Notices

14 days.

Old 05-12-2015, 08:27 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

14 days.

Vodka is my choice. Straight up, no chaser. Nothing. I was the "happy" drunk I'm always friendly. I woke up with a ****** hangover April 28th 2015, I said to myself **** this, and haven't went back to the liquor store yet. I was drinking every single day, 2 pints of vodka almost 3. Now Im not sure about everyone else, but when you drink a full pint of 100 proof vodka by 1:00pm, that's a ****** issue. One pint didn't phase me that first pint is what made me feel "normal" again. I can tell you that the first 5 days we actually easy this 2nd week has been hell. I have a very serious appetite I'm very irritable, and I've had to walk away from a couple situations. Those two situations I walked away with anger I've never felt before. Anyways, I've stayed busy and that helps. If I find myself craving it I instantly get up and do something to keep my mind off it. Any tips would be great, and anyone who has questios for me don't hesit to ask. Thanks to everyone who read this.

Erik.

Last edited by Ragingchicken; 05-12-2015 at 08:28 PM. Reason: Spelling error!
Old 05-12-2015, 08:28 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Day 14 for me as well Erik. Well done!
Old 05-12-2015, 08:31 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by LiberatedStorm View Post
Day 14 for me as well Erik. Well done!
Awesome. Let's keep it going.
Old 05-12-2015, 08:36 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Good job at 14 days! That's great! Getting up and moving around and distracting myself were huge things early on. That part gets better as time goes on.

Emotions tend to be all over the place. Be careful with the anger part. I substituted anger for drinking and I'm still working on that bit.

Hunger. I drank my calories so I ate a lot early on. Put on some weight I needed and then a bit more.

One thing that I find helpful if I'm feeling cravings is to remember H.A.L.T. - hungry, angry, lonely, tired. If I'm feeling cravings to drink I ask myself if I'm feeling any of those four. If I take care of one of those, I usually feel much better.

Welcome to SR! Support is one of the important things too.
Old 05-12-2015, 08:43 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Ruby2 View Post
Good job at 14 days! That's great! Getting up and moving around and distracting myself were huge things early on. That part gets better as time goes on.

Emotions tend to be all over the place. Be careful with the anger part. I substituted anger for drinking and I'm still working on that bit.

Hunger. I drank my calories so I ate a lot early on. Put on some weight I needed and then a bit more.

One thing that I find helpful if I'm feeling cravings is to remember H.A.L.T. - hungry, angry, lonely, tired. If I'm feeling cravings to drink I ask myself if I'm feeling any of those four. If I take care of one of those, I usually feel much better.

Welcome to SR! Support is one of the important things too.
Huh, I like that. Thank you. The hunger part gets me I was 145 soaking wet with work boots on. I've gained 10 pounds so far, I eat when I'm not even hungry. I'm actually eating now lol.
Old 05-12-2015, 08:45 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  
pray for strength

Welcome to the forum, Erik! Fantastic job with 14 days. HALT was essential for me as well. I would suggest continuing to guard your sober days and sobriety by limiting exposure to alcoholic situations. Just makes life better for you. Do you have any support in real life right now? Ragingchicken?

Old 05-12-2015, 08:52 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Verte View Post
Welcome to the forum, Erik! Fantastic job with 14 days. HALT was essential for me as well. I would suggest continuing to guard your sober days and sobriety by limiting exposure to alcoholic situations. Just makes life better for you. Do you have any support in real life right now? Ragingchicken?

I do actually. To be honest when I'm around friends and family that are drinking it doesn't bother me one bit. Me deciding to stop drinking was because I decided to, I'm not in any kind of trouble or causing problems with friends or family. I recognized that this has become an issue because I find myself craving it. My father is a big time drinker he's had three heart attacks, and still to this day continues to drink and smoke cigarettes. Blows my mind how he still does this. He is for sure on borrowed time.
Old 05-13-2015, 10:27 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Welcome to the Forum Erik!! 14 Days is fantastic!!
Old 05-13-2015, 02:51 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  
Administrator

Congrats on 14 days ragingchicken
I hope the rage/anger issues will subside soon.

welcome
Old 05-13-2015, 03:06 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  

Ragingchicken...what a great name. Wish I thought of it. 14 days is a darn good start. The appetite thing was big for me (in a good way). Wishing you the best.
Old 05-15-2015, 04:40 PM
  # 11 (permalink)  

Thanks everyone I still haven't drank anything but water. I've never really been angry, just a little snappy I guess. Oh and the hunger is still there!
Old 05-15-2015, 04:42 PM
  # 12 (permalink)  
Do your best

Congrats
Old 05-20-2015, 04:51 PM
  # 13 (permalink)  

Day 22.
Old 05-20-2015, 05:25 PM
  # 14 (permalink)  
Re-Member

Congrats on 22 days!
Old 05-20-2015, 05:31 PM
  # 15 (permalink)  
bona fido dog-lover

Congrats on 22 days sober!
Old 05-20-2015, 07:00 PM
  # 16 (permalink)  

22 days is wonderful! Are your emotions settling down any? I'm normally pretty even tempered but also got a little snippy the first few weeks. That has faded away at this point.
Old 05-20-2015, 07:06 PM
  # 17 (permalink)  
Community Greeter

Great job, Raging!
Old 05-20-2015, 07:08 PM
  # 18 (permalink)  

Great job, ragingchicken; keep on.
Old 05-20-2015, 08:30 PM
  # 19 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by FLCamper View Post
22 days is wonderful! Are your emotions settling down any? I'm normally pretty even tempered but also got a little snippy the first few weeks. That has faded away at this point.
Yeah it's gone, and my appetite is back to normal. Cravings are still there but not as bad.
Old 07-07-2015, 07:10 PM
  # 20 (permalink)  

Day 70. Strange craving today, so I came back here to remind myself to keep goin.