Notices

29 days stronger

Old 05-12-2015, 09:01 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

29 days stronger

Today was the hottest day of the year in NYC so far and I LOVE Summer to the point that I plan to ultimately live in Southern California  So I took advantage of the weather and went for a walk, saw the Avengers movie, and jogged a bit. There was this great moment today where I stopped and looked at the sky and realized I feel SAFE and okay right now after a long time. I did my prayers, I studied last night, and I am SOBER. I might not know what is coming in the next few months. But I know as long as I stay sober the other areas in my life will SLOWLY come together. I won’t say there hasn’t been insomnia, cravings, weird dreams, anxiety BUT this time around I know that is all part of the process and I won’t let those take power over me. Sometimes we do need to do trial and error until we finally realize what it is that we need to do.
Goals: One of my most important goals this year is to become more self-sufficient. It will allow me to move from my hometown & decrease the chances for me to run into old associations. However, I won’t rush this. Moving would be a HUGE change that I want to slowly progress towards. Right now staying SOBER, taking a summer class, and maintaining savings to move somewhere I actually like will be my priority. I have to keep praying and remember anything WORTH IT in life will require hard work and patience. I want this. I hope in a couple of months I can write a post where I say I am FINALLY moving!

Old 05-12-2015, 09:11 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
pray for strength

Nice job skywalker. Will you be finished with school after this summer? Southern California is truly beautiful and fun to explore. It is great to read that you are embracing the process of recovery. There is so much to see when our eyes and minds are open to it. Don't you think?

Old 05-12-2015, 09:14 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Excellent post Skywalker. Wishing you all the best!
Old 05-13-2015, 10:30 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Great post Skywalker!!
Old 05-13-2015, 03:07 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  
Administrator

29 is great - Keep 'em coming

D
Old 05-13-2015, 08:15 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Thanks!!