Notices

Newcomers Stay Sober this Weekend 4/30 until (Part 2)

Old 05-05-2015, 05:50 AM
  # 101 (permalink)  

Feel better Ruby!!!
Old 05-05-2015, 06:07 AM
  # 102 (permalink)  

Thanks Della! And everyone. Knowing that I can do it makes me feel better.
Old 05-05-2015, 06:46 AM
  # 103 (permalink)  

Watching Anthony Bourdain No Reservations. He's in Rio. And there is the obligatory drinking. I couldn't watch it when I first got sober but I really do enjoy him. Traveling to exotic places. Bringing me to places I'll most likely never go. His sense of humor.

What a great day to do nothing. Gently falling rain. Cat curled up next to me. SR on my iPad. I'm sober. What more could I want right now?
Old 05-05-2015, 07:40 AM
  # 104 (permalink)  
...holds the key

Have a good workout, weasel! I'm having a stupor Tuesday as well but mines just from taking Tylenol pm last night and still not being able to fall asleep!

Ruby....sounds like a cozy day to be home. Hope you get to feeling better!
Old 05-05-2015, 07:48 AM
  # 105 (permalink)  

Hey, I am jumping in way late. That terrorist shooting on Sunday was about 5 miles south of my home. I think it has shaken me up more than I originally thought. The first ISIS attack on US soil, so very close. More to come I am sure.
Old 05-05-2015, 08:02 AM
  # 106 (permalink)  

Wow AF, that is scary! And I need to start reading my newspaper as I'd not heard of it. I get it delivered and then get sidetracked.

Big things like that are frightening. Better late than never. Pull up a chair and stay awhile.
Old 05-05-2015, 09:52 AM
  # 107 (permalink)  

Ah, Rio...

Had a fab time there near the end of 2001 during my last Corp Trip pre-Early Retirement. The view below from my Hotel was West of Town. Apparently, the Hotel Owners had the sense to snatch up the Land adjacent for a 3 Hole Golf Course. Otherwise, it would be Wall-to-Wall Hotels. Amazing Rock Formations there. BAM!!! Right up and out of the Topography. Hang Gliders were circling around on the Ocean Breezes.

As Bourdain showed, killer Food. Something like 18 different Cultures in their Bloodlines. Insanely gorgeous People. Dutch/Aztec/Japanese Combos, for example...

Petrol and Crop Trucks - like Sugarcane - were routinely Hijacked. So, the then-new Tech of Real Time GPS 'Asset' Tracking was a big deal; part of my Research Mission that Trip. Trying to fit Hands Free Cellphone Tech into their minute Cars there was another challenge I investigated. It was not yet in Cellphones.

Down on the Beach, some serious Stud Muffins were playing Volleyball. No Arms/Hands were used. Serve by kicking the Ball off a small mound of Sand. Receive the Serve on the Sternum. Set using no Arms. Head bump, whatever... Spike by kicking while completely upside-down, and inverted. Simply amazing.

One place I'd fly back to with Da Wife on Vacation.

-
Old 05-05-2015, 12:37 PM
  # 108 (permalink)  

Wow, MM, what a great experience! What was that movie? Blame it on Rio? Sounds like a great place to visit.

I'm on the couch half listening to the television and half listening to the voices of my children in my head, pleading with me to pick them up early from their after school place. They aren't liking it much. So it's the voice of guilt. I'll get them early. However, son won't be happy. I'm hiding all his electronics and taking the access card out of the TV so that they each have to do chores when thy ey get home.
Old 05-05-2015, 01:05 PM
  # 109 (permalink)  
saoutchik

Sounds like a plan Ruby. Hope you're feeling better.

Cool pic Mesa sounds fantastic. As a young man I used to show off on the beach but lacked the dazzling ball skills + like most British men was partially drunk anyway.

There was a Brazilian News crew around Olympic Park last week vox popping people about "legacy" issues but as most people there are tourists they wern't getting any sensible answers really (Saoutchik not asked for his trenchant views on the subject)

Busy day today.

