'm actually fighting tears right now because I remember a time not long ago that I wanted to quit drinking....hated drinking, hated myself, hated the world....but didn't know HOW to quit and was terrified of quitting even if I knew how! I couldn't imagine ever loving myself or life again, but it happened and I will never go back to that old life!
Xoxo

biminiblue 05-16-2015 08:59 AM

Brynn, you are a rock star.

Really. Thanks for that. I get so sad reading all the, "I can't," threads.

Yes, you can. Look at brynn :)

Conquest 05-16-2015 09:17 AM

Hey bus riders! I slept in (monumental for me) and have been cleaning since my coffee jitters kicked in. Now I've gotta shiny myself up and head out to a friend's book signing. How cool is that?! I feel like I should put on a scarf and low brim hat... However it's 80's and quite humid here in Texas so it's sandals and sunglasses instead. My favorites!

Hi BigS, I like Mr. Mecanix's idea of meeting somewhere less intimate. If that's not a possibility... I'm wondering if you could let her know you've got concrete plans shortly after to help keep the visit cordial, but brief. Exes...bleh

I just gotta do it...
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=Jk7uXaNuWNE

Stay strong, friends! Sobriety is so worth it. :)

biminiblue 05-16-2015 09:25 AM

BigS, this is why I don't stay friends with exes.

Well, that and the 14,678 other reasons. But then when I break up with someone it's because they really screwed it up. I know your ex just wasn't the one. Good luck on keeping it short, sweet, and drama-free. :)

gettingsmarter 05-16-2015 09:33 AM

Originally Posted by Conquest (Post 5374333)
Hey bus riders! I slept in (monumental for me) and have been cleaning since my coffee jitters kicked in. Now I've gotta shiny myself up and head out to a friend's book signing. How cool is that?! I feel like I should put on a scarf and low brim hat... However it's 80's and quite humid here in Texas so it's sandals and sunglasses instead. My favorites!

Hi BigS, I like Mr. Mecanix's idea of meeting somewhere less intimate. If that's not a possibility... I'm wondering if you could let her know you've got concrete plans shortly after to help keep the visit cordial, but brief. Exes...bleh

I just gotta do it...
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=Jk7uXaNuWNE

Stay strong, friends! Sobriety is so worth it. :)

Conquest nice to hear you live in the same giant state!

lilac0721 05-16-2015 09:35 AM

Originally Posted by mecanix (Post 5374289)
Hi Lilac ,
of course you're welcome on the bus , all we got to do is try and get through till monday .
If you fail again you're always welcome back , every morning is a new day and we get to try again :)
We can start our day over anytime we like .. so you can get back on the bus anytime ..

Glad to have you here , m

Thanks! This is the same thing I would say to anyone else who was struggling. Why do I forget to show myself the same encouragement? :thanks

newpage119 05-16-2015 09:56 AM

Happy Sober Saturday everyone!

Just back from great yoga class.....
Got an email from sister on vacation.
9:30 in the morning and she and hubby had to chug their beers to board connecting flight....UGH, not envious of that at all! :a136:

saoutchik 05-16-2015 10:41 AM

Way to go lilac0721

Careful BigSomb "he'll hath no fury..."

Wished my ex lived in Texas sometimes tee hee

Jeff Stelling - Hartlepool legend. My favourite quote of his is "they'll be dancing in the streets of Total Network Solutions tonight"

It would take too long to explain why

A kite festival sounds fun - must take up a lot of space.

I was tailgated for about 5 miles on the M11 motorway this afternoon buy an idiot. It's a dumb thing to do at any time but said motorway was congested so he only stood to gain about 50 metres. In the end I found a gap to pull over & let him pass, he then did the same thing to the next person. ***hole

ArtFriend 05-16-2015 10:48 AM

Sounds like drivers in Texas! And we have 4-5 lane expressways! Always some schmuck who gets up on your rear.