What does spirituality mean to you?

Old 05-01-2015, 01:15 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

What does spirituality mean to you?

So what does spirituality mean?
Old 05-01-2015, 01:23 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Administrator

For me, Spirituality means the connection with my soul, with the purpose of my life here on earth.
Old 05-01-2015, 01:27 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

My connection with nature. I worship the earth and try not to harm any creature on this planet. That connection leads onto an appreciation of my physical body and my soul.

My personal sprituality encompasses all of the above!
Old 05-01-2015, 01:29 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Trudgin

Awhile back some one asked me what was Akron, Ohio like. I explained it was like Boise without the night life..........

Spirituality for me is God without religion - the peanut butter sandwich without consternation in regards to the type of bread used, if any.

A melting pot of universal truths that has an energy of it's own. It simply is and through mediation can be tapped into at anytime while being our constant companion.

How about you???
Old 05-01-2015, 01:30 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by JaneLane View Post
My connection with nature. I worship the earth and try not to harm any creature on this planet. That connection leads onto an appreciation of my physical body and my soul.

My personal sprituality encompasses all of the above!
Well put. I have great difficulty putting it into words but you've done it succinctly. My idea is very similar. It's very outward.

Though most people that know me would never see me this way, I have frequently been humbled by nature to the point of awed silence. It was always a physical sensation that I welcomed. It wasn't until I got sober that I tried to understand what it was even about.
Old 05-01-2015, 01:38 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Thank you, SoberLife. This is a good question.

My current attempt:

It's something like attending to the subtle and the sublime along with the daily, like orienting toward some kind of North Star in all directions behind the scenes, especially beyond verbiage and mentation and emotional weather.
Old 05-01-2015, 02:04 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

In a nutshell, Personality.

It's funny when I try to search for a definition, Google comes up with all sorts of related definitions and horoscope ads. with all sorts of strange brews, mixes, Visa, PayPal tags,long white bearded fellows wielding a stick,
how interesting.

My search for words and word meanings that pertain to my sobriety and medicals has to go way beyond the hype and find the seed of the origin of the word, "spirit".
It's the mind, how we think.

The origins of the word is from the Ancient Greek, Spirit and Soul
Join the dots, if the Mind, ( spirit ) is right, then our Soul is in tune, and it is our Soul that has a relationship and in harmony with spirit of the universe, the HP thing.

So if I'm practicing a "spiritual program" for alcohol and or drug recovery, I now know it's not about what date I was born, it's about how I think and where do/did those thoughts came from, cos I certainly did not make up those beer ads on a bill board and on TV!

My spirit/mind/thinking progressively gets to ease my soul,
( body/being) to a better state of consciousness, and no Visa card, Paypal account , drugs or alcohol required, so I found out !

I might be wrong, but hey, the obsession of the mind ( thought/spirit ) to pick up a drink or a drug is simply not there and if it does sneak back in, I'm now more aware, hence, "Spiritual Awakening".
Old 05-01-2015, 02:19 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  
Do your best

Exactly what Anna said