SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information

SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/)
-   Newcomers to Recovery (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/newcomers-recovery/)
-   -   Mild anxiety (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/newcomers-recovery/366577-mild-anxiety.html)

Lance40 05-06-2015 11:33 PM

Mild anxiety

Hi everyone. I'm laying in bed and mild anxiety is keeping me from drifting off to sleep. At this hour I don't have anyone else to reach out to so just thought I'd post here to get it off my chest. I'm not even sure what it's related to, but I'm guessing a few small insecurities that popped up over the last day or so.

I don't have much else to say. It's spring here on the West Coast of Canada. The days are cool with sunny, blue skies. Everything is lush with so many different shades of green, and the cityscape is full of tulips and pansies bursting in a kaleidoscope of colours. It's really wonderful to walk out the door sober each morning and take it all in during my walk to work.

Thinking about that has already made me feel better. I hope all of you have a wonderful day of sobriety.

Dee74 05-06-2015 11:53 PM

Hope you can drop off to sleep Lance - enjoy the spring :)

D

Verte 05-07-2015 12:10 AM

Good evening Lance. I'm taking my time falling asleep as well. :) Yours is beautiful country although I have only spent time there in the winter. What does the spring air smell like?

Soberwolf 05-07-2015 04:16 AM

Have you heard of binaural beats ?

SoberCAH 05-07-2015 10:01 AM

Originally Posted by Lance40 (Post 5358098)
Hi everyone. I'm laying in bed and mild anxiety is keeping me from drifting off to sleep. At this hour I don't have anyone else to reach out to so just thought I'd post here to get it off my chest. I'm not even sure what it's related to, but I'm guessing a few small insecurities that popped up over the last day or so.

I don't have much else to say. It's spring here on the West Coast of Canada. The days are cool with sunny, blue skies. Everything is lush with so many different shades of green, and the cityscape is full of tulips and pansies bursting in a kaleidoscope of colours. It's really wonderful to walk out the door sober each morning and take it all in during my walk to work.

Thinking about that has already made me feel better. I hope all of you have a wonderful day of sobriety.

You live in a beautiful place, amigo.

If I were you, and had spare time, I would be walking the beach in Tofino and, of course, eating copious amounts of fresh caught wild samon.

I had a difficult time drifting off to sleep last night also.

If your anxiety persits, you should probably go see a doctor about it.

Thanks for bringing this up.

Lance40 05-07-2015 10:14 AM

Thanks for the replies everyone. A fever chill woke me in the night, and this morning I awoke hot and sweaty with an unsettled stomach. If I didn't know better I would say I was hung over. Must be a mild bug, so last night's anxiety probably was just part of it coming on.

I have used binaural beats in the past but haven't thought of them in years.

This is a very beautiful part of the world. I haven't been to Tofino in quite some years, but I have fond memories of staying at the Wickaninnish Inn there and going to sleep with the sound of the surf rolling around us all night.

Soberwolf 05-07-2015 10:28 AM

Sounds beautiful & very natural Lance

Mysusnshine1 05-07-2015 10:35 AM

Hope your able to get past your bug.
Its a nice relaxing rainy day here in Texas.

matilda123 05-07-2015 08:01 PM

Hope you are feeling better soon, Lance! Take care!!