SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information

SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/)
-   Newcomers to Recovery (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/newcomers-recovery/)
-   -   i replaced (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/newcomers-recovery/366665-i-replaced.html)

ulfr 05-08-2015 02:22 AM

i replaced

:crypig:c020::dunce:

Am back at the start again self injured AM NOT GOING TO DRINK
i hate myself

YIP start all over again was 2 months and a bit clean

JaneLane 05-08-2015 02:39 AM

Hi Scarlett,

Do you know what happened that caused you to relapse? You had two months and as long as you learned something from it, you're not back to squre one as you have more knowledge than you did before :-)

ulfr 05-08-2015 02:48 AM

Money worries because of the uk election
So scared that because the Conservative Government will make things harder for disabled people am disabled myself because of my mental health there cutting benefits and reducing what money we will be getting
my husband cant work as he is my full time carer because my mental health is that bad that i cant be by myself for long periods of time as am a danger to myself and others
I thought it meant we would have to give up our cats my husband said we will not be doing that as the cats dont cost too much
I know it sound like a childish things to cut over its just that i am think worse case scenario because of my OCD and the fact that i worry about small things

JaneLane 05-08-2015 02:53 AM

Originally Posted by ScarletWitch (Post 5360048)
Money worries because of the uk election
So scared that because the Conservative Government will make things harder for disabled people am disabled myself because of my mental health there cutting benefits and reducing what money we will be getting
my husband cant work as he is my full time carer because my mental health is that bad that i cant be by myself for long periods of time as am a danger to myself and others
I thought it meant we would have to give up our cats my husband said we will not be doing that as the cats dont cost too much
I know it sound like a childish things to cut over its just that i am think worse case scenario because of my OCD and the fact that i worry about small things

They're not childish things at all. With the election, we don't know what's going to happen yet. I know there's a program on TV now till this afternoon all about the election and I don't think that will help with anyone's stress levels!

Nothing is changing immediately and protecting your sobriety is the most important thing as it effects all areas of your life. Can you talk to someone about your stressors? Maybe a therapist or something? I find just getting it out verbally helps a lot.

Oclaf 05-08-2015 03:26 AM

Myself included in depression. Since getting sober I am not medicating that problem. I worked steps and went to meetings everyday but it still got worse. Eventually I decided to go back on my anti depressant and anxiety medication. It took awhile weeding through what worked for me and what didn't. Eventually I found that right combination and I live a life I always dreamed of. I never self-harmed but I have had suicide attempts. Things become huge ordeals without my medication. I don't suffer from depression or anxiety, I don't obsess over drugs because my rumination has stopped. I went back to my medication at 6 months when I knew something was wrong. Human beings weren't designed to be social in high dense cities when we evolved in highly social small tribes. I would definitely talk to a professional if this might be the right road for you. There's no one size fits all to soberity.

Gottalife 05-08-2015 03:31 AM

I drank because I am an alcoholic and I couldn't not drink. I could have come up with a few reasons or excuses, I seem to remeber cooking up stories around my family shifting around the world, started in Scotland, finished in New Zealand as the cause of my problems. But really it was just alcoholism.

I think you have a real problem if a change of government is required in order for you to recover. thats a pretty big ask. When Tony and Gordon were running the show, were you free of these problems? Did you drink when you were ok for money?

I found in the end that my inability to stop had nothing to do with outside events. It was an inside job and it only began to improve when I took action in the way of asking for help and following suggestions.

Dee74 05-08-2015 03:51 AM

I'm sorry you self harmed ScarletWitch.

I understand very well the fear that an incoming government might make a bad situation worse for people with disabilities, and on the poverty line.

I hope you keep looking for alternative ways to deal with your worries tho.
Build on those two months - talk to counsellers, community murses docxtors - anyone who can help :)

I hope that things will become clearer over the next few weeks and you'll have a clear indication of the parliament and what the leading policies are likely to be.

D

ulfr 05-08-2015 12:50 PM

Well am back at the beginning again because i self harmed so am not sober all start again
oh and our washing machine broke down as well ******* brilliant :headbange

Soberwolf 05-08-2015 03:01 PM

Im glad your here SW & sorry your washing machine broke hopefully that can be fixed

Dee74 05-08-2015 03:11 PM

I'm sorry about the washing machine too. I hope it's an easy fix ScW :)

D

Hevyn 05-08-2015 03:17 PM

I'm sorry you're in pain from all that's happening SW. I know we say it often here, but it's really true - drinking or cutting only distracts or numbs us for a short time. It does nothing to actually help our situation - and then we're left with regret and anxiety. It's not worth it. It took me years to finally get that. I certainly don't think you're childish, & I'm really glad you told us what happened.

IfYouCanDream 05-08-2015 03:39 PM

I'm sorry you're struggling.

Please, don't drink over it. Drinking never makes things better for us, alcoholics. Stay strong and everything will end well.

Sending positive thoughts your way.