Massive number of posts this thread has managed over the weekend, well done fellow weekenders
Old 05-05-2015, 03:30 PM
  # 110 (permalink)  
A simple guy making his way

Sporty weasel in his new eyewear!
Old 05-05-2015, 03:32 PM
  # 111 (permalink)  

I worked for one hour and went home. It's a cold and rainy day and I guess I needed a day to do nothing. I took two naps and finished my book. I'll make up for it tomorrow.
How are you feeling, ruby?
Old 05-05-2015, 03:37 PM
  # 112 (permalink)  

New eyewear came, eh? How are they working out? I'll bet they're sharp! I have prescription sunglasses but they aren't progressives. Pain in butt.

Saoutchik, you do have a way with words that never fails to make me smile.

I'm feeling better. Back to the salt mines tomorrow.
Old 05-05-2015, 03:41 PM
  # 113 (permalink)  

HaF, sounds like you had a marvelous day doing absolutely nothing. And I'll bet it felt good.

I stopped at the grocery store and picked up essentials. Bacon and cilantro/coriander. Translations. Like aubergine and courgettes.

I made that broth and it was missing something and I figured it was cilantro. But right now, we're all laying around the living room. Mr. Ruby got off and got home early. P
Old 05-05-2015, 03:43 PM
  # 114 (permalink)  
A simple guy making his way

Ruby... With these glasses I can read you like a book!
Old 05-05-2015, 03:48 PM
  # 115 (permalink)  
Do your best

Hello everyone
Old 05-05-2015, 04:08 PM
  # 116 (permalink)  

Happy Tuesday?

Feel better, Ms. Ruby. If it weren't for women, the wheels would come off, fershure.

I got so many errands done today. Ken, I have to get to the eye doctor - thanks for the reminder. It's now on my list. Geez, I went to the dentist three times in February/March. Just had a regular physical last week. Now the eye doc? I'm going to be so tuned up. Oh, got my car's oil changed today as one of my errands, so it's good for a while. No surprise leaks or broken hoses or belts. At least I've got that going for me.

I am a bit perturbed about my washing machine door. Part of it is broken and they don't have parts anymore. It's only 7 years old. Grr. So now I have it taped up - except the tape doesn't stay stuck because it's a washer and there's too much moisture around.

Ok. I'm not going to drink at it. I am grateful I have a working washer. I don't need a new one. I am still blessed with in-house laundry. Huzzah.
Old 05-05-2015, 04:25 PM
  # 117 (permalink)  

Bimini, congrats on 14 months. And on getting all that stuff done. You reminded me I have to schedule a dental appointment for yet another crown and get my oil changed. Wheels falling off

Weas, I'm glad someone can read around here. I need new glasses. I can always tell the people with progressive lenses. They're the people like me who have their glasses on the tip of their noses while they peer over the top of the glasses at the tiny print on their phone screens. I'd say its an age thing but I've been wearing glasses since I was 8.
Old 05-05-2015, 05:38 PM
  # 118 (permalink)  

Wow...I am looking forward to a productive day tomorrow. Rainy, cold, unproductive days feel depressing to me. I seem to need sunshine, warmth, singing birds, and a good day at work to feel good. I can be very lazy. Thank goodness for my dogs who love me even if I'm a little odd.
on a brighter note...I have solved part of my problem of lack of moderation with anything. Like chocolate chip cookies! ! I made the dough, shaped it into a log, and put it in the freezer in a plastic bag. Tonight, I sliced off 2 cookies, baked them in the toaster oven, and voila! 2 chocolate chip cookies. ...I don't have to eat 20!
Old 05-05-2015, 05:47 PM
  # 119 (permalink)  
...holds the key

Love it happy!

Congratulations Bimini on 14 months!!
Old 05-05-2015, 06:00 PM
  # 120 (permalink)  

Congrats right back atcha, Brynn

Five months for Brynn today -on 5/5. My six month date was tough for some reason. But that was the last one that was tough. It's been gravy since.

Now I want Mex food. But I had two donuts for dinner. Rats.