Notices

A Long Days Night.

Old 04-30-2015, 08:54 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

A Long Days Night.

I have to say I've been stronger than I though I could be these last few days. I haven't given in one bit, but today was rather frustrating. I told my Mother that I would go out shopping with her today to find new shoes. That involves taking my toddler along with me. Well after making U-Turn after U-Turn after U-Turn we finally made it to the walking mall. To make a very long frustrating story short 4 hours and a dozen toddler temper tantrums later we were finally done. By this time my daughter was completely spent and we had no energy to do anything I had suggested we do that day. I came home very tired and irritated and wanted nothing more than to go grab a bottle of wine and forget the day ever happened. It came pretty dang close but that 24 Hour promise I made last night about 9:30PM kept coming to mind. I didn't promise them I promised MYSELF that I wouldn't drink. So I decided right then at 5:15pm that if I was still as angry and fed up that at 9:31PM I'd go out and get my wine.
You know what happen? My husband came home we ate dinner and spent the rest of the night in bed giggling with my never cuter toddler. We had a pillow fight, we ate pudding and we laughed. Before I knew it, It was 10:30 and well past her bed time.

I'm not telling my story for "congratulations." I'm putting it out there because all to often we as alcoholics live in the moment, that moment right then and there and we can't see past it. The joy and happiness I had tonight could never compete with the feeling I have at the end of a bottle. I know every night will not end this way, but tonight did.
Stay Strong SR Members, there really is a pot of gold on the other side of the rainbow.
Old 04-30-2015, 08:57 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Administrator

Thanks for sharing that MySusnshine

(and congrats anyway...)

D
Old 04-30-2015, 08:58 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

What a great example of how much better life is without drinking. That moment with your family could have never happened had you caved and bought the wine.
I have a toddler too and coming home and playing with her everyday after work beats anything I could get out of a bottle.
Old 04-30-2015, 08:59 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Hillbilly Girl

Thank you for the post Sunshine......nothing like a good pillow fight! Love it
Old 04-30-2015, 09:00 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Thanks Dee, Your the one that suggested the 24HR promise to me and I am so glad you did. I'm off right not to sign it again for tomorrow. I've already joined the weekend promise too!
Thanks for your never ending support!
Old 04-30-2015, 09:18 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

OMG - I find shoe shopping stressful on my own, let alone with a toddler and my mum in tow! No wonder you were tired and stressed. It sounds like lots of the HALT triggers were there. Hunger, Anger, and being Tired. It really is worth adjusting plans to make sure you're safeguarding yourself from those things you know.

SO glad your evening changed direction. x