Notices

need help in texas, dont know where to go

Old 08-23-2004, 05:54 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
azMONSTeR

need help in texas, dont know where to go

hello all, my name is daniel, i just recently moved to austin, tx. im coming from pheonix, az, and i am a recovering basically, from everything. i was doing alot of stuff, mostly glass, because of my ability to get it for free, and make money off it. i lived in az for 22 years, and decided to move because i knew living there, i would always feel that i had to live that life. i felt if you cant beat them, join them right? well i lost contact with everyone, the only people i talk to is my family members (my 2 sisters and my mom, brother in law). its been about 4 or 5 months, i dont know, you know how hard it is to keep track of time, anyway, i usually would quit for about 1-3 months, then go back to the same. this time i want it to be different. i have a legit, good job, i go to church (and i beleive in god know), and i am actually glad to be alive. however, that doesnt stop the itch to poison my body. i have no one to talk to, except for the few friends i have here, but they dont understand. they aint even touched the stuff ive touched, especially for as long as i have. they dont know the things i feel, or why. i really need to get in contact with people that know whats up, and that i can talk to with them not looking at me like im a fool, just because they dont know what its like to live like i have. like i said im in austin, and am looking for some meetings or something i can go to. i used to talk to some fool online back in az, he was from austin and said he goes to NA meetings, and they helped alot. i dont know, maybe no one will even read this, but getting to speak up a little helps you know? well to all those out there, going thru whatever, keep your head up. thanx for giving me a chance to get something off my chest, and im out. alrato.
Old 08-23-2004, 06:01 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Dan

Hey Big! Welcome.
Dump and vent all you need. A burden shared is that much lighter to carry.

Check there out...
Hill Country Intergroup
1339 Lamab Square Dr #103
Austin TX 78704
24 HOUR Answering Service 512-444-7586

You can get some AA meetings here probably.
Old 08-23-2004, 06:10 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
ted
OH SH!T

HEY BIG
WELCOME. YOUR NOT ALONE.
GREAT FOLKS HERE.

..........ted
Old 08-23-2004, 07:13 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Hi Big...
Welcome, glad you found us.
How are you liking Austin?
I love that town.
Anywho here is a site with all the meeting times in your area.

http://www.ctana.org/meetings.htm