SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information

SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/)
-   Newcomers to Recovery (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/newcomers-recovery/)
-   -   I might be jumping the gun but..... (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/newcomers-recovery/365526-i-might-jumping-gun-but.html)

Thatdeliveryguy 04-24-2015 11:11 AM

I might be jumping the gun but.....

So my old boss loved me, he owns a furniture company and has a big reputation in Reno. He was talking to some of his fellow furniture owners and told them, I was a good worker. I have an interview because of this with another furniture company, with a company I never applied for. I am going to go to the interview, and if offered a job I really will have to consider it, but maybe to early in sobriety to really consider this offer.

ScottFromWI 04-24-2015 11:14 AM

I remember that you enjoyed your job, best of luck at the interview.

Thatdeliveryguy 04-24-2015 11:19 AM

haha, I am " thatdeliveryguy" for a reason, I lived for my job I loved driving the truck and being all over the place more than anything. It was the ultimate feeling to please customers and do things or put furniture in places they didn't think would work.

countrygirl2014 04-24-2015 11:21 AM

Oh wow, that's exciting!

Jennifer

JaneLane 04-24-2015 11:24 AM

Good luck! I had job interviews today too - must be something in the air!

Let us know how you get on :-)

hopeful4 04-24-2015 11:37 AM

Good for you! I would say that work is a good way to focus on just that for X amount of hours per day, which is a good thing!

I hope it all goes well!

LBrain 04-24-2015 01:10 PM

this can be used as another tool to help you stay sober... take advantage of it...

but under no circumstances believe for a second you are in the clear just because you got a job back... you have a long way to go my friend...
don't forget it.

Thatdeliveryguy 04-24-2015 05:49 PM

This is what I wanted, I mean I really fell apart when I had to quit my job, now this is an opportunity. However, I know I have a long, long, long way to go. The good is I've gotten great at going 10 to 20 days sober, I no longer drink daily, the bad is I occasionally revist old habits with the same results. REGRET!

Dee74 04-24-2015 05:53 PM

Only you can decide if this is a good thing or not Jeremy. Did things about your job trigger you in the past?

I'm NOT saying turn down any offers - I think a little purpose in you life could really help - but I think you need to look at all the angles, and be prepared, like a boy scout :).

Thatdeliveryguy 04-24-2015 06:08 PM

The biggest trigger by far with delivering furniture is daily tips. I had free cash in my pocket all the time. That meant beer money, cigarette money and money to gamble. That is what I used the money for, I had a coworker save his tips for a year and ended up with 3k that he used to invest in the stock market. Man I wish I had followed that guys lead, last time I asked him about it he was up to 3.5k on his original investment and still using his tip money to invest.