Blogs

Notices

Life & Energy

Old 05-07-2015, 01:58 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Life & Energy

I've always been inherently spiritual. Never religious, but always spiritual, especially back when I was 18 - 20, I was really big into it. Then I went full force into the business world, and have somewhat neglected the spiritual side of myself, although concentrated on it a couple times here and there in life.

I've begun noticing this whole "shutdown mode" I've been in lately may be a blessing in disguise. It seems to be awakening that spiritual side in me again, if that makes any sense. I'm beginning to view life, the world, and every interaction a little differently again, and (I think) the way I should be viewing it.

Does anyone else view every aspect of life in terms of raw energy? Strip yourself from emotions, physical being, possessions, status, etc. Just concentrate on the pure, raw energy that's getting passed with every interaction and encounter.

Whether it's a family member, or a friend who came to visit, or a clerk at a store. Just focus on the energy you're putting out, and the energy they're putting out. We all know we have a 6th sense (most call it intuition), and I believe harnessing that is a key to a fulfilling life.

It matters in all situations. Those who are not at peace with themselves, will generally try to steal your energy in one way or another (eg. aggressive, manipulative, "poor me" syndrome, whatever). However, if you put out the proper energy, those people will generally leave you alone, and search elsewhere.

At the same time, spending time with someone where the energy is common ground is extremely beneficial, and you can easily sense it while communicating with each other. You know, you're transferring energy between each other, and helping each other become stronger by doing so.

I've been concentrating on this the past few days, and noticed it does make a difference in how people react to me.

Does any of this make any sense to anyone? Does anyone else try to view life based soley on energy? I don't explain it very well, but if you want to know more, read a book called The Celestine Prophecy by James Redfield.
The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to TroyW For This Useful Post:
alphaomega (05-07-2015), GroundhogDay (05-07-2015), IfYouCanDream (05-07-2015), INgal (05-07-2015), Jsober (05-07-2015), site1Q84 (05-07-2015), Solarion (05-07-2015), TennantSmith (05-07-2015), undertow321 (05-07-2015), Weasel1966 (05-07-2015)
Old 05-07-2015, 02:03 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Hmmm.... just re-read my post. I went a bit eccentric again, didn't I? I'm known for that.

I have a love / hate relationship with myself. Part of me wishes I could be normal, but another part is ecstatic that I'm abnormal, because abnormal is what accomplishes amazing feats, if that makes any sense.

Hmmm... ok, I'll go now. heh.
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to TroyW For This Useful Post:
alphaomega (05-07-2015), GroundhogDay (05-07-2015), INgal (05-07-2015), Jsober (05-07-2015), site1Q84 (05-07-2015), Weasel1966 (05-07-2015)
Old 05-07-2015, 02:38 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Interesting, I haven't thought of that before. I try to put out positive energy even when I am not feeling like it. Negative energy isn't going to benefit anyone. I know what you mean about disturbed people and the energy they put out. They can bring you down if you let them.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Jsober For This Useful Post:
GroundhogDay (05-07-2015), Solarion (05-07-2015), TroyW (05-07-2015)
Old 05-07-2015, 02:54 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

You are spot on man. Spot on. I could have written that myself. Check out some you tube videos from Russell brand on this topic, I think you would like.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to determined99 For This Useful Post:
GroundhogDay (05-07-2015), TroyW (05-07-2015), Ultramarathoner (05-07-2015)
Old 05-07-2015, 03:12 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

I think you put that very well :-)

I feel like when I was drinking, I was numbed out from my core or true self and it was totally out of reach. The longer I am sober the more in-tune I feel with myself and it's now effortless whereas when I even contemplated sobriety and dealing with reality before, it scared me. This is a lifelong journey and I think that the longer I am sober, the more I will be acting in accordance with my true self and stay tapped into those good vibes :-)
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to JaneLane For This Useful Post:
Old 05-07-2015, 04:04 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by TroyW View Post
Hmmm.... just re-read my post. I went a bit eccentric again, didn't I? I'm known for that.

I have a love / hate relationship with myself. Part of me wishes I could be normal, but another part is ecstatic that I'm abnormal, because abnormal is what accomplishes amazing feats, if that makes any sense.

Hmmm... ok, I'll go now. heh.
I know exactly what you are saying, and it was well said. I do try to live in the moment and strip it of the BS. Sometimes, though, to get along in the world, I still comply with the bureaucracy and deadlines.

I find being outside in natural surroundings helps me stay attuned to life's energy. I take a weekly walk through the woods. I also visit national parks when I get the chance.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to GroundhogDay For This Useful Post:
Solarion (05-07-2015), TroyW (05-07-2015)
Old 05-07-2015, 06:25 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by GroundhogDay View Post
I find being outside in natural surroundings helps me stay attuned to life's energy. I take a weekly walk through the woods. I also visit national parks when I get the chance.
Aye, I believe nature is a huge part of it as well. We need to feed off of mother nature when we can (it's not called "MOTHER nature" for nothing ). But yeah, I've found nature is the one thing that can calm the soul and balance your energy more than anything else.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to TroyW For This Useful Post:
GroundhogDay (05-07-2015), Solarion (05-07-2015)
Old 05-07-2015, 06:53 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Troy, I am right there with you. I've mentioned before that when I drank, I would have a soul ache. I realize now it was my authentic self, the part that wanted to be known and out there, was tired of being silenced. I was not just hurting myself physically, I was hurting myself spiritually. In fact, honestly, the soul ache always hurt more than the physical.

