Notices

SoberRunner's Accountability Thread

Old 04-19-2016, 10:01 PM
  # 81 (permalink)  

Hi Sober Runner,

Like Dee, I hope you continue to read and post. The posts on SR have been a if part of me remaining sober this time (110 days today, and plan on watching that number continue to get higher).

You don't need to start a thread, but you can join the April class and just post in more of a conversation mode, you can also reply to posts of others on here.

❤️ Delilah
Old 04-25-2016, 06:47 AM
  # 82 (permalink)  
30 Days & Under Club

Originally Posted by Delilah1 View Post
Hi Sober Runner,

Like Dee, I hope you continue to read and post. The posts on SR have been a if part of me remaining sober this time (110 days today, and plan on watching that number continue to get higher).

You don't need to start a thread, but you can join the April class and just post in more of a conversation mode, you can also reply to posts of others on here.

❤️ Delilah
Hi. Ok, I'll try the April thread. I don't see how that'll help but I'll try...

I'm not used to logging in and posting on forums; I don't even have social media accounts to post on so I tend to forget about posting, but I'll make myself post twice a day for a week--I'll set reminders on my phone--then I'll see if anything changes. If I make it to Day 7, we'll know it works! Thank you.
Old 04-25-2016, 07:15 AM
  # 83 (permalink)  

I was stuck in a cycle of making it to day 2 .. drinking .. sometimes making it to day 4 then drinking.. I once made it to the morning of day 9 then drank ..

Today I've finally made it back to day 9 but am feeling much stronger than my previous day 9 ..

The cycle can be broken .. just have to want it badly enough.. now that I have broken the cycle I have to maintain the momentum.

My point is don't be down on yourself, get motivated.
Old 04-25-2016, 07:18 AM
  # 84 (permalink)  

Also SoberRunner,

I have been reading SR a lot. I read it when I'm feeling down.. I read it before I go to sleep and I read it when I wake up. It helps to keep me motivated and keeps it fresh in my mind that drinking never solved any of my problems, only created them.
Old 04-25-2016, 09:19 AM
  # 85 (permalink)  
Do your best

Good stuff SoberRunner regular interaction will really help

http://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/...ery-plans.html
Old 06-04-2017, 04:32 AM
  # 86 (permalink)  
30 Days & Under Club

Over a year later, it's time to revive this thread...

Day 2.
Last night was hard, and Day 1 is never hard for me. Dee talked me of the ledge of sabotaging myself (Thanks Dee!!) and I spent the night reading the neurobiology of alcohol and how it affects our thoughts and feelings.

So, I will no longer trust my thoughts and feelings about drinking and I'm cleaning up my eating too (e.g. no sugar, no fried food, etc). I've already gotten back on track with my daily running/workouts and signed up for a Sunrise Run this Wed for #GlobalRunningDay; in addition to that, I've decided to add a morning and evening routine of prayer/meditation and journaling.

I need to take new life changes in small doses so I'm just going to focus on making it to Day 7--accomplishing everything, including staying sober--and seeing how I feel. Happy Sunday SR!
Old 06-04-2017, 04:45 AM
  # 87 (permalink)  
Administrator

best wishes

D
Old 06-04-2017, 07:48 AM
  # 88 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by SoberRunner View Post
Over a year later, it's time to revive this thread...

Day 2.
Last night was hard, and Day 1 is never hard for me. Dee talked me of the ledge of sabotaging myself (Thanks Dee!!) and I spent the night reading the neurobiology of alcohol and how it affects our thoughts and feelings.

So, I will no longer trust my thoughts and feelings about drinking and I'm cleaning up my eating too (e.g. no sugar, no fried food, etc). I've already gotten back on track with my daily running/workouts and signed up for a Sunrise Run this Wed for #GlobalRunningDay; in addition to that, I've decided to add a morning and evening routine of prayer/meditation and journaling.

I need to take new life changes in small doses so I'm just going to focus on making it to Day 7--accomplishing everything, including staying sober--and seeing how I feel. Happy Sunday SR!
Years ago, I put a lot of pressure on myself to get EVERYTHING accomplished. I saw holes in my life that needed attention immediately and it could not wait to be fixed. It was imperative that I address ALL of everything that I perceived to be wrong. Exercising, work, friendships, home, finances, food etc.

