SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information

SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/)
-   Newcomers to Recovery (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/newcomers-recovery/)
-   -   well here goes nothing.... (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/newcomers-recovery/365840-well-here-goes-nothing.html)

jodi78148 04-27-2015 08:09 PM

well here goes nothing....

Hi!! So I have been drinking heavy for years....well for as long as I can remember. I'm a lot a lot like others in saying I didn't think I had a problem bc I didn't start drinking till after 5pm...right lol. Well its just getting worse and I was drinking earlier and could consume so much more (whiskey that's my friend). Alcohol I'm finally noticing has taken so many great things from me and ruined so many relationships...it truly is sad to say. Well I've finally decided enough is enough and today is my first day not drinking. I have to tell you the withdraw options are pretty freaky. But my anxiety is already so bad, I have strange breathing issues and sleep....well that only comes in naps really. I'm scared but I'm ready for this challenge and it was really nice to find this site. I always like to say that there are people out there that love life and live life to the fullest without alcohol so why can't I? I am on the journey to join these people and make my life healthy. Thanks for reading :-)

Rhythmethod 04-27-2015 08:32 PM

Good luck I am day 7 and tonight I couldnt find a meeting because the damn Austin aa website is down I finally came home and found this place... Somewhat of a last resort. Nevertheless today I am not drinking. Good grace and well wishes sent on your journey

TennantSmith 04-27-2015 08:34 PM

Welcome to you jodi78148 and Rhythmethod. SR is a wonderful community with a lot of support.

It's good to have you both here.

LillianGish 04-27-2015 08:48 PM

Well, there's goes something! It's a big step and congratulations for your brave step.

Yay you!! :dance1a:

Welcome ~ this is day two for me and I feel better being here with support.

Mysusnshine1 04-27-2015 08:49 PM

I find the Austin AA website to be frustrating as well. It was working well for me earlier today and I printed out the info before it could go down again.
-Good Luck

Rhythmethod 04-27-2015 08:58 PM

Tonight was particularly grueling . I leave the house thinking there was a meeting. Show up doors are locked...come home and my garage reeks like a dead head show because my spouse decided she needed to "relax"

Sometimes the universe mocks me... Lol

Soberwolf 04-28-2015 02:05 AM

Welcome Jodi nice to meet you

JaneLane 04-28-2015 02:26 AM

Welcome!

I had different levels of an alcohol problem too - if I didn't drink before midday, I didn't have an issue, if I drank with other people it was fine too...I had a load of different rules.
I'm nine days sober and the amount of time I have free since I'm not so preoccupied with the drink is amazing!

Dee74 04-28-2015 02:41 AM

Welcome to SR Jodi :)

There is life after drinking - never fear - and it's a great life to boot :)

Glad to have you join us :)

D

Cauliflower 04-28-2015 07:43 AM

Welcome to SR! I am really feeling at home here, I hope you will get comfy and stick around! There is lots of support available for you here.

jodi78148 04-28-2015 07:56 PM

Day two.....hmmm

I can't say day two has been too kind. I tossed and turned all last night and had odd dreams so I woke up tired. I got the strength to get the day going and was very productive bc I had to be to keep alcohol off my weary mind. So needless to say allot got accomplished. I still had some shakes, some breathing issues, but less anxiety. Now what really really gets to me are these lonely nights without my whiskey and coke buddy. Trying to find things to do when the sun goes down changes things. It makes me just want to go to bed but I can't sleep so I endlessly watch tv. Boo to lonely sad difficult nights lol. I guess this might be easier if I had some support at home so maybe I should try this AA thing lol. Now after all that whining I must say I am still celebrating day 2. Thank you to everyone on this awesome site for all the support you provide!!!

Coldfusion 04-28-2015 08:03 PM

Hi Jodi!

My wife and I used ninety AA meetings in ninety days to build a solid foundation for our recovery. I would definitely give your local meetings a try!

Rush2112 04-28-2015 08:08 PM

Jodi- This is an understanding and supportive place. Please stay linked.

jodi78148 04-28-2015 08:10 PM

Originally Posted by Coldfusion (Post 5343581)
Hi Jodi!

My wife and I used ninety AA meetings in ninety days to build a solid foundation for our recovery. I would definitely give your local meetings a try!

Thank you!! I'm to look first thing tomorrow :-)

jodi78148 04-28-2015 08:12 PM

Originally Posted by Rush2112 (Post 5343588)
Jodi- This is an understanding and supportive place. Please stay linked.

I come here everyday and will continue bc that's where I get my strength right now. Thank you to everyone who is helping me build that foundation!!!

ccam1973 04-28-2015 08:32 PM

Jodi, congrats on day 2. It does get easier and worth every ounce of effort you put in.

Lean on this community when ever you need. Tremendous support here at SR!

PurpleKnight 04-29-2015 08:46 AM

Welcome to the Forum Jodi!! :wave:

firstymer 04-29-2015 09:41 AM

How are you doing today, jodi78148? Stay strong. We are pulling for you!

Dee74 04-29-2015 03:51 PM

Hows it going Jodi?

D

jodi78148 04-29-2015 06:21 PM

end of day 3....I'm still sober

Its so funny I come on here every evening to update not only myself but my new supports...I love it. So day 3 was okay. Planted a flower garden in the front of the house and got all my x's stuff in one location so he can get it quickly and take his negativity out of my life finally.
Withdraws are still lingering. Sleeping was better but the dreams never stop, my shakes are better, my anxiety I must say is much better ( picks up at night though), had some stomach issues and strangely enough some itchiness ( hopefully that means healing). One thing I did want to ask everyone about is I'm starting to feel almost a cold coming on...sore throat and all...is that related you think?
I have to say my drinking had effected my body and mind so much before I stopped that I could not stop telling myself a heart attack was soon to come or I was dying of something ( damn anxiety) but I must say I feel that less and less everyday now...yay.
So finally I wanted everyone to know that today's my roommates birthday and they are partying hard upstairs and I am not in attendance. I'm proud of that but still almost sad funny enough. Anyways I will end with I will not be joining that party tonight bc I'm partying downstairs with water and my sobriety today. Thank you everyone again...Can't say it enough. I will see all you lovely people tomorrow for day 4 :ring