SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information

SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/)
-   Newcomers to Recovery (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/newcomers-recovery/)
-   -   is esctasy physicilly addictive (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/newcomers-recovery/36659-esctasy-physicilly-addictive.html)

help me 08-23-2004 09:46 AM

is esctasy physicilly addictive

hi i have been doing X at least 1 time a week for the past 6 to 8 weeks maybe more. i want to stop but i tried this week not to do it and i got very sick vomiting diariah chills sweating shaking. so my friend went and bought me one all ihad to do was look at it and started throwing up. now that i have taken it im fine all the symtoms are gone. am i addicted. im very scared and dont know what to do i cant afford rehab and refuse to go. i want to overcome this myself. i need to know if i am feeling this way because of the drug or if its in my head. im very scared and confused i didnt think u could get addicted that quick. plz help me.

Paulie 08-23-2004 09:50 AM

I don't think it matters if it is your head or your body, something is wrong. You need to stop and you need to stop now. Call a dr, get some help, it is not okay what is happening. You cannot just keep taking more X so as not to feel this way.

You said you are not willing to go to rehab, then what are you willing to do to stop using? this is a question you need to ask yourself.

Anna 08-23-2004 09:53 AM

Hi help me,

Welcome!

It sounds to me like you could be physically addicted, but, of course I don't know for sure. As you say, it might be psychological addiction, but at any rate it sounds like you recognize you have a problem. I'm a recovering alcoholic so don't know much at all about drugs, but you might check out the Substance Abuse forum on this board to find more information.

Hopefully someone else will be along who can answer your question.

Anna

help me 08-23-2004 09:56 AM

i want to quit but the reson i cant go to rehab is i have kids and dont want them taken away. if my family found out my kids would be gone. i just really need to know how long the sickness will last and what can help ease it. i dont want to take more x that is the point of me coming on here. hoping that i can do this myself without rehab. it really scared me this weekend when i had to take X to keep from getting sick. i terrified and want to stop for real. plus rehab just puts you on diffrent drugs to help u stop another thats not what i want i want to stop.not downing rehab but i want to be strong and do it on my own. i have never had a drug take me like this just from taking it one time. im so scared and lost i just thought someone on here would understand and maybe they felt the same way at one time and could give me some pointers on what im facing and how to get threw it.

Paulie 08-23-2004 10:08 AM

Rehab does not always just put you on one drug to get off another, I went to rehab and was never given any drugs.

I am not saying you should go to rehab. What I am saying is that you should call a dr, annoymously if you have to and ask them the questions you are asking here, we are not doctors here and cannot ask medical questions.

I understand the fear of losing your kids I understand the fear of not using anymore and the fear of continuing to use. You are reaching out for help and that is a good thing.

How about calling your local NA hotline and asking for help.

It is pretty safe to assume that people already know you are using, we dont' hide it like we think we do.

Moontime 08-23-2004 10:43 AM

Get to an NA meeting, asap... Honestly share, people will help you from there. I was addicted to E among many other things. My last relapse I was doing accesive amounts of E. I had the same withdrawls you had. It took about 10 days to get over it, but time proved the most valuable weapon in dealing with E withdrawls for me.

lulu70 08-23-2004 12:23 PM

I agree with Paulie and Moontime. We are not doctors, so we cannot tell you what to do. You need to speak to a real doctor. Also, getting a support group would be extremely beneficial. As far as your kids go, I do not think they would take them away from you because you asked for help. As long as there has been no abuse or neglect, and you are doing something about your addiction, there is no reason for them to be taken away by anyone.

Welcome to SR! There are a lot of good people here. Keep posting and let us know how you are doing!!!

Hugs to you--

help me 08-23-2004 08:16 PM

first of all thank all of you for your support. i dont have that at home. i know your not dr.s and thats ok because sometimes dr's cant help where total strangers can just with there kind words. this is one of the hardest things i have had to face. and i am really struggling right now. im glad i came here and decided to make a post. this is the most annomous i can be and that is the way i feel it has to be due to shame and being affriad. i really am addicted and it doesnt matter whether its physcal or mental either way i am addicted and want to admitt it. i want to over come it and im very scared and appricate any kind words i can get. sorry if my other posts seemed like i was grouchy but that is one of the things im dealing with. i feel crazy. but not crazy as in suicidal. once again thank you all and i will keep u updated.