My friend said something last weekend that really rings true for me. Our life and life's problems generally work themselves out. The main thing that is important is what we do with our time and how we choose to focus.

Her reference was really pertaining to her son and how he is fixated on his mental health. She believes that if he were to stop focusing so hard on his "mental health" and do the next best thing, he would start to feel some lightness in his existence. I can agree with this.

As long as I do not drink today and I focus on what is in front of me, I will make it to tomorrow. I also structure my time in a way where alcohol is not a part of the equation. The first few weeks were a bit rough for me, as I really did myself in emotionally and mentally from alcohol abuse.

It sounds to me like you are on the right track. I commend you for creating a plan and making it happen.
Old 06-04-2017, 11:12 AM
  # 89 (permalink)  
30 Days & Under Club

Originally Posted by Mizzuno View Post

As long as I do not drink today and I focus on what is in front of me, I will make it to tomorrow. I also structure my time in a way where alcohol is not a part of the equation. The first few weeks were a bit rough for me, as I really did myself in emotionally and mentally from alcohol abuse.

It sounds to me like you are on the right track. I commend you for creating a plan and making it happen.
Thank you! I've learned when I don't eat sugar (or fried foods), I tend to get in my 8 cups of water/day which leads to my not having a desire to drink.

But, the real test will be Day 4--that's when all of my energy comes back so I will have to keep myself busy, because I don't work during the summer and am usually finished with working out and errands around 10am. That said, I'll just focus on today.
Old 02-26-2018, 07:10 PM
  # 90 (permalink)  
30 Days & Under Club

Birthday

Hello All. I'm back... Tomorrow is my birthday and I want to start my new birth year being completely sober.

I just wanted to post here b/c I've been thinking about you guys and I'm hoping to get / hear words of encouragement, as I'm having a hard time giving up that last day of drinking (aka drink on Friday then remain sober for the rest of the week; it tends to lead to me drinking too much on Friday and undoing all the work I did the previous week).
Old 02-27-2018, 02:15 AM
  # 91 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by SoberRunner View Post
Hello All. I'm back... Tomorrow is my birthday and I want to start my new birth year being completely sober.

I just wanted to post here b/c I've been thinking about you guys and I'm hoping to get / hear words of encouragement, as I'm having a hard time giving up that last day of drinking (aka drink on Friday then remain sober for the rest of the week; it tends to lead to me drinking too much on Friday and undoing all the work I did the previous week).
Hi Sober runner

If I don't post again a big happy birthday for tomorrow🎉

Taking you back to your first post. The fact that you feel worse when you stop drinking than when you do speaks volumes.
Are there any addictions that when given up leave you feeling better immediately? What's more if you were not addicted you would feel no different with or without alcohol.

You are posting for encouragement however the fact is that you are the person in charge you are in.the driving seat.
As Morfius said in the matrix here is the point where you have to make a decision!

Choice 1 to cary on playing on this roundabout as you have for years.

Choice 2 to dedicate yourself to doing something different with your life and see where it takes you!

I wish you good luck on your journey, Dusty😎
Old 02-27-2018, 02:40 AM
  # 92 (permalink)  
Administrator

My old Nana used to say start as you mean to go on.

Staying sober for your birthday would be a great gift to yourself - staying sober from then on would be a wonderful investment in yourself soberrunner
Welcome back

D
Old 02-27-2018, 03:01 AM
  # 93 (permalink)  

Welcome back runner🙂
Old 02-27-2018, 03:09 AM
  # 94 (permalink)  

Welcome back and Happy Birthday 🎂
Old 02-27-2018, 04:15 AM
  # 95 (permalink)  
30 Days & Under Club

Thank you everyone! And yes, that's what I meant--staying completely sober from today on.
Old 02-27-2018, 04:21 AM
  # 96 (permalink)  
Rar

Welcome back Runner! Glad you're here. Happy Birthday. You're giving yourself a wonderful present.