SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information

SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/)
-   Newcomers to Recovery (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/newcomers-recovery/)
-   -   Progress (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/newcomers-recovery/366498-progress.html)

countrygirl2014 05-06-2015 03:45 AM

Progress

So sorry I'm over posting today. I'm trying to get my head back in the game. I went to my daughter's field day Monday morning. I thoroughly enjoyed it. Last year I sat there in the hot sun, sweating alcohol with a headache I thought would kill me. I remember being paranoid everyone was looking at me. I couldn't wait for it to be over so I could go home and go back to bed. I am so glad I was able to enjoy it this year. I am grateful. It was an awesome day.

Jennifer

trachemys 05-06-2015 03:57 AM

:)

ForMeForThem 05-06-2015 04:06 AM

I can really relate to your post Jennifer. I've had similar moments where I realize just how grateful I am to be sober and truly present, enjoying the moments with my kids. I'm really happy for you!

Ruby2 05-06-2015 04:20 AM

Those are awesome days and I can relate. It's being able to do the simple day to day things without dread. I had a simple aha moment when I attended a parade for my

Ruby2 05-06-2015 04:22 AM

For my son's baseball little league and most of the moms were wearing sunglasses on a cloudy morning complaining of the ill effects after they had attended an alcohol soaked fundraiser the night before. But I was clear headed and present to enjoy the day.

countrygirl2014 05-06-2015 04:23 AM

Originally Posted by Dee74 (Post 5356338)
Dreams can be unsettling but there may not be too much you need to get back in the game as you put it. You're self -aware, you know the AV is ramping up...but you're willing to fight to stay sober. Sounds like a pretty good position to me :) what's your support like? D

I have my friends who will not allow me to drink, I have AA...unfortunately I can't make a meeting until tomorrow...but I have a phone and WILL be calling another person in recovery today. I'm glad I recognized how bad that dream freaked me out. Sometimes a little acknowledgement goes a long way.
!!of course I have SR too!!

Jennifer

countrygirl2014 05-06-2015 04:24 AM

I meant you. I'm glad you recognized how bad that dream freaked me out.

Jennifer

Soberwolf 05-06-2015 05:43 AM

So nice to read CG congrats

PurpleKnight 05-06-2015 06:52 AM

Fantastic Jen!! :You_Rock_

Dee74 05-06-2015 02:55 PM

Originally Posted by countrygirl2014 (Post 5356383)
I have my friends who will not allow me to drink, I have AA...unfortunately I can't make a meeting until tomorrow...but I have a phone and WILL be calling another person in recovery today. I'm glad I recognized how bad that dream freaked me out. Sometimes a little acknowledgement goes a long way.
!!of course I have SR too!!

Jennifer

I meant that post for your other thread. I moved it :)
I'm glad you're sticking to the plan though :)

D

countrygirl2014 05-06-2015 04:45 PM

Originally Posted by Dee74 (Post 5357414)
I meant that post for your other thread. I moved it :) I'm glad you're sticking to the plan though :) D

I know but I already answered it and don't have the skills to move the answer, lol.

Jennifer