Notices

Day 13! Head all over the place!

Old 05-01-2015, 06:44 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Day 13! Head all over the place!

I'm a newbie. I decided to join up today as I kept coming to this site when doing my googling sessions these past couple of weeks. The support from user's here are just so lovely and encouraging for newbies such as myself.

I'm on day 13 (haven't lasted this long before)and feeling so down. All I want is my vodka and redbull so I can function properly and cover up these feelings. I'm So lonely right now. I've 5 kids pulling out of me. My partner is Not home until 7pm. I've spent the Last 4 years drinking vodka and redbull most days for energy and covering up My struggle to cope.

I'm seeing my counsellor tonight so I'm praying that these feelings will Lighten up after that but right now I just want to crawl into a cave and come back out when drink is No longer the only thing I can think about.

I'm so angry for doing this to Myself. Can someone just explain to Me what is going on with my mind. Are these withdrawals ? I haven't had any physically thank God but are these the Mentally draining ones? Is it normal?

Right Now I feel as though I'll never be better. I just want my drink Ahhhhhhh. I won't do it though. I'm not gonna let it win. I've to much support from my partner and family. I am not going to let them down. Especially my children who drive me crazy but my God they mean everything to me.

My head just seems to be going 100mph. It feels like I'm living in a nightmare. Still have such a long road ahead of me. It seems like it's getting harder rather than easier. It will get easier though.... Won't it?....
Old 05-01-2015, 06:51 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Do your best

Hello & Welcome 5Tuts
Old 05-01-2015, 07:09 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Yes, it will get easier. You're body has been poisoned with alcohol for years. It takes time for things to level out.

I'm glad you are here. Try to be kind to yourself. Things will settle down.

I find that reading around here and posting often really help to keep my head in the right place.

Keep up the good work. If things become too much for you, it is never a bad idea to pay a visit to your doctor.
Old 05-01-2015, 07:12 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Welcome to the forums!

I remember that feeling well. Yes, you will settle down. The spinning thoughts and racing brain are part of early sobriety. Make it through today. That's all you have to do. Stay busy, go for a walk, scrub a bathroom, watch a movie, whatever it takes.

It's tough. I remember saying, "I'm so raw," - like all my emotions were right there and so intense. All I wanted to do was crawl out of my own skin. It's really uncomfortable. Give it some time. Make it through today without that drink. You can do it.

Keep posting, it helps you and it helps me
Old 05-01-2015, 07:17 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Congratulations on 13 days!

I promise you it does level out as long as you don't drink. I know for me it got harder first and I just had to trust what I read that eventually, with sobriety, I would be better equipped to handle to stressors in my life.

Unfortunately, I was never able to find a sober cave. It was important for me to take breaks through out the day thy though.

Breathing exercises are really helpful for me. Lots of info about them online. It felt a little hokey at first but are a major go to for me.

Welcome to the forum!
Old 05-01-2015, 09:33 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Thank you so much guys. Just venting off here helps a Lot. At least what I'm feeling is part of it. I feel like I'm going crazy at times. I keep reminding myself that I wasn't born into this world with an addiction. I definitely don't miss the caffeine and sugar come down from redbull. I have been doing a lot of lurking around the forums. It feels good to know I'm not as alone as I had felt. I really did feel like I was the only person with a drink problem. I hope to be here in 6 months helping another out.

I feel so much better now and I'm looking forward to my counselling session tonight. I really appreciate you all taking the time to offer some light And well done too!
Old 05-01-2015, 09:38 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  
AA member

Welcome to SR 5tuts glad you are here. Congratulations on your sober time.

The way you are feeling is normal for early recovery, as long as you remain sober you will start to feel better.

Be kind to yourself,get enough rest and keep well hydrated and eat well.
Old 05-01-2015, 09:43 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Your energy will probably go up as the days progress, right now our bodies are trying to fight out the toxins and abuse we have done to it. I used to be a one red bull person a day too-its so bad for you! I try green tea now bc it has caffeine & calms my nerves.
Old 05-01-2015, 09:53 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  

I joined up today as well. I'm on sober day 3. I find the most appealing thing about being on SR so far is that everyone wants you to win. I want you to win. I believe all of us have the power to win on our own, but having a team in your corner makes it so much easier. Hang in there; you're not alone.
Old 05-01-2015, 01:40 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  

Welcome to the Forum 5tuts!!
Old 05-01-2015, 02:37 PM
  # 11 (permalink)  

Thanks all. I had a good counselling session tonight. Finally getting to the root of my problem. I'm feeling a little excited. I just want my life back on track. Best of luck to us all starting our new journey and thank you for the words of encouragement and lovely welcome.