Notices

Time to celebrate

Old 04-26-2015, 07:59 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Time to celebrate

The hardest trigger for me so far is when I feel like celebrating. It's when I'm happy.

When I'm sad, mad, fighting anxiety, it's easier for me to reason with myself. The reason I have those emotions is due to alcohol and drinking will only make it worse.

But when I'm happy and want to live it up, I feel as though alcohol will do that for me. Which is true...for a very short time.

I was able to overcome a very weak moment yesterday after buying a bottle of wine. I made the day by telling myself "later. Not right now".

Anyway....
I know everyone is different. But I'm curious as to how others overcome this trigger. Today, I'll be making a list of options.

I know one of which is to look ahead and see myself the next day. To process the fact that I feel great because I did NOT drink, and if I did drink, I'll be depressed again.

I'll have to plan ahead for up coming weekends a little differently. I should come up with a couple fun things to do If I make the week without drinking. A reward. Otherwise, the weekend becomes just another day of fighting demons.
Old 04-26-2015, 08:38 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

It is time to celebrate, so maybe you can think of a different reward. Think of things that will make you feel good about yourself. For me, it would be shopping,