Notices

Sori its me again

Old 04-29-2015, 04:21 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Sori its me again

Hi all i am just wondering how many times i can keep bouncing backward and forward from this site. This group is fantastic and very supportive so why cant i give up drinking i know i am slowly killing myself and i feel i need to be more honest. So here goes my husband knows about my drinking but the rest of my family dont parents etc. The thing is i went 24 hours without a drink last week and it was really hard so what did i do instead of keeping on going forward i reached for the vodka bottle again. I am in a really bad state and the state of panic my mind goes through if i am running out of vodka is unbelievable. I just dont know what to do anymore and i know i dont deserve anyones support from here if i can only manage 24 hours i feel really pathetic.
Old 04-29-2015, 04:32 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by tizzkins View Post
Hi all i am just wondering how many times i can keep bouncing backward and forward from this site. This group is fantastic and very supportive so why cant i give up drinking i know i am slowly killing myself and i feel i need to be more honest. So here goes my husband knows about my drinking but the rest of my family dont parents etc. The thing is i went 24 hours without a drink last week and it was really hard so what did i do instead of keeping on going forward i reached for the vodka bottle again. I am in a really bad state and the state of panic my mind goes through if i am running out of vodka is unbelievable. I just dont know what to do anymore and i know i dont deserve anyones support from here if i can only manage 24 hours i feel really pathetic.
Welcome back. Time to get back on that bicycle. You are not pathetic. We have all been there. Deep breaths. One day, one our and if need be on minute at a time. You can do this girl.
Old 04-29-2015, 04:34 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

You deserve support Tizzkins and you can quit.
I noticed you only have 33 posts since joining in June. Why not spend more time here?
It took a couple of weeks for me to build some relationships and feel accountable, which I feel is a major aspect of the community. Why not join the 24 hour thread and make yourself accountable for 24 hours.
The 24 hour thread scared me a bit when I was first here (since I was scared I wouldn't get 24 hours), but if I can do it, you can do it too! .
http://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/...part-54-a.html
Old 04-29-2015, 05:34 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Hi Tizz,

I can't remember how many times I've relapsed by now! The main thing is that you keep pushing forward. I'm on day 10 now and with every hour that goes past, I feel better about the decision to stop drinking.

It's definitely difficult at times but read around this forum and join in, it's an amazing part of my own recovery programme and you might get some ideas on what will work for you :-)
Old 04-29-2015, 06:07 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  
Canine Welfare Advocate

You need to get some sober time accumulated and can't seem to do it on your own. Is medical detox and a short stint of inpatient rehab an option? You might benefit from being denied access to alcohol while you go through withdrawals.
Old 04-29-2015, 06:21 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  
Do your best

Welcome bk have you got a plan
Old 04-29-2015, 03:26 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  
Administrator

Hi Tizzkins

maybe you need to make some face to face connections - have you thought about something like AA?

D
Old 04-30-2015, 10:56 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Welcome back Tizzkins!! SR is in your corner!!