Notices

How is everyone's day, whats for dinner

Old 04-25-2015, 05:13 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

How is everyone's day, whats for dinner

Today has been another awesome day. I got out and took a walk around the park ( something I haven't done in ages). Getting out of the house is hard for me but this new medication i am taking is working wonders, and the bet part about it is I opted for the non narcotic meds so I can't get addicted to this stuff.

I swore sometime ago I wouldn't ever go back to AA. I lied, today I decided I needed someplace to be where there would be no temptation. Well that someplace was AA. I actually liked the meeting too. Great topic, got some numbers to call if I get into trouble, but this isn't the AA forum so I won't say anymore about that.

Other than that, I am cooking again. I got some asparugus, and potatoes and chicken. I don't cook often so my wife kind of quarked her head sideways and is trying to give me pointers on how to cook. Really I just thinks I am going to burn the house down or ruin whatever I am cooking, so its been pretty funny having her hover over me like a den mother or something. I am going to try the health eating thing again, but I always go back to my fatty fried food.....

Hope everyone enjoyed there day. Whats for dinner folks, I need some more ideas for later this week.
Old 04-25-2015, 05:20 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Hi, great day for me. Still early in the evening and i have just been surfing the Web and drinking tea. I get to go to work tonight so the extra cash will be goOd. Oh and it rained lat night which is great news! (It never rains here and the drought scares me)
Old 04-25-2015, 05:21 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

ah yes, and for dinner I Stick to veggies bc that is good for saving water also
Lots of potatoes and swiss chard right now
Old 04-25-2015, 05:21 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

We could really use the rain here in Nevada too, this year it snowed only twice in Reno and we probably have around 5 rains. Its a mega drought, ack we need water.
Old 04-25-2015, 05:24 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  
Administrator

I'm glad you had a good day and that you went back to AA Jeremy.
Enjoy dinner

D
Old 04-25-2015, 05:31 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Sounds like you had a great day! Chicken strips here.. Hotel food
Old 04-25-2015, 05:38 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

made chicken leg quarters in the oven with baked potato. going to cook up some talapia later - for wife eats/lunch for nit shift

I made a cool black rice mixed with black beans thing... no other flavors added - tasty good... and salad
Old 04-25-2015, 05:40 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  
~sb

chicken mushroom fettuccine in a Parmesan cheese sauce with mixed veggies on the side and a salad....
Old 04-25-2015, 05:41 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  

Glad you had a great day Jeremy! Sounds like you're enjoying your new journey, which is great to see.

Last night for dinner I'm not sure what I did right, but man was it ever good. Chopped up some italian sausage, chicken, bunch of bell peppers (green, red & yellow), onions, celery, garlic. Cooked it all up, added some of those little ore-like looking pastas (don't know what they're called), various spices, tomato sauce, and done! That was one of the best meals I've cooked in ages.

Not sure about tonight. That's still 12 hours away. Probably my typical salmon steak with veggie stir fry. I eat that all the time. Quick, easy, tastes great, and healthy.

Sorry, I love cooking.
Old 04-25-2015, 05:47 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  

If you want a good, quick meal here... Chop up some green bell peppers, onions, zucchini, garlic, and chicken breasts. Fry up the chicken, boil some penne pasta.

For sauce, chicken broth, butter, salt, pepper, cornstarch, fresh lemon juice. Mix it all up, add salt and pepper, throw some feta cheese on top, and it tastes great.
Old 04-25-2015, 06:07 PM
  # 11 (permalink)  

Troy and sugar bear both those meals sounds awesome either of you want to come over and cook for me. Lbrain what is black rice, I don't think I've ever had it. Same with the swiss chard?
Old 04-25-2015, 06:31 PM
  # 12 (permalink)  

Troy, I think some chopped up parsley or cilantro on top of that chicken penne dish would be alright.
Swish chard - any number of leafy greens, mustard greens, kale, spinach etc. litely sauteed in olive oil and maybe a little garlic or diced shallot...
Black Rice - Powerful, very Nutritious and full of antioxidants
Old 04-25-2015, 06:34 PM
  # 13 (permalink)  

Swiss chard sounds really, really, really good.
Old 04-25-2015, 06:53 PM
  # 14 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Thatdeliveryguy View Post
Swiss chard sounds really, really, really good.
They look excellent too.

Too bad there's not a chance I'll find them here. Lots of bok choy around here though, so guess I'll have to stick with that.
Old 04-25-2015, 07:17 PM
  # 15 (permalink)  

I haven't had a whole lot of Thai in my life, but I hear its very tasty stuff.
Old 04-26-2015, 07:38 PM
  # 16 (permalink)  

So what did everyone have tonight?

Last night my dogs manipulated me into buying them a duck, so they got that as a nice treat. I was going to have some, but changed my mind. Duck is delicious, but pretty fatty, and not something you want to eat very often.

So instead, I ended up with chinese beef & broccoli stir-fry, which was excellent, although a little spicier than most recipes call for.

Not sure about tonight. Stuck deciding between spicy pork goulash, or chicken stir-fry with cashew nuts, snow peas, bell peppers, etc. I tell ya, for being a bachelor, I think I eat pretty healthy meals. A lot of bachelors just stick with frozen pizzas, chinese take out, TV dinners, or whatever. Not me boy.