Notices

Is anyone around?

Old 05-03-2015, 04:45 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Is anyone around?

It is my hard time Sunday with time on my hands. How do you cope?
Old 05-03-2015, 04:50 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

I watch movies, do sudoku, play with my baby, and the past 2 weeks, I spend most of my time on here.
Old 05-03-2015, 04:50 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Chat, play with my kids, cook, go for a run, watch a movie, or read a book.
Old 05-03-2015, 04:53 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

I try and get away from normal routine. For me Being alone at home is a huge trigger. To change that I've been visiting with friends and family during my more difficult times. Posting on here helps a lot too hang in there!
Old 05-03-2015, 04:56 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

I find something productive to do when I crave. Not only did you get through the craving but you get something done you wouldn't have if ya drank.
Old 05-03-2015, 04:57 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Welcome to the Forum!!

It's all about changing up your routines, new activities, something new!!
Old 05-03-2015, 05:05 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Today I cleaned everything, even the walls in one of my bathrooms. Then vacuumed, mopped, and waxed floors. My vitamins kicked in. I also made a yummy chicken Alfredo .
Old 05-03-2015, 05:07 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Create new habits until one sticks....
Old 05-03-2015, 05:09 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  
bona fido dog-lover

Walking my dogs is my go-to solution for most everything.
Old 05-03-2015, 05:30 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  

Sunday night your time? If you don't have anywhere to go really, maybe try the Arcade, linked at the top of this page. I find a game or 4 of Mahjong breaks my concentration on focusing on the cravings.
Old 05-03-2015, 05:32 PM
  # 11 (permalink)  
Do your best

Hello & Welcome ChoiceBreath nice to meet you

Interact on the forums join the class of may 2015 in newcomers youl find ppl getting sober around the same time as yourself

In newcomer daily threads look for the 24h thread you will be supported in your sobriety
Old 05-03-2015, 07:21 PM
  # 12 (permalink)  
Catch and Release

Started my day cuddleing with my dog and coffee in bed Read some SR . Then some exercise. Eat a good breakfast. Took dog for walk (gorgeous, gorgeous day) on the beach. Practice my guitar. Looked around for a patio set. Bought a Dairy Queen ice cream sundae and ate it on the beach watching the ice float by. Went back to house and listened to tunes while relaxing on the deck. Browse favourite websites. Had some supper. Went to rehearsal. Bedtime.
Old 05-03-2015, 07:54 PM
  # 13 (permalink)  
Administrator

Talking and chatting here can really help too

welcome aboard choice breath
D
Old 05-04-2015, 03:09 AM
  # 14 (permalink)  

I have church 9-1030 then help out afterwards with teas / toast one week and creche another week. The other two weeks in the month me and a friend I met at church treat ourselves to a treat at a wonderful tea room in the little city where we live.
Then I plan the food needed for the week and do a food-shop.
By that time I've only got about 5 hours left to chill or go out or get chores done before my Sunday evening AA meeting. By the time that's finished and I've helped pack away and I've got home and had something small for dinner it's time to get things organised for the morning and get an early night..

None of these things sound very exciting no doubt. And at first I felt quite lonely and bored. Gradually, as I become more comfortable in my own skin, and have less anxieties and guilt shouting in my head that I needed to block out, I have felt less of a need to be constantly on the go; surrounded by people and constant stimulation.

Church and helping out afterwards has meant that I got to know people in my city quite quickly when I moved here last year though (before all my friendships had come about through drinking in pubs so I didn't know how I'd meet sober friends at all). If you're not a churchey type (which I'm not even sure that I am really) there are lots of volunteering activities you could get involved in to keep busy and meet some new sober friends. Loads of wildlife things; opportunities to help homeless people. Lots of museums rely on volunteers as well.

Lots of people are members of gyms, and I am as well, but I tend to do that stuff during the week as my gym in in the neighbouring city where I work, and I don't want to drive that route another day of the week! I know cleaning; laundry; food shops etc. don't sound like fun, but they do contribute to my well-being. One of the things I love about my life at 14 months sober is that the week is so much easier to get through when my home is organised, and it a clean and serene sanctuary for me to return to. Before I got sober, every place I ever lived (from the ages of 18 through to 42) ended up being a disorganised, messy, pit. Floors were filthy - often sticky. And everything had a layer of grime. Finding things was really hard so often I gave up and just bought replacements which caused even more clutter. Now it's just nice to be at home and relax. Maybe watching TV or listening to radio. Maybe reading a book. Maybe working on my 12-steps AA journal. There is no clutter. It smells good. It is comfortable. I can even invite people round and be proud of my little home.

We're all different though. I hope you had a good Sunday in the end.
Old 05-04-2015, 04:48 AM
  # 15 (permalink)  
~sb

make a list of things you can do

also, there's a list somewhere on here, maybe Dee can locate it? I think our dear Carol had posted it......
Old 06-08-2015, 06:19 PM
  # 16 (permalink)  

Thought I had posted. I am sucking with life. Need some help. Please the emoj!! needs to go
Old 06-08-2015, 06:22 PM
  # 17 (permalink)  
Administrator

hi choicebreath

if you give us a little more detail on what going on, we can help more.

are you wanting to drink, or struggling to stop?
D
Old 06-08-2015, 06:32 PM
  # 18 (permalink)  

Thank all of you!
Old 06-08-2015, 09:53 PM
  # 19 (permalink)  

How are things going CB? Been a while. You been okay?