SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information

SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/)
-   Newcomers to Recovery (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/newcomers-recovery/)
-   -   AF Drinks... (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/newcomers-recovery/365611-af-drinks.html)

Ice71 04-25-2015 11:32 AM

AF Drinks...

Hi all.

I am looking for non alcoholic drink recipes to replace my old beer habit. Water is getting very boring and I don't like having a coca cola everyday. What are some of your favorite drinks that you enjoy now that are refreshing and enjoyable?

:You_Rock_

Thanks for your time.

Ice

PurpleKnight 04-25-2015 11:35 AM

My favourite is cranberry juice, drop of soda water and lime!!

Also I drink green/white teas every day of the week, so many flavours to try!! :)

greens 04-25-2015 11:46 AM

At a bar? I just order something sugary or fizzy. I like to think ppl assume it's a mixed drink.
. my drink of choice right now is green tea - specificAlly genmaicha.
here's my 2 cents, think of all the money you're saving by not drinking and explore soMe creative avenues with ALcohol free drinks.
there's an ALCOHOL free ginger beer I love Too. Reeds ginger brew

Soberwolf 04-25-2015 11:47 AM

Green tea is lovely

Ice71 04-25-2015 11:56 AM

I'm off to go find some reeds ginger beer. Looks yummy. I hope they have the crafted root beer too.

Elphaba 04-25-2015 11:56 AM

Nojito's

Lime juice
Fresh mint
Stevia
Sparkling water or club soda

newpage119 04-25-2015 11:59 AM

Club soda and any fruit juice
Izzy

greens 04-25-2015 12:59 PM

Oh yea, since lots of people keep posting about green tea-
Yerba mate and guayasa are both known for their " natural highs"
and also have health benefits beyond regular green tea.
Good stuff for us alkies

Altoids 04-25-2015 01:04 PM

I'm into sparkling mineral water. Sometimes plain and sometimes with flavor.

aajajen 04-25-2015 01:26 PM

Green tea with lemon is great. Mineral water or soda lemon and lime when I'm out. I've found it very helpful to have a drink in your hand when in social situations, even though it's not alcoholic. Otherwise I feel awkward and people are more inclined to ask why you don't have a drink which can lead into awkward territory if you're not prepared ;)

Bobcat17 04-25-2015 02:00 PM

Flavored hot or iced coffee. Hot peach tea. Gatorade/sports drinks. Mountain Dew. V-8 juice. Bottled water. Iced tea with lemon. I also eat lots of ice cream (probably too much). Sometimes I have Andes mints or hard butterscotch candy. These things have helped me over the past (almost) two months not to drink.

Jake1961 04-25-2015 02:47 PM

I make selzer water with a Soda Stream machine. Use either a few slices of lemon or lime or a splash of orange juice. Trying to reduce coffee intake and have found teas; white, black, and various herbals, are a good substitute. Yogurt and fruit in a blender makes a nice cool drink on a warm day.

TroyW 04-25-2015 04:47 PM

Green tea with honey I like, but it's too hot here to drink that often.

Another I like is these multi-vitamin fruit juice drinks:

http://suwatsnack.com/upload/product..._juice_100.jpg

I got all the store owners around me confused, I think. Sometimes I'll grab my standard 1L bottle of whiskey, and other times about 16 of those fruit juices. :)

Thatdeliveryguy 04-25-2015 05:27 PM

I like creame soda, any sort of tea especially Earl Gray. La croix water is flavored almost taste like soda but its all natural. Its good stuff but very pricey.

AliWProk 04-25-2015 06:25 PM

I treat myself to a rootbeer float now and then. I like limeade, too.

strategery 04-25-2015 06:27 PM

I enjoy flavored seltzer waters, although I really enjoy different flavors of Roobois tea. If I want caffeine, I enjoy green teas.

Ice71 04-25-2015 07:34 PM

Thanks for all the replies. I went and picked up some IBC root beer and some Pepsi with real sugar. I won't drink much of the pepsi though. Not a big soda drinker. I will try another store for the reeds ginger beer. Their site says its sold in my area. I will try the green tea as well.