And I'm reading Celestine Prophecy again. ((((HUGS))))
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to TennantSmith For This Useful Post:
Old 05-07-2015, 07:59 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  

I completely agree!!! Communication is 90% non-verbal and in a nutshell (in my opinion) it's all energy.

I feel like I am a nuclear reactor. I have 100% positive energy in everything I do and I hear it from people all the time, I always smile and in general I always feel great because I feel that being alive is enough to make me feel blessed (I'm not religious but understand what the word means). I am lucky that I wake up in a good mood everyday, eventhough I'm not a morning person.

I'm not saying that I don't have bad days but in general I always feel fantastic and now that I have almost 14 months sober I couldn't be happier.

People definitely react to our energy. If you have an a$$ face, people will have an a$$ face back. A$$ face isn't a technical term, by the way... If we are at peace with ourselves people can and will feel it. Specially children.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Nowsthetime For This Useful Post:
Old 05-07-2015, 03:27 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by TennantSmith View Post
And I'm reading Celestine Prophecy again. ((((HUGS))))
Awww...

See, TS knows what I'm talking about. Celestine Prophecy, good book. If you haven't read it yet, it's highly recommended. I'm actually going to do the same as TS, and read it again myself.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to TroyW For This Useful Post:
Old 05-07-2015, 03:51 PM
  # 11 (permalink)  

I've always been inherently spiritual. Never religious, but always spiritual, especially back when I was 18 - 20, I was really big into it. Then I went full force into the business world, and have somewhat neglected the spiritual side of myself, although concentrated on it a couple times here and there in life.

I've begun noticing this whole "shutdown mode" I've been in lately may be a blessing in disguise. It seems to be awakening that spiritual side in me again, if that makes any sense. I'm beginning to view life, the world, and every interaction a little differently again, and (I think) the way I should be viewing it.

Does anyone else view every aspect of life in terms of raw energy? Strip yourself from emotions, physical being, possessions, status, etc. Just concentrate on the pure, raw energy that's getting passed with every interaction and encounter.

Whether it's a family member, or a friend who came to visit, or a clerk at a store. Just focus on the energy you're putting out, and the energy they're putting out. We all know we have a 6th sense (most call it intuition), and I believe harnessing that is a key to a fulfilling life.

It matters in all situations. Those who are not at peace with themselves, will generally try to steal your energy in one way or another (eg. aggressive, manipulative, "poor me" syndrome, whatever). However, if you put out the proper energy, those people will generally leave you alone, and search elsewhere.

At the same time, spending time with someone where the energy is common ground is extremely beneficial, and you can easily sense it while communicating with each other. You know, you're transferring energy between each other, and helping each other become stronger by doing so.

I've been concentrating on this the past few days, and noticed it does make a difference in how people react to me.

Does any of this make any sense to anyone? Does anyone else try to view life based soley on energy? I don't explain it very well, but if you want to know more, read a book called The Celestine Prophecy by James Redfield.
Check out Stephen Hawking, it appears to me that he lives his life solely on energy...

I'm in my 70's and I have a conscious contact with wood, especially since I heat my home with wood. Today I chopped a cord of wood out of probably 6 I'll need for next winter.

I cannot find anything more spiritual than the benefits nature provides for my servile, which includes the exercise I receive.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Iconoclastic For This Useful Post:
Old 05-07-2015, 04:07 PM
  # 12 (permalink)  
Adventurer

I would say while I was being a drunk I basically would drink to shut my energy off. It is nice to have a balance now and not be numb to the world around me.

I also have to say it feels excellent not being hung over and full of anxiety to boot!
The Following User Says Thank You to sva777 For This Useful Post:
GroundhogDay (05-07-2015)
Old 05-07-2015, 04:10 PM
  # 13 (permalink)  

Awww...

See, TS knows what I'm talking about. Celestine Prophecy, good book. If you haven't read it yet, it's highly recommended. I'm actually going to do the same as TS, and read it again myself.
I need to check this out.

Great thread, Troy.
Old 05-07-2015, 04:25 PM
  # 14 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by sva777 View Post
I would say while I was being a drunk I basically would drink to shut my energy off. It is nice to have a balance now and not be numb to the world around me.

I also have to say it feels excellent not being hung over and full of anxiety to boot!
I'm just the opposite. I had a thirst for freedom and alcohol which was the energy was that delivery system to my freedom. My freedom was "an unsuspected INNER resource" It was always with me, it's just that the things that began in childhood that created my addiction blocked it.

If anyone is curious and has a copy of AA Big Book, 3rd Edition, the INNER resource is referenced there on page 569.
The Following User Says Thank You to Iconoclastic For This Useful Post:
Old 05-07-2015, 05:53 PM
  # 15 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by GroundhogDay View Post
I need to check this out.
Depends on the individual I guess, but that book can change the lens from which you see the world.

For example, yesterday I was out just doing boring tasks -- paid electric bill, bought groceries, etc. While looking around though, everything just seemed so much more beautiful to me. Not sure how else to describe it.

You're just watching life happen, and the energy that is constantly being strewn around, and it's just beautiful. Again, sorry, don't know a better word to describe it.

If you can manage to view the world in this fashion though, then I think nothing is impossible. You can do anything you set your mind to. It's a very calming mindset to be in.
The Following User Says Thank You to TroyW For This Useful Post: