SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information

SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/)
-   Newcomers to Recovery (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/newcomers-recovery/)
-   -   Fomo (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/newcomers-recovery/366195-fomo.html)

alphaomega 05-02-2015 10:48 AM

Fomo

Fear Of Missing Out.

I'm noticing this strange phenomena creeping in while I'm trying to heal. I'm 4 months today (YAY !) and I'm still having the PAWS. I do have more good days then bad, but when the bad days come, I have to just rest and heal.

I noticed I get this anxiety like I'm missing out on something.

Anyone else feel me ?

amandamarie 05-02-2015 10:52 AM

First off congratulations. I think a lot about what everyone else is doing while I am home, but then I remember most of those nights that started out fun ended up with fighting, sickness, or misery. Then being home just hanging out with my family seems awesome.

hedgehog 05-02-2015 10:55 AM

Alpha, congrats on four months!! That's awesome, keep up the good fight!

The anxiety is what's been most difficult for me. Sometimes I have to leave the room and find a quiet place by myself and try to calm down (almost like a meditation I suppose). I can't say one thing or another triggers it, but it always comes. And, thankfully, it always passes.

ArtFriend 05-02-2015 10:57 AM

Congrats on 4 months AO! :scoregood

I used to feel like I was missing something but if you play the tape to the end you realize that many times booze ruins good times for many people. It all starts out OK...and then it all goes to hell.

SoberLeigh 05-02-2015 10:58 AM

Four months is great, dear AO!!!!

At four months, I still had serious brain-fog and significant lethargy.

I had tons of anxiety but I associated mine with caring for a very ill and then dying parent. I was definitely missing out on a lot as I did very, very little other than caregiving for 2+ years but I don't think that that made me anxious.

Love and caring thoughts to you.

alphaomega 05-02-2015 11:01 AM

Originally Posted by SoberLeigh (Post 5349832)
Four months is great, dear AO!!!!

At four months, I still had serious brain-fog and significant lethargy.

I had tons of anxiety but I associated mine with caring for a very ill and then dying parent. I was definitely missing out on a lot as I did very, very little other than caregiving for 2+ years but I don't think that that made me anxious.

Love and caring thoughts to you.

Knowing that you had that at 4 months, while caring for a dying parent, makes me know, we really ARE soul sisters. :hug:

PurpleKnight 05-02-2015 11:15 AM

4 Months is fantastic!! :You_Rock_

Soberwolf 05-02-2015 11:25 AM

Congrats AO keep on keepin on

EndGameNYC 05-02-2015 11:31 AM

Ten Steps to Overcoming FOMO | Building Relationship Skills

alphaomega 05-02-2015 11:37 AM

Oh that is good stuff end !!! Exactly what I needed. Thank you !!!

EndGameNYC 05-02-2015 11:38 AM

Originally Posted by alphaomega (Post 5349886)
Is there supposed to be a link END ?

Or is that a subtle hint ? :)

Yes. Just click on it. Works on my end.