Notices

Feeling kinda down.

Old 05-02-2015, 07:22 PM
  # 41 (permalink)  
...holds the key

Well, crud! Keep fighting it! I'll keep my fingers crossed for ya!
Xoxo
Old 05-02-2015, 07:25 PM
  # 42 (permalink)  

I'm fighting it now as a matter of principle.

My real focus is on moving forward around the issue of having my body betray me.
Old 05-02-2015, 07:43 PM
  # 43 (permalink)  

Zen - I'm sorry about the pain you are going through. You've gotten some great advice and suggestions. I know things are different up there, but I work for an orthopedic surgeon and his patients come back, the day after surgery, to start PT. Yes, they are on prescribed pain meds, but he is really big on proper exercises to build up supporting muscles and PT afterward.

He's pretty darned good about determining whether something was wrong before a work injury, and I'm sure he's not the only one.

My point is, prior to this job, I had no idea of all the options that are available now for orthopedic stuff. They are still working on better and less-invasive alternatives, so by the time you get older, who knows what will be available?

Hang in there, please don't drink, and maybe check out the docs you are supposed to see. Some are better at different things. The doc I work for has "a thing" for knees.

Hugs and prayers,

Amy
Old 05-02-2015, 07:56 PM
  # 44 (permalink)  

thats the truth. its been like 6 weeks since i last did a line of speed . i feel like s--t i want to feel good and quit hating life .i will be susseful because i rid my self of all toxic relations. but on top of this my best pal my kittie died .before i quit one reason for doing this s--t was it was the only thing that loved my . no matter what it would be there and love me
Old 05-02-2015, 08:02 PM
  # 45 (permalink)  

Impurrfect my doctor has written me a letter to help me fight my battle with WSIB. Whether or not my knees would have eventually given me problems had nothing to do with the sprain I got. The two events are separate..... he thinks the sprain led to an already existing problem getting exasperated.

And yes I am going to get a second opinion. It's happening! This week I will book an appt.

You are so right about keeping the supporting muscles strong I believe it is key. I haven't been to the gym for a week but my other knee just started acting up. I don't want to push it until I have a diagnosis..... I'm afraid of doing more damage. I know the moment that I hurt it and really it is so silly! I climbed into bed and landed funny on it in a bent knee position, just like I hurt the first one! It had already been bugging me from having to compensate for the other one. Anyways a stupid little thing like that. I mean really! I'm not a 90 year old brittle old woman. I messed up my good knee from getting into bed funny! What a bad joke!
Old 05-02-2015, 08:05 PM
  # 46 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by keggleres View Post
thats the truth. its been like 6 weeks since i last did a line of speed . i feel like s--t i want to feel good and quit hating life .i will be susseful because i rid my self of all toxic relations. but on top of this my best pal my kittie died .before i quit one reason for doing this s--t was it was the only thing that loved my . no matter what it would be there and love me
Hi! I'm sorry you lost your pet. Getting high on speed isn't going to bring your pet back though. You have a better chance of success without that garbage in your system.

Nice to meet you.
Old 05-02-2015, 08:22 PM
  # 47 (permalink)  

Zen - I had no idea of how many muscles are involved with knees, but I'm glad you aren't pushing it at the gym. It seems like there are specific exercises for key muscles? I am slowly learning about it all.

Another thing my doc recommends is "prehab" - building up muscles before surgery. Some people can do it, some can't, depends on what's going on and whether it will benefit them.

I always recommend making a list of questions and concerns when someone is going to a doctor. I used to be a nurse and would see people go blank when the doctor walked in. I also need a list, I just can't remember.

Hugs and prayers,

Amy