Notices

Day 1 again :(

Old 05-06-2015, 03:11 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Day 1 again :(

well I messed up again coming off a binge why do I never learn
Old 05-06-2015, 03:47 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Welcome back. It's the same thing everytime, isn't it? Today, don't pick up. Let's help you get some time under your belt. Everyday becomes an adventure instead of sickness, sadness, and hopelessness. Just don't pick up today. Tomorrow, read this post again. You can do this.

Jennifer
Old 05-06-2015, 03:50 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

It is the same thing over and over I have proved to myself I can't stop
Old 05-06-2015, 03:59 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

I couldn't stop either. It took years to get 7 months sober. I slept a lot, ate what I wanted, posted on here, and started going to AA (even though I hated it at first). I wrote three things I was grateful for, 3 times a day. I picked up a real book to read at night because I couldn't sleep due to my brain's constant chatter (and it was loud and annoying). I only thought about the day I was in. I refused to say "I'll never drink again". As the days added up, these annoying symptoms slowly went away. I want you to do this. You aren't missing anything by not drinking. All your self esteem, acceptance, and stress issues will lessen or disappear...you just have to give yourself time to heal. I already know you can do this, what I'm hoping for is that you try.

Jennifer
Old 05-06-2015, 04:02 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  
Administrator

welcome back neo guest

what's the plan this time? what are you going to do differently?

D
Old 05-06-2015, 04:03 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Thank you Jennifer for taking the time to reply....I don't know what I'm going to do to deal with this...
Old 05-06-2015, 04:08 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Hey Neo.... You just need to get that day 1 out of the way, that's the toughest.. Keep yourself occupied, go out for the day, read the posts here... Once you get to day 2 it will be so much easier.. Remember staying sober is a damn sight easier than getting off the drink!! Wishing you well...
Old 05-06-2015, 04:25 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by NeoGuest View Post
Thank you Jennifer for taking the time to reply....I don't know what I'm going to do to deal with this...
I want to see you happy. I hate the misery drinking brings to people like us and I would love to see you break those chains.

Jennifer
Old 05-06-2015, 04:27 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  

Hi.
None of us can get anyone sober. All we can do is suggest the things that helped us to stay away from the first drink.

I happened to be undisciplined and wanted to stop MY way, well after 2 years with no success I needed to stop my wish wasy way and get my help from the professionals at AA. The program had helped millions, why not me!

This was before the internet or the audio CD.

I first needed to get honest with myself about my drinking AND ACCEPT the fact I can not drink in safety one day at a time in a row.
Fortunately I was sick and tired of being sick and tired and with help haven’t had a drink since.
Unfortunately far too many don’t for various reasons get sober and I’ve seen first hand many hundreds suffer in the misery and death of alcoholism because alcohol is powerful, baffling, cunning and insidious.
We have a progressive condition which will never get better if we continue to drink alcohol.
Stopping requires work and changes for long term sobriety for all of us.

BE WELL
Old 05-06-2015, 04:31 AM
  # 10 (permalink)  

As much as I want to I won't pick a drink up today..
Old 05-06-2015, 06:45 AM
  # 11 (permalink)  

It is the same thing over and over I have proved to myself I can't stop
You can stop, everyone can stop, you just need to tweak your plan.

You say it's the same thing over and over, well doing the same things and expecting different results never worked for me, I needed to do something different, not the same routines/patterns to life and expect it to happen.

Even something as small as daily SR support can make the difference, willpower and good intentions only got me so far, in isolation I would always go back to drinking!!

You can do this!!
Old 05-07-2015, 03:15 AM
  # 12 (permalink)  

Day 2 and feeling pretty rough once this passes I'm going to get a good plan together. Coming here and writing things down is helping right now...thanks for listening
Old 05-07-2015, 04:09 AM
  # 13 (permalink)  
Do your best

Congrats on day 2 bud
Old 05-07-2015, 04:33 AM
  # 14 (permalink)  

Overuse this site! Just hang in there and great job on day one.

Jennifer
Old 05-07-2015, 04:34 AM
  # 15 (permalink)  

I meant making it to day 2...lol

Jennifer
Old 05-08-2015, 07:54 AM
  # 16 (permalink)  

Well day 3 nearly over had to go to town to pay money back to the bar that I got in my drunken state..The flash would not have had a look in
Old 05-09-2015, 04:37 AM
  # 17 (permalink)  

Well day 3 nearly over had to go to town to pay money back to the bar that I got in my drunken state..The flash would not have had a look in
Good job!!

Jennifer
Old 05-09-2015, 07:01 AM
  # 18 (permalink)  

Thank you for this thread. I keep going back to drinking, too. Day 1 today for me, and I am glad to see you made it through the past couple of days without alcohol
Old 05-09-2015, 07:21 AM
  # 19 (permalink)  
Canine Welfare Advocate

I was always confounded by my constant cycle of heavy drinking, guilt about drinking, deciding to quit or cut back, only to resume drinking. I was frustrated. Why can't I quit. If it's because I like drinking, then why can't I moderate.

I couldn't admit I was addicted. I thought sobriety was a result of a decision to quit. It's much more than that.

When I finally figured it out and succeeded, it was because I did the recovery work necessary to support that decision to quit. Find a method or program that works for you, because deciding to quit, no matter how much you want to, is still just the first step in many to reach sobriety.
Old 05-09-2015, 08:52 AM
  # 20 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by lilac0721 View Post
Thank you for this thread. I keep going back to drinking, too. Day 1 today for me, and I am glad to see you made it through the past couple of days without alcohol
Well I am only on day 4 so I dont have much advice to give you. Message me if you are finding it hard and I will do the same,its a bit of support for each other...