Notices

Day half over and gritting my teeth

Old 08-24-2004, 06:06 AM
  # 21 (permalink)  
knucklehead

Good morning still me, it is a new day. Stay strong and please keep us posted.
Old 08-24-2004, 08:56 AM
  # 22 (permalink)  

Still Me
Good Morning!
Hope you got some sleep.
Old 08-24-2004, 09:01 AM
  # 23 (permalink)  

Good Morning kckman and EVERYONE!! I made it, I made it, I made it!!! One entire day and night with NO alcohol or drugs!! It's just about 9am and I just got up too! It was a fitful sleep but I still slept in very late. My body feels like it went 10 rounds last night. I think fighting those cravings last night just put it thru the ringer. My mind though is thrilled! I can't believe I made it through yesterday! Today is a new day and for right now my head is being pretty quite and I am grateful for that. I don't know what today will bring but I'm pretty happy right now so i'm going to try to not look ahead much into the day. Kind of like driving in thick fog. I start to freak out if I look any further than the front of the car so today I'm going to try to not look further than NOW. THANK YOU so much for everyone who listened and let me ramble on last night. I would have never had made it without being here that's for sure! THANK YOU!!

kckman I looked at rational recovery last night for a bit and plan on checking it out more. Like you said.....i'll take a piece of this that and everything, whatever it takes.
Old 08-24-2004, 09:22 AM
  # 24 (permalink)  

Good Morning KelKel!
fitful sleep but still sleep. Morning's here and everything is still good Thanks for being here!
Old 08-24-2004, 09:26 AM
  # 25 (permalink)  
Administrator

Hi Still me,

Another beautiful day for you today! I'm glad you made it through last night and I'm sure you'll make it today too.

Love, Anna
Old 08-24-2004, 09:27 AM
  # 26 (permalink)  
Dan

Originally Posted by still_me
kckman I looked at rational recovery last night for a bit and plan on checking it out more. Like you said.....i'll take a piece of this that and everything, whatever it takes.
With an attitude like that, you are sure to succeed. The more I stay sober and learn about recovery methods and programs, the more I realize that I can use and adapt a lot of different things for me. It's my recovery and my life after all!
So glad you're on your way
Old 08-24-2004, 11:13 AM
  # 27 (permalink)  
In Memory Of

Stillme - So happy for you !
Old 08-24-2004, 11:28 AM
  # 28 (permalink)  
We all need each other.

Red face

Way to go, Still Me!!! Now, as long as you don't use, you don't have to go through day one ever again. If you do, we will be here to help you through it again!!!

Hugs--
Old 08-24-2004, 03:04 PM
  # 29 (permalink)  

well 3pm and still clean and sober. Kind of in a dangerous place right now I think. My head was definately playing with me and the scary part was I wasn't all frantic NOT to drink! My head kept saying "you don't do that much" and stuff. I in fact told myself to come read the boards AND THEN I could have a drink if I was still wanting it. I came on here and there was a PM from someone and it was just what I needed for now. It isn't what was said so much but the fact that it was directed to ME. For whatever reason that made a difference and helped me get a little further in the day still sober. So now at least i'm further away from feeling like "go ahead and drink" and back to frantic not too. This is a vicious cycle that goes on. At least I made the deal with myself to come here BEFORE I drank anything and glad I did cause I have a little more strength for now.
Old 08-24-2004, 03:28 PM
  # 30 (permalink)  

My teen children see me drink but I hide this website from them.
Hi still_me!! I'm so happy for your sobriety!! I almost cried when I read your morning post that you had made it through the night. I just wanted to say that I'm 22, my mom is an alcoholic and ....well I can't speak for you kids but every time my mom calls me needing a ride to AA or just to talk a bit I do the *happy dance* Do what makes you comfortable for now....but I can tell you from experience that recovery is not anything that you should have to hid from anyone. You should be shouting it from the rooftops!

*scales rooftop*

"CONGRATULATIONS TO STILL-ME ON HER ONGOING QUEST FOR RECOVERY WWOOOOHOOOO"
Old 08-24-2004, 03:56 PM
  # 31 (permalink)  

sweeks thank you so much for what you wrote. You brought tears to my eyes. My children mean the world to me and I can make it a little bit further now!! It's about 4 now and I'm still here and sober. I can't Thank you enough for taking the time to tell me what I needed to hear.
Old 08-24-2004, 04:02 PM
  # 32 (permalink)  
~Author of My Life~

(((((((((((((((((still me)))))))))))))))))))

You're doing great! Hang in there! I had to cling to the fact in the beginning that it was what I was DOING, not FEELING that COUNTED THE MOST. The good feelings come as a matter of course when we do the right things..staying sober.(((((((((((((Huge Hugs))))))))))))))))

This sticker makes me laugh....but I found it so true, especially the earliest days of getting sober.
Attached Images
File Type: gif
b5434_125.gif (2.2 KB, 37 views)
Old 08-24-2004, 06:01 PM
  # 33 (permalink)  
We all need each other.

Red face

Hey still_me--you still with us? I truly admire your courage. What a wonderful thing that you came to this site BEFORE you took a drink. Keep hanging on!!

Hugs to you--
Old 08-24-2004, 07:14 PM
  # 34 (permalink)  
Castaway

Hi Stillme,
You can do it.
Old 08-24-2004, 07:31 PM
  # 35 (permalink)  

Thanks everyone! Yes I'm still here and still clean and sober. I just went to the meeting here and was so anxious even though it was an online meeting! That meeting kept me sober for another hour though
Old 08-24-2004, 07:36 PM
  # 36 (permalink)  
Paused

Day 2 is just around the corner. Hang on.....you can do it.
Old 08-25-2004, 05:45 AM
  # 37 (permalink)  
knucklehead

Morning stillme, you have got the strength today.
Old 08-25-2004, 06:49 AM
  # 38 (permalink)  

sweeks thank you so much for what you wrote. You brought tears to my eyes. My children mean the world to me and I can make it a little bit further now!! It's about 4 now and I'm still here and sober. I can't Thank you enough for taking the time to tell me what I needed to hear.
Your post brought tears to my eyes.....I don't think I've had so many tears of joy (for lack of a less cheesey way to say it ) in my whole life as I have had in the last two weeks since I found this forum. Best Wishes you doing great!