SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information

SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/)
-   Newcomers to Recovery (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/newcomers-recovery/)
-   -   Hi there day 121 (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/newcomers-recovery/366849-hi-there-day-121-a.html)

sva777 05-10-2015 12:41 PM

Hi there day 121

Hi, everyone I just made it to day 121 or 4 months. I know I don't post all that much but I try to when I have time. A lot of times someone has already written a post or response which I identify with and usually it is better written than I would anyway . I do read the forum here every day before work and after.

Here is how things have gone for me:

My cravings are mild but still there, nothing too bothersome
My anxiety levels have never been this low in maybe 15 - 20 years.
My BP is almost normal but still a little elevated.
My mood is much better and I feel happier.
My heartburn which was a constant is almost no existent.
I sweat way less.
My concentration is better.
I have fixed many problems around the house now that I am not hung over all the time.
I sleep through the night almost every night.
I have not lost weight yet, actually gained some so my next step would be an exercise routine.

When I do get cravings I read back what I wrote while going through my first few weeks of hell back in January. I know some people have a hard time coming to terms with letting alcohol go for ever but I am glad to see it in the review mirror. It made me sick, lazy, irritable, unreliable, selfish and gross. I don't know why it took me so long to finally realize that but I am glad I did. I don't see any pleasure in making myself any of those anymore ever!

least 05-10-2015 12:56 PM

Congrats on four months sober! :scoregood

On The Road 05-10-2015 12:57 PM

Congrats SVA. I'm only a couple weeks ahead of you and am feeling great, especially as compared to the sh*tstorm I was dealing with over the holidays.

Part of my plan has been exercise. It's really helped dampen down my anxiety. Plus I'm sleeping better than ever, and dropped a few pounds, too.

Keep at it, my friend.

sva777 05-10-2015 12:59 PM

Originally Posted by On The Road (Post 5364241)
Congrats SVA. I'm only a couple weeks ahead of you and am feeling great, especially as compared to the sh*tstorm I was dealing with over the holidays.

Part of my plan has been exercise. It's really helped dampen down my anxiety. Plus I'm sleeping better than ever, and dropped a few pounds, too.

Keep at it, my friend.

My anxiety has gotten better with the stopping of the drinking. I need to get a plan for daily exercise like you though. I do get some during the day because my job is physical but I need something more.

Cissy 05-10-2015 01:00 PM

So happy for you, sva! Thanks for letting us know how you are doing. I'm sure it will help lots of people who are in the beginning stages, like myself. ((Hugs)) Don't be a stranger!

Soberwolf 05-10-2015 01:21 PM

4 months sober is amazing

SoberLeigh 05-10-2015 01:23 PM

Congratulations, sva; great to hear that you are doing so well!!!!

PurpleKnight 05-10-2015 03:05 PM

4 Months is fantastic!! :You_Rock_

Dee74 05-10-2015 03:57 PM

way to go sva - congrats! :)

D