SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information

SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/)
-   Newcomers to Recovery (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/newcomers-recovery/)
-   -   Last night was awful! (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/newcomers-recovery/366396-last-night-awful.html)

Chilledice 05-05-2015 12:31 AM

Last night was awful!

Last night was just HORRENDOUS ughhh never wanna go through that again! Was shaking like a leaf sweating anxiety etc etc Now I am on day 2 gotta major sore neck and feel fluey.

Im just moaning that's all, day 2 for me :)

HeadLump 05-05-2015 12:42 AM

Stick with it, Chilled. Eyes on the prize, my friend xxx

Chilledice 05-05-2015 12:45 AM

Originally Posted by HeadLump (Post 5354332)
Stick with it, Chilled. Eyes on the prize, my friend xxx

Im not giving up the fight, I should be out of this by day 5 or 6 :) :tyou

MarathonMan 05-05-2015 12:49 AM

Hey Chilli, hold on and it should get better soon. I had to go do medical detox this time as I tried it solo and the withdrawal was just to scary so I drank again to make sure I didn't have a seizure or something and then signed up for medical assist.

Remember if it gets too bad go see you're doctor

Chilledice 05-05-2015 12:51 AM

Originally Posted by MarathonMan (Post 5354337)
Hey Chilli, hold on and it should get better soon. I had to go do medical detox this time as I tried it solo and the withdrawal was just to scary so I drank again to make sure I didn't have a seizure or something and then signed up for medical assist.

Remember if it gets too bad go see you're doctor

Been to my docs and the just straight out refused to give me benzos to help me come off the booze, this isn't the first time I have done cold turkey however this time it does seem that little more painful than before. If it gets really bad il just go to the ER, hoping it will calm down tho :)

Scared1234 05-05-2015 12:55 AM

Sending good vibes your way! You can do this!! :)

PS: Today is day 3 for me! Lets do this!!!

VirginiaWoof 05-05-2015 01:05 AM

Good for you, being so resolved to keep going x

Dee74 05-05-2015 01:12 AM

Hope today is better :)

D

Soberwolf 05-05-2015 01:23 AM

Keep on keeping on

MythOfSisyphus 05-05-2015 02:18 AM

Hang in there, Chilledice!:scoregood

IOAA2 05-05-2015 04:12 AM

Hi.
Fortunately your post is a good remember when for me.
It took awhile before I accepted the fact that it’s the FIRST drink that got me as sick and hungover.

Gratefully it’s been a lot of days ago and life could not be much better if I let it.

BE WELL

SarahB60 05-05-2015 04:20 AM

Originally Posted by Chilledice (Post 5354339)
Been to my docs and the just straight out refused to give me benzos to help me come off the booze, this isn't the first time I have done cold turkey however this time it does seem that little more painful than before. If it gets really bad il just go to the ER, hoping it will calm down tho :)

This is criminal. I'm not sure if this is the norm on the UK. In the US, we're only talking about a finite amount of pills with a taper schedule.

Even if you "cold turkeyed" before, withdrawals will progressively get worse with each relapse. Withdrawals can be dangerous - spiked blood pressure, heart racing, hallucinations, seizures....

Hang in there. Wishing you a speedy recovery!

Chilledice 05-05-2015 04:24 AM

Originally Posted by SarahB60 (Post 5354487)
This is criminal. I'm not sure if this is the norm on the UK. In the US, we're only talking about a finite amount of pills with a taper schedule.

Even if you "cold turkeyed" before, withdrawals will progressively get worse with each relapse. Withdrawals can be dangerous - spiked blood pressure, heart racing, hallucinations, seizures....

Hang in there. Wishing you a speedy recovery!

They said because I have an addictive personality they cant trust me with them and also they are afraid I will drink on them! Foul behaviour on their part in my opinion!

Thanks for the kind words :)

TroyW 05-05-2015 04:26 AM

Originally Posted by SarahB60 (Post 5354487)

Not quite. Benzos are also both, dangerous and addictive. I can totally understand why a doctor would be hesitant in prescribing them to anyone who asks. If you do in-patient on the other hand, then it's a different story, as you're being supervised.

SarahB60 05-05-2015 04:33 AM

Originally Posted by TroyW (Post 5354493)
Not quite. Benzos are also both, dangerous and addictive. I can totally understand why a doctor would be hesitant in prescribing them to anyone who asks. If you do in-patient on the other hand, then it's a different story, as you're being supervised.

Yes, of course they are. Benzo's work on the GABA receptors like alcohol. But they're gold standard for detoxing, whether at home or in a facility.

There are Dr's in the US (it varies) who will prescribe a finite amount of benzos with a taper schedule to detox at home. Some people are unable to take time off of work to detox thru in-patient. Your mileage may vary in this situation.

TroyW 05-05-2015 04:57 AM

Originally Posted by SarahB60 (Post 5354498)
There are Dr's in the US (it varies) who will prescribe a finite amount of benzos with a taper schedule to detox at home.

Right, and I'm sure they prescribe benzos for home use in the UK as well, but it all depends on the doctor's evaluation of you. If he believes there's a chance you're going to end up worse off with them than without, or believes you don't truly need them, he's not going to prescribe them.

Chilled, don't get me wrong, I don't mean anything at all bad towards you. If I was just coming off a binge looking a little rough, decided "that's it I'm quitting", then walked into a doctor's office and asked for benzos, I'm certain I'd be flat out refused too. No doctor in their right mind would give me benzos in that state. :)

All the best with day 2 though! :hug:

PurpleKnight 05-05-2015 06:15 AM

Day 2 is fantastic Chilled!! Keep pushing through!! :scoregood

Chilledice 05-05-2015 06:17 AM

LOLI look rougher than a badgers backside right now! :lmao

Soberwolf 05-05-2015 06:30 AM

Keep up the good work

firstymer 05-05-2015 07:06 AM

We are pulling for you Chilledice. Stay strong. You can DO this! :ushup: