Notices

Drinking.

Old 04-25-2015, 07:22 AM
  # 21 (permalink)  

Hi there. I'm so glad you posted. One of the things that helped me during those "will power and won't power" struggles was AVRT. You can google it, but basically it is learning how to distinguish the addictive voice from ME!!! Not only does this technique work with addiction, but it works in soooo many aspects of life especially relationships. Learning to discern that destructive addictive voice has blessed me so much. It gets much quieter when it can't get its way so there is no more fighting or struggling.

I'm so glad you posted. Please keep on posting and please post before you take the drink. As someone else posted, the relapse starts long before the actual drink. We can talk all that thru with you and help you change directions. The people here have helped me more than I could ever say.
Old 04-25-2015, 08:37 AM
  # 22 (permalink)  

Altoids, thank you so much. Sometimes I feel like those around me don't get it, and hearing those empathetic encouraging words really help. I will google the avrt that you mentioned.

I'm ready to start again and have a whole weekend planned that focuses on my well being. I'm not going to let that slip up derail me again. Going to pamper my self with a mani/pedi, go to yoga and go to the library to get some books mentioned by D. Going to enjoy the beautiful day with my pup. Thanks for the help.
Old 04-25-2015, 08:58 AM
  # 23 (permalink)  

You don't need to prove anything, I spent years drinking and got that t-shirt, the proof is in what alcohol has already caused, there is no need to go back and see if things would be any different, as for me for years it wasn't!!

Go at things again!! you can do this!!
Old 04-25-2015, 02:57 PM
  # 24 (permalink)  
Administrator

I'm sorry things didn't work out like you expected they would when you got home.

I think you need a different strategy to deal with disappointment tho.

D